- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Leukemia Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 523168, 4 pages
Myeloid Sarcoma: Clinicopathologic, Cytogenetic, and Outcome Analysis of 21 Adult Patients
1Medical Oncology Department, King Hussein Cancer Center, Al-Jubeiha, Amman 11941, Jordan
2Pathology Department, King Hussein Cancer Center, Al-Jubeiha, Amman 11941, Jordan
Received 10 November 2010; Accepted 7 December 2010
Academic Editor: Alessandro Isidori
Copyright © 2011 Hani Al-Khateeb et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Burns, “Observation of surgical anatomy,” in Head and Neck, p. 364, Royce, London, UK, 1811.
- A. King, “A case of chloroma,” The Monthly Journal of Medicine, vol. 17, p. 97, 1853.
- R. D. Brunnung, E. Matutes, and G. Flandrin, “Acute myeloid leukemias,” in Pathology and Genetics of Tumors of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissue, E. S. Jaffe, N. L. Harris, H. Stein, and J. W. Vardiman, Eds., World Health Organization Classification of Tumors, pp. 77–105, IARC Press, 2001.
- A. M. Tsimberidou, H. M. Kantarjian, E. Estey et al., “Outcome in patients with nonleukemic granulocytic sarcoma treated with chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy,” Leukemia, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1100–1103, 2003.
- N. Zekry, M. J. Klooster, R. Raghavan, and J. Wang, “A 7-year-old child with a history of acute myeloid leukemia presenting with multiple gastrointestinal polyps. Extramedullary myeloid sarcoma,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. e3–e4, 2006.
- J. Audouin, E. Comperat, A. Le Tourneau et al., “Myeloid sarcoma: clinical and morphologic criteria useful for diagnosis,” International Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 271–282, 2003.
- J. W. Vardiman, J. Thiele, D. A. Arber et al., “The 2008 revision of the World Health Organization (WHO) classification of myeloid neoplasms and acute leukemia: rationale and important changes,” Blood, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. 937–951, 2009.
- J. C. Byrd, W. J. Edenfield, D. J. Shields, and N. A. Dawson, “Extramedullary myeloid cell tumors in acute nonlymphocytic leukemia: a clinical review,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1800–1816, 1995.
- B. A. Alexiev, W. Wang, Y. Ning et al., “Myeloid sarcomas: a histologic, immunohistochemical, and cytogenetic study,” Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 2, no. 1, article 42, 2007.
- M. S. Tallman, D. Hakimian, J. M. Shaw, G. S. Lissner, E. J. Russell, and D. Variakojis, “Granulocytic sarcoma is associated with the 8;21 translocation in acute myeloid leukemia,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 690–697, 1993.
- G. Deeb, M. R. Baer, D. P. Gaile et al., “Genomic profiling of myeloid sarcoma by array comparative genomic hybridization,” Genes Chromosomes and Cancer, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 373–383, 2005.
- S. A. Pileri, S. Ascani, M. C. Cox et al., “Myeloid sarcoma: clinico-pathologic, phenotypic and cytogenetic analysis of 92 adult patients,” Leukemia, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 340–350, 2007.