- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Molecular Biology International
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 373241, 4 pages
Tissue-Specific Expression of the Chicken Calpain2 Gene
1Institute of Poultry Sciences, Sichuan Animal Science Academy, Chengdu, Sichuan 610066, China
2Breeding Center, College of Animal Science and Technology, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya'an, Sichuan 625014, China
3Sichuan Dahen Poultry Breeding Company, Chengdu, Sichuan 610066, China
Received 18 January 2010; Revised 21 June 2010; Accepted 30 June 2010
Academic Editor: Emanuel E. Strehler
Copyright © 2010 Zeng-Rong Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Veiseth and M. Koohmaraie, “Effect of extraction buffer on estimating calpain and calpastatin activity in postmortem ovine muscle,” Meat Science, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 325–329, 2001.
- A. Ducastaing, C. Valin, J. Schollmeyer, and R. Cross, “Effects of electrical stimulation on post-mortem changes in the activities of two Ca2+ -dependent neutral proteinases and their inhibitor in beef muscle,” Meat Science, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 193–202, 1985.
- M. Koohmaraie, S. D. Shackelford, N. E. Muggli-Cockett, and R. T. Stone, “Effect of the beta-adrenergic agonist L644,969 on muscle growth, endogenous proteinase activities, and postmortem proteolysis in wether lambs,” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 4823–4835, 1991.
- P. Vidalenc, P. Cottin, N. Merdaci, and A. Ducastaing, “Stability of two Ca2+-dependent neutral proteinases and their specific inhibitor during post-mortem storage of rabbit skeletal muscle,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 1241–1250, 1983.
- M. L. Boehm, T. L. Kendall, V. F. Thompson, and D. E. Goll, “Changes in the calpains and calpastatin during postmortem storage of bovine muscle,” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 76, no. 9, pp. 2415–2434, 1998.
- E. Veiseth, S. D. Shackelford, T. L. Wheeler, and M. Koohmaraie, “Effect of postmortem storage on μ-calpain and m-calpain in ovine skeletal muscle,” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 1502–1508, 2001.
- P. Cottin, V. F. Thompson, S. K. Sathe, A. Szpacenko, and D. E. Goll, “Autolysis of υ- and m-calpain from bovine skeletal muscle,” Biological Chemistry, vol. 382, no. 5, pp. 767–776, 2001.
- D. E. Goll, V. F. Thompson, H. Li, W. Wei, and J. Cong, “The calpain system,” Physiological Reviews, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 731–801, 2003.
- S. R. McKee, E. M. Hirschler, and A. R. Sams, “Physical and biochemical effects of broiler breast tenderization by aging after pre-rigor deboning,” Journal of Food Science, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 959–962, 1997.
- Nurmahmudi and A. R. Sams, “Tenderizing spent fowl meat with calcium chloride. 3. Biochemical characteristics of tenderized breast meat,” Poultry Science, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 543–547, 1997.
- F. Obanor, J. D. Morton, G. H. Geesink, and R. Bickerstaffe, “Effect of processing on turkey meat quality and proteolysis,” Poultry Science, vol. 84, no. 7, pp. 1123–1128, 2005.
- G. I. Veeramuthu and A. R. Sams, “Postmortem pH, myofibrillar fragmentation, and calpain activity in Pectoralis from electrically stimulated and muscle tensioned broiler carcasses,” Poultry Science, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 272–276, 1999.