- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Molecular Biology International
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 740152, 5 pages
Allele Frequencies of 10 Autosomal STR Loci from Chakma and Tripura Tribal Populations in Bangladesh
1National Forensic DNA Profiling Laboratory, Department of Forensic Medicine, Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
2Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Received 14 January 2010; Accepted 28 March 2010
Academic Editor: Alessandro Desideri
Copyright © 2010 Ahmad Ferdous et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. S. Lander, L. M. Linton, B. Birren, et al., “Initial sequencing and analysis of the human genome,” Nature, vol. 409, no. 6822, pp. 860–921, 2001.
- A. Edwards, A. Civitello, H. A. Hammond, and C. T. Caskey, “DNA typing and genetic mapping with trimeric and tetrameric tandem repeats,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 746–756, 1991.
- A. Edwards, H. A. Hammond, L. Jin, C. T. Caskey, and R. Chakraborty, “Genetic variation at five trimeric and tetrameric tandem repeat loci in four human population groups,” Genomics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 241–253, 1992.
- P. S. Walsh, D. A. Metzger, and R. Higuchi, “Chelex 100 as a simple method for simple extraction of DNA for PCR-based typing from forensic material,” Biotechniques, vol. 10, pp. 413–506, 1991.
- Promega Corporation, “Powerstats version 1.2,” http://www.promega.com/geneticidtools/powerstats.
- S. W. Guo and E. A. Thompson, “Performing the exact test of Hardy-Weinberg proportion for multiple alleles,” Biometrics, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 361–372, 1992.
- D. Schneider, D. Roessli, and L. Excoffier, Arelquine, Version 2.0, A Software for Population Genetics Data Analysis, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland, 2000.
- The Evaluation of Forensic DNA Evidence, National Academy of Sciences, 1996.
- L. A. Foreman and J. A. Lambert, “Genetic differentiation within and between four UK ethnic groups,” Forensic Science International, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 7–20, 2000.
- A. Ferdous, M. E. Ali, S. Alam, et al., “Genetic data on 10 autosomal STR loci in the Bangladeshi population,” Legal Medicine, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 297–299, 2006.