- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Molecular Biology International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 839872, 8 pages
The Role of miRNAs as Key Regulators in the Neoplastic Microenvironment
1Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences Department, College of Arts and Sciences, Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
2Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, The Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
Received 21 December 2010; Accepted 6 February 2011
Academic Editor: Alessandro Desideri
Copyright © 2011 K. K. Wentz-Hunter and J. A. Potashkin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Indraneel Mittra, Naveen Kumar Nair, and Pradyumna Kumar Mishra, “Nucleic acids in circulation: Are they harmful to the host?,” Journal of Biosciences, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 301–312, 2012.
- Alessandro Allegra, Andrea Alonci, Salvatore Campo, Giuseppa Penna, Annamaria Petrungaro, Demetrio Gerace, and Caterina Musolino, “Circulating microRNAs: New biomarkers in diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of cancer (Review),” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 1897–1912, 2012.
- Tetsuji Suda, Hanako Oba, Hiroyuki Takei, Masafumi Kurosumi, Shin-ichi Hayashi, and Yuri Yamaguchi, “ER-activating ability of breast cancer stromal fibroblasts is regulated ind ependently of alteration of TP53 and PTEN tumor suppressor genes,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 428, no. 2, pp. 259–263, 2012.
- Raghu Kalluri, and Sonia A. Melo, “miR-29b moulds the tumour microenvironment to repress metastasis,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 139–140, 2013.
- Qingbao Cheng, Bin Yi, and Aihua Wang, “Exploring and exploiting the fundamental role of microRNAs in tumor pathoge nesis,” Oncotargets and Therapy, vol. 6, pp. 1675–1684, 2013.