- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mediators of Inflammation
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 171023, 7 pages
Resistance Exercise Training-Induced Muscle Hypertrophy Was Associated with Reduction of Inflammatory Markers in Elderly Women
1Research Team for Social Participation and Health Promotion, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 35-2 Sakaecho, Itabashi, Tokyo 173-0015, Japan
2Consolidated Research Institute for Advanced Science and Medical Care, Waseda University, 513 Wasedatsurumakicho Shinjuku, Tokyo 162-0041, Japan
3School of Physical Education, Tokai University, 1117 Kitakaname, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 259-1292, Japan
4Faculty of Human Sciences, Waseda University, 2-579-15 Mikajima, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-1192, Japan
Received 20 July 2010; Revised 21 October 2010; Accepted 1 December 2010
Academic Editor: Giamila Fantuzzi
Copyright © 2010 Kishiko Ogawa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kishiko Ogawa, Hun-kyung Kim, Takahiko Shimizu, Sigeaki Abe, Yumi Shiga, and Stuart K. Calderwood, “Plasma heat shock protein 72 as a biomarker of sarcopenia in elderly people,” Cell Stress and Chaperones, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 349–359, 2011.
- Fábio L. Orsatti, Eliana A.P. Nahas, Cláudio L. Orsatti, Erick P. de Oliveira, Jorge Nahas-Neto, Gustavo R. da Mota, and Roberto C. Burini, “Muscle Mass Gain After Resistance Training Is Inversely Correlated With Trunk Adiposity Gain in Postmenopausal Women,” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 2130–2139, 2012.
- Paul M. Gordon, Dongmei Liu, Maureen A. Sartor, Heidi B. IglayReger, Emidio E. Pistilli, Laurie Gutmann, Gustavo A. Nader, and Eric P. Hoffman, “Resistance exercise training influences skeletal muscle immune activation: a microarray analysis,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 443–453, 2012.
- Luiz Augusto Perandini, Ana Lúcia de Sá-Pinto, Hamilton Roschel, Fabiana Braga Benatti, Fernanda Rodrigues Lima, Eloisa Bonfá, and Bruno Gualano, “Exercise as a therapeutic tool to counteract inflammation and clinical symptoms in autoimmune rheumatic diseases,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 218–224, 2012.
- Richard A. Dennis, Larry E. Johnson, Paula K. Roberson, Muhannad Heif, Melinda M. Bopp, Kimberly K. Garner, Kalpana P. Padala, Prasad R. Padala, Patricia M. Dubbert, and Dennis H. Sullivan, “Changes in Activities of Daily Living, Nutrient Intake, and Systemic Inflammation in Elderly Adults Receiving Recuperative Care,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 2246–2253, 2012.
- L. Vanhees, M. Börjesson, N. Geladas, D. Hansen, E. Kouidi, J. Niebauer, Ž Reiner, V. Cornelissen, S. Adamopoulos, and E. Prescott, “Importance of characteristics and modalities of physical activity and exercise in the management of cardiovascular health in individuals with cardiovascular risk factors: Recommendations from the EACPR (Part II),” European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1005–1033, 2012.
- Ingo Beyer, Tony Mets, and Ivan Bautmans, “Chronic low-grade inflammation and age-related sarcopenia,” Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 12–22, 2012.
- I. Beyer, R. Njemini, I. Bautmans, C. Demanet, P. Bergmann, and T. Mets, “Inflammation-related muscle weakness and fatigue in geriatric patients,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 52–59, 2012.
- Nelo Eidy Zanchi, Felipe Natali Almeida, Fábio Santos Lira, José César Rosa Neto, Humberto Nicastro, Claudia Ribeiro da Luz, Mário Alves de Siqueira Filho, Vitor Felitti, Mariz Vainzof, Marilia Seelaender, Jacques R. Poortmans, and Antonio Herbert Lancha, “Renewed Avenues through Exercise Muscle Contractility and Inflammatory Status,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2012, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- N.J Menzies-Gow, H. Wray, S.R. Bailey, P.A. Harris, and J. Elliott, “The effect of exercise on plasma concentrations of inflammatory markers in normal and previously laminitic ponies,” Equine Veterinary Journal, 2013.
- G. Rosa, D.B. Mello, M.S.R. Fortes, and E.H.M. Dantas, “Tecido adiposo, hormônios metabólicos e exercício físico,” Revista Andaluza de Medicina del Deporte, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 78–84, 2013.
- Heather K. Vincent, and Anne Mathews, “Obesity and Mobility in Advancing Age: Mechanisms and Interventions to Preserve Independent Mobility,” Current Obesity Reports, 2013.
- Regis Radaelli, Cíntia E. Botton, Eurico N. Wilhelm, Martim Bottaro, Fabiano Lacerda, Anelise Gaya, Kelly Moraes, Amanda Peruzzolo, Lee E. Brown, and Ronei Silveira Pinto, “Low- and high-volume strength training induces similar neuromuscular improvements in muscle quality in elderly women,” Experimental Gerontology, 2013.
- Myriam Denguezli, Monia Zaouali, Abdelkrim Zbidi, Zouhair Tabka, and Anissa Bouassida, “Diet and Diet Combined with Chronic Aerobic Exercise Decreases Body Fat Mas s and Alters Plasma and Adipose Tissue Inflammatory Markers in Obese Women,” Inflammation, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1239–1247, 2013.
- C. Couppe, A. Karlsen, J. F. Grosset, P. Schjerling, A. L. Mackey, H. H. Klausen, S. P. Magnusson, and M. Kjaer, “Life-long endurance exercise in humans: Circulating levels of inflammatory markers and leg muscle size,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, vol. 134, no. 11-12, pp. 531–540, 2013.
- V. H. Stewart, D. H. Saunders, and C. A. Greig, “Responsiveness of muscle size and strength to physical training in very elderly people: A systematic review,” Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 2013.
- Diana Tuna, Joao L. Viana, Pedro Figueiredo, Joana Carvalho, Jorge Mota, and Joao T. Guimaraes, “Response of bone mineral density, inflammatory cytokines, and biochemical b one markers to a 32-week combined loading exercise programme in older men a nd women,” Archives Of Gerontology And Geriatrics, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 226–233, 2013.
- Cintia E. Botton, Eurico N. Wilhelm, Martim Bottaro, Lee E. Brown, Fabiano Lacerda, Anelise Gaya, Kelly Moraes, Amanda Peruzzolo, and Ronei S. Pinto, “Time course of low- and high-volume strength training on neuromuscular adap tations and muscle quality in older women,” Age, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 881–892, 2014.