- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mediators of Inflammation
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 986596, 10 pages
Classification, Mechanisms of Action, and Therapeutic Applications of Inhibitory Oligonucleotides for Toll-Like Receptors (TLR) 7 and 9
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Received 30 November 2009; Accepted 9 March 2010
Academic Editor: Philipp M. Lepper
Copyright © 2010 Petar S. Lenert. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Lisa A. Sorbera, Sundaravinayagam, Dulsat, and Rosa, “Therapeutic targets for systemic lupus erythematosus,” Drugs of the Future, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 765–772, 2010.
- L. A. Sorbera, D. Sundaravinayagam, C. Dulsat, and E. Rosa, “Therapeutic Targets For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,” Drugs of The Future, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 765–772, 2010.
- Yoshinobu Takakura, Hiroyuki Yoshida, Makiya Nishikawa, Tsuyoshi Kiyota, Shota Uno, Hiroyasu Toyota, Rei Takahashi, and Miwako Narita, “5′-Phosphate oligodeoxynucleotides enhance the phosphodiester-CpG DNA-induced inflammatory response in macrophages,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 425–436, 2010.
- Maria Eugenia Guicciardi, and Gregory J. Gores, “Apoptosis as a Mechanism for Liver Disease Progression,” Seminars in Liver Disease, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 402–410, 2010.
- Ana M. Avalos, and Hidde L. Ploegh, “Competition by inhibitory oligonucleotides prevents binding of CpG to C-terminal TLR9,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 2820–2827, 2011.
- H. Yanai, S. Chiba, T. Ban, Y. Nakaima, T. Onoe, K. Honda, H. Ohdan, and T. Taniguchi, “Suppression of immune responses by nonimmunogenic oligodeoxynucleotides with high affinity for high-mobility group box proteins (HMGBs),” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 108, no. 28, pp. 11542–11547, 2011.
- Toshiro Sada, Masao Ota, Yoshihiko Katsuyama, Akira Meguro, Eiichi Nomura, Riyo Uemoto, Tadayuki Nishide, Eiichi Okada, Shigeaki Ohno, Hidetoshi Inoko, and Nobuhisa Mizuki, “Association analysis of Toll-like receptor 7 gene polymorphisms and Behçet's disease in Japanese patients,” Human Immunology, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 269–272, 2011.
- Hans Ulrich Scherer, and Gerd-Rüdiger Burmester, “Adaptive immunity in rheumatic diseases – Bystander or pathogenic player?,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 785–800, 2011.
- Maciej Lech, Claudia Kantner, Onkar P. Kulkarni, Mi Ryu, Ekaterina Vlasova, Juergen Heesemann, David Anz, Stefan Endres, Koichi S. Kobayashi, Richard A. Flavell, Javier Martin, and Hans-Joachim Anders, “Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-M suppresses systemic lupus erythe matosus,” Annals of The Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 70, no. 12, pp. 2207–2217, 2011.
- S-Y Chen, A-L Shiau, Y-T Li, Y-S Lin, C-H Lee, C-L Wu, and C-R Wang, “Suppression of collagen-induced arthritis by intra-articular lentiviral vector-mediated delivery of Toll-like receptor 7 short hairpin RNA gene,” Gene Therapy, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 752–760, 2011.
- T. Layer, A. Steele, J. A. Goeken, S. Fleenor, and P. Lenert, “Engagement of the B cell receptor for antigen differentially affects B cell responses to Toll-like receptor-7 agonists and antagonists in BXSB mice,” Clinical & Experimental Immunology, vol. 163, no. 3, pp. 392–403, 2011.
- Yong-Sheng Zhang, Xiu-Li Wu, Ying Wang, Ran Sun, Yong-Li Yu, and Li-Ying Wang, “Structure–activity relationship of a guanine-free oligodeoxynucleotide as immunopotent inhibitor,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 446–453, 2012.
- Arun Shrivastava, and Dhanita Khanna, “Antimalarials: Reversing the autoimmune "mal-area"?,” Indian Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 97–101, 2012.
- Zheng Liu, and Anne Davidson, “Taming lupus—a new understanding of pathogenesis is leading to clinical advances,” Nature Medicine, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 871–882, 2012.
- Min Chen, Marcelo de Carvalho Bittencourt, Pierre Feugier, Gilbert C. Faure, and Marie C. Béné, “Active Toll-like receptor-7 triggering of chronic lymphocytic leukemia B-cells by imiquimod,” Leukemia & Lymphoma, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 739–742, 2012.
- Zhijun Wang, Xiuli Wu, Yongsheng Zhang, Lei Zhou, Lina Li, Yongli Yu, and Liying Wang, “Discrepant roles of CpG ODN on acute alcohol-induced liver injury in mice,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 526–533, 2012.
- Damir Matesic, Aleksander Lenert, and Petar Lenert, “Modulating Toll-like Receptor 7 and 9 Responses as Therapy for Allergy and Autoimmunity,” Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 8–17, 2012.
- John S.A. Mattick, Qian Yang, Mehmet A. Orman, Marianthi G. Ierapetritou, Francois Berthiaume, and Ioannis P. Androulakis, “Long-term gene expression profile dynamics following cecal ligation and puncture in the rat,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 178, no. 1, pp. 431–442, 2012.
- Fui G. Goh, and Kim S. Midwood, “Intrinsic danger: activation of Toll-like receptors in rheumatoid arthritis,” Rheumatology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 7–23, 2012.
- Vincenzo Ciriello, Suribabu Gudipati, Petros Z Stavrou, Nikolaos K. Kanakaris, Mark C. Bellamy, and Peter V. Giannoudis, “Biomarkers predicting sepsis in polytrauma patients: Current Evidence,” Injury, 2013.
- Fu-Gang Zhu, Weiwen Jiang, Lakshmi Bhagat, Daqing Wang, Dong Yu, Jimmy X. Tang, Ekambar R. Kandimalla, Nicola La Monica, and Sudhir Agrawal, “A novel antagonist of Toll-like receptors 7, 8 and 9 suppresses lupus disease-associated parameters in NZBW/F1 mice,” Autoimmunity, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Ekambar R. Kandimalla, Lakshmi Bhagat, Daqing Wang, Dong Yu, Tim Sullivan, Nicola La Monica, and Sudhir Agrawal, “Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel antagonist compounds o f Toll-like receptors 7, 8 and 9,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 3947–3961, 2013.
- V. Todorovic, and M. Cemazar, “Electrotransfer of single-stranded or double-stranded DNA induces complete regression of palpable B16.F10 mouse melanomas,” Cancer Gene Therapy, vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 695–700, 2013.
- O. Boehm, P. Markowski, M. van der Giet, V. Gielen, A. Kokalova, C. Brill, A. Hoeft, G. Baumgarten, R. Meyer, and P. Knuefermann, “In Vivo TLR9 Inhibition Attenuates CpG-Induced Myocardial Dysfunction,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Franziska Roemmler, Marion Jurk, Eugen Uhlmann, Joerg Vollmer, Monika Hammel, Anna Waldhuber, Lavinia Pfeiffer, and Hermann Wagner, “Guanine Modification of Inhibitory Oligonucleotides Potentiates Their Suppr essive Function,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 191, no. 6, pp. 3240–3253, 2013.
- Ulrich Jarry, Sabrina Donnou, Marie Vincent, Pascale Jeannin, Laurent Pineau, Isabelle Fremaux, Yves Delneste, and Dominique Couez, “Treg depletion followed by intracerebral CpG-ODN injection induce brain tumor rejection,” Journal of Neuroimmunology, vol. 267, no. 1-2, pp. 35–42, 2014.