- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mediators of Inflammation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 725102, 10 pages
Long Pentraxin 3: Experimental and Clinical Relevance in Cardiovascular Diseases
1Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences, Università Degli Studi di Milano, 20133 Milan, Italy
2Center for the Study of Atherosclerosis, Ospedale Bassini, 20092 Cinisello Balsamo, Italy
3IRCCS Multimedica, 20162 Milan, Italy
4The Blizard Institute, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University, London E1 2AT, UK
Received 21 December 2012; Accepted 27 February 2013
Academic Editor: Austin Meng Guo
Copyright © 2013 Fabrizia Bonacina et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- A. Baragetti, M. Knoflach, I. Cuccovillo, L. Grigore, M. Casula, K. Garlaschelli, A. Mantovani, G. Wick, S. Kiechl, J. Willeit, B. Bottazzi, A.L. Catapano, and G.D. Norata, “Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) plasma levels and carotid intima media thickness progression in the general population,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, 2013.
- M. Agilli, F.N. Aydin, T. Cayci, and Y.G. Kurt, “Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) plasma levels and carotid intima media thickness progression in the general population: A methodological approach,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, 2014.
- Enrico Ammirati, Francesco Moroni, Patrizia Pedrotti, Isabella Scotti, Marco Magnoni, Enrica P. Bozzolo, Ornella E. Rimoldi, and Paolo G. Camici, “Non-Invasive Imaging of Vascular Inflammation,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 5, 2014.
- S. Pucci, T. Fisco, M.J. Zonetti, E. Bonanno, P. Mazzarelli, and A. Mauriello, “PTX3: A modulator of human coronary plaque vulnerability acting by Macrophages type 2,” International Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Henning Jansen, Nilesh J. Samani, and Heribert Schunkert, “Mendelian randomization studies in coronary artery disease,” European Heart Journal, vol. 35, no. 29, pp. 1917–+, 2014.
- Akihiro Shindo, Hiroshi Tanemura, Kenichiro Yata, Kazuhide Hamada, Masunari Shibata, Yasuyuki Umeda, Fumio Asakura, Naoki Toma, Hiroshi Sakaida, Takao Fujisawa, Waro Taki, and Hidekazu Tomimoto, “Inflammatory Biomarkers in Atherosclerosis: Pentraxin 3 Can Become a Novel Marker of Plaque Vulnerability,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 6, 2014.
- Mehmet Agilli, and Fevzi Nuri Aydin, “Evaluation of pentraxin-3 in POEMS syndrome,” Journal of Neuroimmunology, 2014.
- Enrico Tombetti, Maria Chiara Di Chio, Silvia Sartorelli, Maurizio Papa, Annalaura Salerno, Barbara Bottazzi, Enrica Paola Bozzolo, Marta Greco, Patrizia Rovere-Querini, Elena Baldissera, Alessandro Del Maschio, Alberto Mantovani, Francesco De Cobelli, Maria Grazia Sabbadini, and Angelo A Manfredi, “Systemic pentraxin-3 levels reflect vascular enhancement and progression in Takayasu arteritis,” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 16, no. 6, 2014.
- Nobustune Ishikawa, Yoshiyuki Kobayashi, Yuji Fujii, and Masao Kobayashi, “Increased interleukin-6 and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein levels in pediatric epilepsy patients with frequent, refractory generalized motor seizures,” Seizure, 2014.
- Mehmet Agilli, Fevzi Nuri Aydin, Tuncer Cayci, and Yasemin Gulcan Kurt, “Value of Pentraxin3 (PTX3) in Patients with Neovascular Age-related Macular Degeneration,” Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, pp. 1–1, 2014.
- Mehmet Agilli, Fevzi Nuri Aydin, Yasemin Gulcan Kurt, and Tuncer Cayci, “Relationship between pentraxin 3 levels of the mothers with preterm premature rupture of membranes and their neonates,” Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, pp. 1–1, 2014.
- Juan Salazar, María Sofía Martínez, Mervin Chávez, Alexandra Toledo, Roberto Añez, Yaquelín Torres, Vanessa Apruzzese, Carlos Silva, Joselyn Rojas, and Valmore Bermúdez, “C-Reactive Protein: Clinical and Epidemiological Perspectives,” Cardiology Research and Practice, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Nihat Polat, Abdulkadir Yildiz, Sait Alan, and Nizamettin Toprak, “Association of pentraxin-3 with the severity of rheumatic mitral valve stenosis,” Acta Cardiologica, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 409–413, 2015.
- Mehmet Agilli, and Safak Ekinci, “Assessment of elevated pentraxin 3 levels in systemic sclerosis: comment on the article by Shirai et al,” Arthritis & Rheumatology, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 1408–1409, 2015.
- Mehmet Agilli, Fevzi Nuri Aydin, Tuncer Cayci, and Yasemin Gulcan Kurt, “Letter to the Editor: Re: Saliva and Serum Levels of Pentraxin-3 and Interleukin-1β in Generalized Aggressive or Chronic Periodontitis,” Journal of Periodontology, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 486–486, 2015.
- Roberta Baetta, Sabrina Lento, Stefania Ghilardi, Elisa Barbati, Alberto Corsini, Elena Tremoli, and Cristina Banfi, “Atorvastatin reduces long pentraxin 3 expression in vascular cells by inhibiting protein geranylgeranylation,” Vascular Pharmacology, 2015.
- Mehmet Agilli, and Fevzi Nuri Aydin, “Recurrent cellulitis and the role of pentraxin 3 and C-reactive protein,” Journal of Infection, 2015.
- Lampros Papadimitriou, and Andreas P. Kalogeropoulos, “Inflammatory Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets in Heart Failure,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 23, pp. 2716–2726, 2015.
- Angeliki Papapanagiotou, Gerasimos Siasos, Eva Kassi, Antonios N. Gargalionis, and Athanasios G. Papavassiliou, “Novel Inflammatory Markers in Hyperlipidemia: Clinical Implications,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 23, pp. 2727–2743, 2015.
- Enrico Ammirati, Francesco Moroni, Giuseppe Danilo Norata, Marco Magnoni, and Paolo G. Camici, “Markers of Inflammation Associated with Plaque Progression and Instability in Patients with Carotid Atherosclerosis,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2015, pp. 1–15, 2015.
- F. Bonacina, S.S. Barbieri, L. Cutuli, P. Amadio, A. Doni, M. Sironi, S. Tartari, A. Mantovani, B. Bottazzi, C. Garlanda, E. Tremoli, A.L. Catapano, and G.D. Norata, “Vascular pentraxin 3 controls arterial thrombosis by targeting collagen and fibrinogen induced platelets aggregation,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, vol. 1862, no. 6, pp. 1182–1190, 2016.
- Wen Zhou, and Wenchao Hu, “Serum and Vitreous Pentraxin 3 Concentrations in Patients with Diabetic Retinopathy,” Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers, 2016.
- Tove Lekva, Annika Elisabeth Michelsen, Jens Bollerslev, Errol R. Norwitz, Pål Aukrust, Tore Henriksen, and Thor Ueland, “Low circulating pentraxin 3 levels in pregnancy is associated with gestational diabetes and increased apoB/apoA ratio: a 5-year follow-up study,” Cardiovascular Diabetology, vol. 15, no. 1, 2016.
- Hwan Soo Kim, Sulmui Won, Eu Kyoung Lee, Yoon Hong Chun, Jong-Seo Yoon, Hyun Hee Kim, and Jin Tack Kim, “Pentraxin 3 as a clinical marker in children with lower respiratory tract infection,” Pediatric Pulmonology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 42–48, 2016.
- Aya Shiraki, Norihiko Kotooka, Hiroshi Komoda, Tetsuaki Hirase, Jun-ichi Oyama, and Koichi Node, “Pentraxin-3 regulates the inflammatory activity of macrophages,” Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports, 2016.
- Celal Salcini, Belkis Atasever-Arslan, Gulin Sunter, Hazal Gur, Fatma Busra Isik, Cemil Can Saylan, and Ayse Destina Yalcin, “High Plasma Pentraxin 3 Levels in Diabetic Polyneuropathy Patients with Nociceptive Pain,” The Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 239, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 2016.
- Francesca Santilli, Maria Teresa Guagnano, Paolo Innocenti, Liberato Aceto, Natale Vazzana, Stefano Lattanzio, Rossella Liani, Romina Tripaldi, Valeria Creato, Mario Romano, and Giovanni Davì, “Pentraxin 3 and Platelet Activation in Obese Patients After Gastric Banding,” Circulation Journal, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 502–511, 2016.