- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mediators of Inflammation
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 791231, 12 pages
Inflammatory Signalings Involved in Airway and Pulmonary Diseases
1Department of Anesthetics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Linkuo and Chang Gung University, Kwei-San, Tao-Yuan 33302, Taiwan
2Department of Physiology and Pharmacology and Health Aging Research Center, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University Kwei-San, Tao-Yuan 33302, Taiwan
Received 20 November 2012; Accepted 31 January 2013
Academic Editor: Fábio Santos Lira
Copyright © 2013 I-Ta Lee and Chuen-Mao Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [39 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Li Lin, Shun-hang Wen, Shu-zhen Guo, Xiao-yan Su, Hu-jun Wu, Lei Chong, Hai-lin Zhang, Wei-xi Zhang, and Chang-chong Li, “Role of SIRT1 in Streptococcus pneumoniae-induced human beta-defensin-2 and interleukin-8 expression in A549 cell,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 394, no. 1-2, pp. 199–208, 2014.
- Ming-Horng Tsai, Zih-Chan Lin, Chan-Jung Liang, Feng-Lin Yen, Yao-Chang Chiang, and Chiang-Wen Lee, “Eupafolin inhibits PGE2 production and COX2 expression in LPS-stimulated human dermal fibroblasts by blocking JNK/AP-1 and Nox2/p47 phox pathway,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2014.
- Y Liu Ye, Ll Shao Ling-li, W Pang Wei, Xm Lan Xiao-mei, Jx Lu Jian-xin, Yl Cong Yu-long, and Cb Wang Cheng-bin, “Induction of adhesion molecule expression in co-culture of human bronchial epithelial cells and neutrophils suppressed by puerarin via down-regulating p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and nuclear factor kappa B pathways,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 360–368, 2014.
- Belgin Alasehirli, Ebru Oksuzler, Irfan Koruk, Serdar Oztuzcu, Esma Ozkara, Metin Karakok, Ayse Binnur Erbagci, and Abdullah Tuncay Demiryurek, “Investigation of intercellular adhesion molecules (ICAMs) gene expressions in patients with Barrett's esophagus,” Tumor Biology, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 4907–4912, 2014.
- I‑Ta Lee, Chih‑Chung Lin, Chih‑Kai Hsu, Ming‑Yen Wu, Rou‑Ling Cho, and Chuen‑Mao Yang, “ Resveratrol inhibits Staphylococcus aureus -induced TLR2/MyD88/NF-κB-dependent VCAM-1 expression in human lung epithelial cells ,” Clinical Science, vol. 127, no. 6, pp. 375–390, 2014.
- Claudia Landi, Elena Bargagli, Alfonso Carleo, Laura Bianchi, Assunta Gagliardi, Antje Prasse, Maria G. Perari, Rosa M. Refini, Luca Bini, and Paola Rottoli, “A system biology study of BALF from patients affected by idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and healthy controls,” PROTEOMICS - Clinical Applications, 2014.
- Su Jung Hwang, Yong-Wan Kim, Yohan Park, Hyo-Jong Lee, and Kyu-Won Kim, “Anti-inflammatory effects of chlorogenic acid in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells,” Inflammation Research, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 81–90, 2014.
- Hsiu-Lin Chen, Inn-Wen Chong, Yi-Chen Lee, Jong-Rung Tsai, Shyng-Shiou F. Yuan, Hui-Min Wang, Wei-Lun Liu, and Po-Len Liu, “ Krüppel-Like Factor 5 Mediates Proinflammatory Cytokine Expression in Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury through Upregulation of Nuclear Factor- κ B Phosphorylation In Vitro and In Vivo ,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2014, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Meng-Han Liu, An-Hsuan Lin, Hung-Fu Lee, Hsin-Kuo Ko, Tzong-Shyuan Lee, and Yu Ru Kou, “Paeonol Attenuates Cigarette Smoke-Induced Lung Inflammation by Inhibiting ROS-Sensitive Inflammatory Signaling,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2014, pp. 1–13, 2014.
- Junying Ding, and Qingquan Liu, “Research Advance in the Efficacy and Mechanism of Qing Fei Xiao Yan Wan for the Treatment of Respiratory Diseases,” Modern Research in Inflammation, vol. 03, no. 03, pp. 113–121, 2014.
- Christoph Kruse, Angela R. M. Kurz, Katalin Palfi, Patrick O. Humbert, Markus Sperandio, Ralf P. Brandes, Christian Fork, and U. Ruth Michaelis, “Polarity Protein Scrib Facilitates Endothelial Inflammatory Signaling,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis And Vascular Biology, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1954–1962, 2015.
- Anna Gorąca, Paulina Kleniewska, and Beata Skibska, “ET-1 mediates the release of reactive oxygen species and TNF-α in lung tissue by protein kinase C α and β1,” Pharmacological Reports, 2015.
- Ling-Zhi Liu, Min Ding, Jenny Z. Zheng, Yingxue Zhu, Bruce A. Fenderson, Bingyun Li, Jing J. Yu, and Bing-Hua Jiang, “Tungsten Carbide-Cobalt Nanoparticles Induce Reactive Oxygen Species, AKT, ERK, AP-1, NF-kappa B, VEGF, and Angiogenesis,” Biological Trace Element Research, vol. 166, no. 1, pp. 57–65, 2015.
- Chih-Chung Lin, Chih-Shuo Pan, Chen-Yu Wang, Shiau-Wen Liu, Li-Der Hsiao, and Chuen-Mao Yang, “Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces VCAM-1-mediated inflammation via c-Src-dependent transactivation of EGF receptors in human cardiac fibroblasts,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 22, no. 1, 2015.
- O. G. Luneva, S. V. Sidorenko, G. V. Maksimov, R. Grygorczyk, and S. N. Orlov, “Erythrocytes as Regulators of Blood Vessel Tone,” Biologicheskie Membrany, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 223–234, 2015.
- Seung Jun Lee, Chin-ok Yi, Rok Won Heo, Dae Hyun Song, Yu Ji Cho, Yi Yeong Jeong, Ki Mun Kang, Gu Seob Roh, and Jong Deog Lee, “Clarithromycin Attenuates Radiation-Induced Lung Injury in Mice,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Kaustav Dutta, Priyanka Prasad, and Dona Sinha, “Chronic low level arsenic exposure evokes inflammatory responses and DNA damage,” International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health, 2015.
- Hsin-Ching Sung, Chan-Jung Liang, Chiang-Wen Lee, Feng-Lin Yen, Chien-Yu Hsiao, Shu-Huei Wang, Ya-Fen Jiang-Shieh, Jaw-Shiun Tsai, and Yuh-Lien Chen, “The protective effect of eupafolin against TNF-α-induced lung inflammation via the reduction of intercellular cell adhesion molecule-1expression,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2015.
- Daniele Santi, Elisa Giannetta, Andrea M. Isidori, Cristiana Vitale, Antonio Aversa, and Manuela Simoni, “THERAPY OF ENDOCRINE DISEASE Effects of chronic use of phosphodiesterase inhibitors on endothelial markers in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a meta-analysi,” European Journal Of Endocrinology, vol. 172, no. 3, pp. R103–R114, 2015.
- Lauren A. Lawrence, Jennifer K. Mulligan, Catherine Roach, Whitney N. Pasquini, Zachary M. Soler, Sarfaraz M. Banglawala, Tom T. Karnezis, David A. Gudis, and Rodney J. Schlosser, “Superoxide dismutase reduces the inflammatory response to Aspergillus and Alternaria in human sinonasal epithelial cells derived from patients with ch,” American Journal Of Rhinology & Allergy, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 89–93, 2015.
- Chih-Chung Lin, I-Ta Lee, Chun-Hao Hsu, Chih-Kai Hsu, Pei-Ling Chi, Li-Der Hsiao, and Chuen-Mao Yang, “Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Mediates ICAM-1-Dependent Monocyte Adhesion through p38 MAPK and p42/p44 MAPK-Dependent Akt Activation,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 3, 2015.
- Changming Yang, Xianqiong Gong, Qing Ai, Pu Ge, Ling Lin, and Li Zhang, “5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide-1-β-d-ribofuranoside alleviated carbon tetrachloride-induced acute hepatitis in mice,” International Immunopharmacology, 2015.
- Hongmei Yu, Juan Yang, Qian Xiao, Yang Lü, Xiangdong Zhou, Li Xia, and Daijing Nie, “Regulation of High glucose-mediated mucin expression by matrix metalloproteinase-9 in Human airway epithelial cells,” Experimental Cell Research, 2015.
- Silvio De Flora, Gancho Ganchev, Marietta Iltcheva, Sebastiano La Maestra, Rosanna T. Micale, Vernon E. Steele, and Roumen Balansky, “Pharmacological Modulation of Lung Carcinogenesis in Smokers: Preclinical and Clinical Evidence,” Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, 2015.
- Daekeun Shin, Sin-Hye Park, Yean-Jung Choi, Yun-Ho Kim, Lucia Antika, Nurina Habibah, Min-Kyung Kang, and Young-Hee Kang, “Dietary Compound Kaempferol Inhibits Airway Thickening Induced by Allergic Reaction in a Bovine Serum Albumin-Induced Model of Asthma,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 29980–29995, 2015.
- Min Pang, Hailong Wang, Ji-Zhong Bai, Dawei Cao, Yi Jiang, Caiping Zhang, Zhihong Liu, Xinri Zhang, Xiaoyun Hu, Jianying Xu, and Yongcheng Du, “Recombinant rat CC16 protein inhibits LPS-induced MMP-9 expression via NF-kappa B pathway in rat tracheal epithelial cells,” Experimental Biology And Medicine, vol. 240, no. 10, pp. 1266–1278, 2015.
- Hussein Traboulsi, Alexandre Cloutier, Kumaraswamy Boyapelly, Marc-Andre Bonin, Eric Marsault, Andre M. Cantin, and Martin V. Richter, “The Flavonoid Isoliquiritigenin Reduces Lung Inflammation and Mouse Morbidity during Influenza Virus Infection,” Antimicrobial Agents And Chemotherapy, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 6317–6327, 2015.
- An-Hsuan Lin, Meng-Han Liu, Hsin-Kuo Ko, Diahn-Warng Perng, Tzong-Shyuan Lee, and Yu Ru Kou, “ Lung Epithelial TRPA1 Transduces the Extracellular ROS into Transcriptional Regulation of Lung Inflammation Induced by Cigarette Smoke: The Role of Influxed Ca 2+ ,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2015, pp. 1–16, 2015.
- Muhammad Jahangir Hossen, Seung Cheol Kim, Young-Jin Son, Kwang-Soo Baek, Eunji Kim, Woo Seok Yang, Deok Jeong, Jae Gwang Park, Han Gyung Kim, Woo-Jae Chung, Keejung Yoon, Chongsuk Ryou, Sang Yeol Lee, Jong-Hoon Kim, and Jae Youl Cho, “ AP-1-Targeting Anti-Inflammatory Activity of the Methanolic Extract of Persicaria chinensis ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Young-Su Yi, Kwang-Soo Baek, Nak Yoon Sung, Muhammad Jahangir Hossen, Mi-nam Lee, Jong-Hoon Kim, Jae Youl Cho, Shi Hyoung Kim, Jae Gwang Park, Jongsung Lee, Woo Seok Yang, Gye Won Park, and Han Gyung Kim, “The Dietary Flavonoid Kaempferol Mediates Anti-Inflammatory Responses via the Src, Syk, IRAK1, and IRAK4 Molecular Targets,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2015, pp. 1–15, 2015.
- Ruyin Liu, Zongjin Yue, Xiaoyan Peng, Xinli Wang, Zhongkai Feng, and Long Wan, “Association Between Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1,-2,-3 Plasma Levels and Disease Activity of Ankylosing Spondylitis in the Chinese Han Population,” Spine, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. E618–E624, 2016.
- Arsen Arakelyan, Lilit Nersisyan, Martin Petrek, Henry Löffler-Wirth, and Hans Binder, “Cartography of Pathway Signal Perturbations Identifies Distinct Molecular Pathomechanisms in Malignant and Chronic Lung Diseases,” Frontiers in Genetics, vol. 7, 2016.
- Shuang Peng, Nan Hang, Wen Liu, Wenjie Guo, Chunhong Jiang, Xiaoling Yang, Qiang Xu, and Yang Sun, “Andrographolide sulfonate ameliorates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in mice by down-regulating MAPK and NF-κB pathways,” Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 205–211, 2016.
- Rou-Ling Cho, Chien-Chung Yang, I-Ta Lee, Chih-Chung Lin, Pei-Ling Chi, Li-Der Hsiao, and Chuen-Mao Yang, “Lipopolysaccharide induces ICAM-1 expression via a c-Src/NADPH oxidase/ROS-dependent NF-kappa B pathway in human pulmonary alveolar epithelial cells,” American Journal Of Physiology-Lung Cellular And Molecular Physiology, vol. 310, no. 7, pp. L639–L657, 2016.
- Wenwu Sun, Zhonghua Wang, Jianping Cao, Haiyang Cui, and Zhuang Ma, “Cold stress increases reactive oxygen species formation via TRPA1 activation in A549 cells,” Cell Stress & Chaperones, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 367–372, 2016.
- Tian-He Song, Xiao-Xin Chen, Sydney Chi Wai Tang, James Chung Man Ho, Li-Xing Lao, Tzi Bun Ng, Kai-Fai Lee, Stephen Cho Wing Sze, and Kalin Yanbo Zhang, “Dendrobium officinale polysaccharides ameliorated pulmonary function while inhibiting mucin-5AC and stimulating aquaporin-5 expression,” Journal of Functional Foods, vol. 21, pp. 359–371, 2016.
- Chih-Chung Lin, Chien-Chung Yang, Rou-Ling Cho, Chen-Yu Wang, Li-Der Hsiao, and Chuen-Mao Yang, “Sphingosine 1-Phosphate-Induced ICAM-1 Expression via NADPH Oxidase/ROS-Dependent NF-κB Cascade on Human Pulmonary Alveolar Epithelial Cells,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 7, 2016.
- Chih-Chung Lin, Chien-Chung Yang, Chen-Yu Wang, Hui-Ching Tseng, Chih-Shuo Pan, Li-Der Hsiao, and Chuen-Mao Yang, “NADPH Oxidase/ROS-Dependent VCAM-1 Induction on TNF-α-Challenged Human Cardiac Fibroblasts Enhances Monocyte Adhesion,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 6, 2016.
- Jixiang Zhang, Xiaoli Wang, Vikash Vikash, Qing Ye, Dandan Wu, Yulan Liu, and Weiguo Dong, “ROS and ROS-Mediated Cellular Signaling,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2016, pp. 1–18, 2016.