- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 798084, 5 pages
The Arthroscopic Ulnohumeral Arthroplasty: From Mini-Open to Arthroscopic Surgery
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospitals Leuven, Pellenberg Campus, Weligerveld 1, 3212 Pellenberg, Belgium
Received 7 September 2010; Accepted 2 May 2011
Academic Editor: Federico P. Girardi
Copyright © 2011 Ilse Degreef and Luc De Smet. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Ito, “Arthroscopy of the elbow joint. Cadaverstudy,” Arthroscopy, vol. 5, pp. 9–22, 1980.
- J. F. Redden and D. Stanley, “Arthroscopic fenestration for osteoarthritis,” Arthroscopy, vol. 9, pp. 12–19, 1993.
- D. Kashiwagi, “Osteoarthritis of the elbow joint. Intra-articular changes and the special operative procedure, Outerbridge-Kashiwagi method,” in Elbow Joint, D. Kashiwagi, Ed., pp. 177–178, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1985.
- M. Minami, S. Kato, and D. Kashiwagi, “Outerbridge-Kashiwagi's method for arthroplasty of osteoarthritis of the elbow: 44 elbows followed for 8-16 years,” Journal of Orthopaedic Science, vol. 1, pp. 11–16, 1996.
- B. F. Morrey, “Primary degenerative arthritis of the elbow. Treatment by ulnohumeral arthroplasty,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series B, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 409–413, 1992.
- M. S. Burman, “Arthroscopy of the direct visualization of joints. An experimental cadaver study,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series A, vol. 13, pp. 669–695, 1931.
- S. W. O'Driscoll, “Arthroscopic treatment for osteoarthritis of the elbow,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 26, pp. 679–689, 1995.
- F. H. Savoie III, P. D. Nunley, and L. D. Field, “Arthroscopic management of the arthritic elbow: indications, technique, and results,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 214–219, 1999.
- I. Degreef, “Arthroscopic fenestration of the distal humerus: a viable option for painful elbow impingement in sportsmen,” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 678–680, 2009.
- I. Degreef, R. Van Audekercke, T. Boogmans, and L. De Smet, “A biomechanical study on fracture risks in ulnohumeral arthroplasty,” Chirurgie de la Main, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 183–187, 2011.
- I. Degreef, “The arthroscopic outerbridge procedure in elbow surgery: technique, new indications and safety of the procedure,” in Proceedings of the 18th Brussels Hand/Upper Limb International Symposium, Innovations in Hand Surgery, Genval, Belgium, Jan 2010.
- A. A. Amis, D. Dowson, and V. Wright, “Analysis of elbow forces due to high-speed forearm movements,” Journal of Biomechanics, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 825–831, 1980.
- S. A. Antuña, B. F. Morrey, R. A. Adams, and S. W. O'Driscoll, “Ulnohumeral arthroplasty for primary degenerative arthritis of the elbow: long-term outcome and complications,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series A, vol. 84, no. 12, pp. 2168–2173, 2002.
- M. C. Forster, D. I. Clark, and P. G. Lunn, “Elbow osteoarthritis: prognostic indicators in ulnohumeral debridement—The Outerbridge-Kashiwagi procedure,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 557–560, 2001.
- I. Sarris, F. A. Riano, F. Goebel, R. J. Goitz, and D. G. Sotereanos, “Ulnohumeral arthroplasty: results in primary degenerative arthritis of the elbow,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 420, pp. 190–193, 2004.
- B. Vingerhoeds, I. Degreef, and L. De Smet, “Debridement arthroplasty for osteoarthritis of the elbow (Outerbridge-Kashiwagi procedure),” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 306–310, 2004.
- N. J. Phillips, A. Ali, and D. Stanley, “Treatment of primary degenerative arthritis of the elbow by ulnohumeral arthroplasty. A long-term follow-up,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series B, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 347–350, 2003.
- F. H. Savoie III, “Guidelines to becoming an expert elbow arthroscopist,” Arthroscopy, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 1237–1240, 2007.
- D. M. Allen, J. P. Devries, and J. A. Nunley, “Ulnohumeral arthroplasty,” Iowa Orthopaedic Journal, vol. 24, pp. 49–52, 2004.
- J. Chandrasenan, R. Dias, and P. G. Lunn, “Heterotopic ossification after the Outerbridge-Kashiwagi procedure in the elbow,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. e15–e17, 2008.
- S. G. Krishnan, D. C. Harkins, S. D. Pennington, D. K. Harrison, and W. Z. Burkhead, “Arthroscopic ulnohumeral arthroplasty for degenerative arthritis of the elbow in patients under fifty years of age,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 443–448, 2007.
- I. Degreef, N. Samorjai, and L. De Smet, “The Outerbridge-Kashiwaghi procedure in elbow arthroscopy,” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 468–471, 2010.
- A. P. Cohen, J. F. Redden, and D. Stanley, “Treatment of osteoarthritis of the elbow: a comparison of open and arthroscopic debridement,” Arthroscopy, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 701–706, 2000.