- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 204380, 5 pages
Single-Port Laparascopic Cholecystectomy: Scarless Cholecystectomy
General Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, King Khalid University Hospital and College of Medicine, King Saud University, P.O. Box 7805 (37), Riyadh 11472, Saudi Arabia
Received 5 January 2012; Accepted 16 February 2012
Academic Editor: Casey M. Calkins
Copyright © 2012 Ahmad Mohmmad Zubaidi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Dutta, “Early experience with single incision laparoscopic surgery: eliminating the scar from abdominal operations,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 1741–1745, 2009.
- E. R. Podolsky and P. G. Curcillo, “Reduced-port surgery: preservation of the critical view in single-port-access cholecystectomy,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 3038–3043, 2010.
- J. L. Cameron and T. R. Gadacz, “Laparoscopic cholecystectomy,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 1–2, 1991.
- G. Navarra, E. Pozza, S. Occhionorelli, P. Carcoforo, and I. Donini, “One-wound laparoscopic cholecystectomy,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 84, no. 5, p. 695, 1997.
- T. Mori, Y. Ikeda, K. Okamoto et al., “A new technique for two-trocar laparoscopic cholecystectomy,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 589–591, 2002.
- S. A. Castellucci, P. G. Curcillo, P. C. Ginsberg, S. C. Saba, J. S. Jaffe, and J. D. Harmon, “Single port access adrenalectomy,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1573–1576, 2008.
- C. Esposito, “One-trocar appendectomy in pediatric surgery,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 177–178, 1998.
- J. H. Kaouk and J. S. Palmer, “Single-port laparoscopic surgery: initial experience in children for varicocelectomy,” BJU International, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 97–99, 2008.
- G. Piskun and S. Rajpal, “Transumbilical laparoscopic cholecystectomy utilizes no incisions outside the umbilicus,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques A, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 361–364, 1999.
- T. A. Ponsky, “Single port laparoscopic cholecystectomy in adults and children: tools and techniques,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 209, no. 5, pp. e1–e6, 2009.
- F. H. Remzi, H. T. Kirat, J. H. Kaouk, and D. P. Geisler, “Single-port laparoscopy in colorectal surgery,” Colorectal Disease, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 823–826, 2008.
- D. Solomon, R. L. Bell, A. J. Duffy, and K. E. Roberts, “Single-port cholecystectomy: small scar, short learning curve,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 2954–2957, 2010.
- J. R. Romanelli, T. B. Roshek, D. C. Lynn, and D. B. Earle, “Single-port laparoscopic cholecystectomy: initial experience,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1374–1379, 2010.
- R. J. Romanelli, L. Mark, and P. A. Omotosho, “Single port laparoscopic cholecystectomy with the triport system: a case report,” Surgical Innovation, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 223–228, 2008.
- Ó. Vidal, M. Valentini, C. Ginestà et al., “Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery appendectomy,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 686–691, 2010.
- B. C. Jeong, Y. H. Park, D. H. Han, and H. H. Kim, “Laparoendoscopic single-site and conventional laparoscopic adrenalectomy: a matched case-control study,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1957–1960, 2009.
- N. T. Nguyen, J. Slone, and K. Reavis, “Comparison study of conventional laparoscopic gastric banding versus laparoendoscopic single site gastric banding,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 503–507, 2010.
- D. Canes, A. Berger, M. Aron et al., “Laparo-endoscopic single site (LESS) versus standard laparoscopic left donor nephrectomy: matched-pair comparison,” European Urology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 95–101, 2010.
- A. Rawlings, S. E. Hodgett, B. D. Matthews, S. M. Strasberg, M. Quasebarth, and L. M. Brunt, “Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy: initial experience with critical view of safety dissection and routine intraoperative cholangiography,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2010.
- L. S. Kuon, Y. K. You, J. H. Park, H. J. Kim, K. K. Lee, and D. G. Kim, “Single-port transumbilical laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a preliminary study in 37 patients with gallbladder disease,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 495–499, 2009.
- P. Bucher, F. Pugin, N. Buchs, S. Ostermann, F. Charara, and P. Morel, “Single port access laparoscopic cholecystectomy (with video),” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1015–1019, 2009.
- E. C. Tsimoyiannis, K. E. Tsimogiannis, G. Pappas-Gogos et al., “Different pain scores in single transumbilical incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy versus classic laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a randomized controlled trial,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1842–1848, 2010.
- G. Pappas-Gogos, K. E. Tsimogiannis, N. Zikos, K. Nikas, A. Manataki, and E. C. Tsimoyiannis, “Preincisional and intraperitoneal ropivacaine plus normal saline infusion for postoperative pain relief after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a randomized double-blind controlled trial,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 2036–2045, 2008.
- P. Papagiannopoulou, H. Argiriadou, M. Georgiou, B. Papaziogas, E. Sfyra, and F. Kanakoudis, “Preincisional local infiltration of levobupivacaine vs ropivacaine for pain control after laparoscopic cholecystectomy,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1961–1964, 2003.