- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 696348, 7 pages
Laparoscopic Gastric Plication for the Treatment of Morbid Obesity: A Review
1Department of Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9LL, UK
2Department of Transplantation, Royal London Hospital, London E1 1BB, UK
3Department of Surgery, Veroia General Hospital, Veroia 591 00, Greece
4Department of Surgery, Evangelismos General Hospital, Athens 10675, Greece
5Department of Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, Athens University Medical School, Athens 11527, Greece
Received 13 December 2011; Revised 27 April 2012; Accepted 31 May 2012
Academic Editor: Casey M. Calkins
Copyright © 2012 Michael Kourkoulos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Rucker, R. Padwal, S. K. Li, C. Curioni, and D. C. W. Lau, “Long term pharmacotherapy for obesity and overweight: updated meta-analysis,” BMJ, vol. 335, no. 7631, pp. 1194–1199, 2007.
- C. Tsigos, V. Hainer, A. Basdevant et al., “Management of obesity in adults: European clinical practice guidelines,” Obesity Facts, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 106–116, 2008.
- F. Brody, “Minimally invasive surgery for morbid obesity,” Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 289–298, 2004.
- M. Talebpour and B. S. Amoli, “Laparoscopic total gastric vertical plication in morbid obesity,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 793–798, 2007.
- L. H. Wilkinson and O. A. Peloso, “Gastric (reservoir) reduction for morbid obesity,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 116, no. 5, pp. 602–605, 1981.
- Clinical Issues Committee, “ASMBS policy statement on gastric plication,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 7, article 262, 2011.
- H. J. Menchaca, J. L. Harris, S. E. Thompson, M. Mootoo, V. N. Michalek, and H. Buchwald, “Gastric plication: preclinical study of durability of serosa-to-serosa apposition,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 8–14, 2011.
- G. Skrekas, K. Antiochos, and V. K. Stafyla, “Laparoscopic gastric greater curvature plication: results and complications in a series of 135 patients,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1657–1663, 2011.
- Y. Andraos, D. Ziade, D. Achcouty, and M. Awad, “Early complications of 120 laparoscopic greater curvature plication procedures,” Bariatric Times, vol. 8, pp. 10–15, 2011.
- A. Ramos, M. G. Neto, M. Galvao, L. F. Evangelista, J. M. Campos, and Á. Ferraz, “Laparoscopic greater curvature plication: initial results of an alternative restrictive bariatric procedure,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 913–918, 2010.
- S. A. Brethauer, J. L. Harris, M. Kroh, and P. R. Schauer, “Laparoscopic gastric plication for treatment of severe obesity,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 15–22, 2011.
- J. Pujol Gebelli, A. García Ruiz de Gordejuela, A. Casajoana Badía, L. Secanella Medayo, A. Vicens Morton, and C. Masdevall Noguera, “Laparoscopic Gastric Plication: a new surgery for the treatment of morbid obesity,” Cirugia Espanola, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 356–361, 2011.
- J. A. Lopez-Corvala, F. Guzman, C. Calleja, and C. Hermosillo, “Gastric plication: our experience in 100 patients,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases Plenary Session, pp. 339–354, 2011.
- A. Khazzaka and R. Sarkis, “Fundoplication combined with mediogastric plication,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. In press.
- M. Deitel, M. Gagner, A. L. Erickson, and R. D. Crosby, “Third International Summit: current status of sleeve gastrectomy,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 749–759, 2011.
- A. W. James, C. Rabl, A. C. Westphalen, P. F. Fogarty, A. M. Posselt, and G. M. Campos, “Portomesenteric venous thrombosis after laparoscopic surgery: a systematic literature review,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 144, no. 6, pp. 520–526, 2009.
- B. M. Watkins, “Gastric compartment syndrome: an unusual complication of gastric plication surgery,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. In press.