- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2006 (2006), Article ID 53570, 15 pages
Algorithmic analysis of the maximum level length in general-block two-dimensional Markov processes
1Department of Statistics and Operations Research, Faculty of Mathematics, Complutense University of Madrid, Madrid 28040, Spain
2Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering and Business, Kettering University, Flint 48439, MI, USA
Received 28 February 2005; Revised 11 May 2005; Accepted 20 June 2005
Copyright © 2006 Jesus R. Artalejo and Srinivas R. Chakravarthy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. V. Anisimov and J. R. Artalejo, “Analysis of Markov multiserver retrial queues with negative arrivals,” Queueing Systems. Theory and Applications, vol. 39, no. 2-3, pp. 157–182, 2001.
- J. R. Artalejo and S. R. Chakravarthy, “Algorithmic analysis of the retrial queue,” submitted.
- J. R. Artalejo and S. R. Chakravarthy, “Computational analysis of the maximal queue length in the retrial queue,” submitted.
- J. R. Artalejo, A. Economou, and A. Gomez-Corral, “Applications of maximum queue length to call centers management,” to appear in Computers & Operations Research.
- S. R. Chakravarthy, “The batch Markovian arrival process: A review and future work,” in Advances in Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes, A. Krishnamoorthy, N. Raju, and V. Ramaswami, Eds., pp. 21–39, Notable Publications, New Jersey, 2000.
- D. J. Houck and W. S. Lai, “Traffic modeling and analysis of hybrid fiber-coax systems,” Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 821–834, 1998.
- G. K. Janssens, “The quasi-random input queueing system with repeated attempts as a model for a collision-avoidance star local area network,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 360–364, 1997.
- G. Latouche and V. Ramaswami, Introduction to Matrix Analytic Methods in Stochastic Modeling, ASA-SIAM Series on Statistics and Applied Probability, SIAM, Pennsylvania; American Statistical Association, Virginia, 1999.
- D. M. Lucantoni, “New results on the single server queue with a batch Markovian arrival process,” Communications in Statistics. Stochastic Models, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–46, 1991.
- M. A. Marsan, G. de Carolis, E. Leonardi, R. Lo Cigno, and M. Meo, “Efficient estimation of call blocking probabilities in cellular mobile telephony networks with customer retrials,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 332–346, 2001.
- M. F. Neuts, “The distribution of the maximum length of a Poisson queue during a busy period,” Operations Research, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 281–285, 1964.
- M. F. Neuts, Matrix-Geometric Solutions in Stochastic Models: An Algorithmic Approach, vol. 2 of Johns Hopkins Series in the Mathematical Sciences, Johns Hopkins University Press, Maryland, 1981.
- M. F. Neuts, Structured Stochastic Matrices of Type and Their Applications, vol. 5 of Probability: Pure and Applied, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1989.
- R. F. Serfozo, “Extreme values of birth and death processes and queues,” Stochastic Processes and their Applications, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 291–306, 1988.
- H. Shimonishi, T. Takine, M. Murata, and H. Miyahara, “Performance analysis of fast reservation protocol in ATM networks with arbitrary topologies,” Performance Evaluation, vol. 27-28, pp. 41–69, 1996.
- P. Tran-Gia and M. Mandjes, “Modeling of customer retrial phenomenon in cellular mobile networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1406–1414, 1997.