- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 290631, 10 pages
An Approximation to Solution of Space and Time Fractional Telegraph Equations by He's Variational Iteration Method
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Dokuz Eylül University, Tınaztepe, Buca 35160, Izmir, Turkey
Received 10 November 2009; Accepted 27 January 2010
Academic Editor: Massimo Scalia
Copyright © 2010 Ali Sevimlican. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Orsingher and X. Zhao, “The space-fractional telegraph equation and the related fractional telegraph process,” Chinese Annals of Mathematics B, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 45–56, 2003.
- E. Orsingher and L. Beghin, “Time-fractional telegraph equations and telegraph processes with Brownian time,” Probability Theory and Related Fields, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 141–160, 2004.
- L. Debnath, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- A. C. Metaxas and R. J. Meredith, Industrial Microwave Heating, Peter Peregrinus, London, UK, 1993.
- S. Momani, “Analytic and approximate solutions of the space- and time-fractional telegraph equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 1126–1134, 2005.
- A. Yıldırım, “He's homtopy perturbation method for solving the space and time fractional telegraph equations,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics. In press.
- J. Biazar, H. Ebrahimi, and Z. Ayati, “An approximation to the solution of telegraph equation by variational iteration method,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 797–801, 2009.
- J.-H. He, “Variational iteration method—a kind of non-linear analytical technique: some examples,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 699–708, 1999.
- J.-H. He, “Approximate analytical solution for seepage flow with fractional derivatives in porous media,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 167, no. 1-2, pp. 57–68, 1998.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Numerical solutions of the space-time fractional advection-dispersion equation,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1416–1429, 2008.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Comparison between the homotopy perturbation method and the variational iteration method for linear fractional partial differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 910–919, 2007.
- G. E. Drăgănescu, “Application of a variational iteration method to linear and nonlinear viscoelastic models with fractional derivatives,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 47, no. 8, 2006.
- R. Yulita Molliq, M. S. M. Noorani, and I. Hashim, “Variational iteration method for fractional heat- and wave-like equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1854–1869, 2009.
- M. Dehghan, S. A. Yousefi, and A. Lotfi, “The use of He's variational iteration method for solving the telegraph and fractional telegraph equations,” Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering. In press.
- J.-H. He, “Variational iteration method—some recent results and new interpretations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 3–17, 2007.
- M. Inokuti, H. Sekine, and T. Mura, “General use of the Lagrange multiplier in nonlinear mathematical physics,” in Variational Method in the Mechanics of Solids, S. Nemat-Nasser, Ed., pp. 159–162, Pergamon Press, New York, NY, USA, 1978.
- J.-H. He, “A new approach to nonlinear partial differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 115–123, 2000.
- J.-H. He and X.-H. Wu, “Variational iteration method: new development and applications,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 881–894, 2007.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- A. Yıldırım and H. Koçak, “Homotopy perturbation method for solving the space-time fractional advection-dispersion equation,” Advances in Water Resources, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1711–1716, 2009.