- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 329035, 14 pages
An Improved ARED Algorithm for Congestion Control of Network Transmission
Shenzhen City Key Laboratory of Embedded System Design, College of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060, China
Received 19 December 2009; Accepted 8 February 2010
Academic Editor: Massimo Scalia
Copyright © 2010 Jianyong Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. S. Brakmo and L. L. Peterson, “TCP Vegas: end to end congestion avoidance on a global internet,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1465–1480, 1995.
- R. J. La and V. Anantharam, “Utility-based rate control in the Internet for elastic traffic,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 272–286, 2002.
- S. Floyd and V. Jacobson, “Random early detection gateways for congestion avoidance,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 397–413, 1993.
- S. Athuraliya, S. H. Low, V. H. Li, and Q. Yin, “REM: active queue management,” IEEE Network, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 48–53, 2001.
- R. J. Gibbens and F. Kelly, “Resource Pricing and the Evolution of Congestion Control,” http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~frank/evol.html, 1998.
- S. Kunniyur and R. Srikant, “Analysis and design of an adaptive virtual queue (AVQ) algorithm for active queue management,” in Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communication (SIGCOMM '01), San Diego, Calif, USA, August 2001.
- M. May, J. Bolot, C. Diot, and B. Lyles, “Reasons not to deploy RED,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS '99), pp. 260–262, 1999.
- W. Feng, D. Kandlur, D. Saha, and K. G. Shin, “A self-configuring RED gateway,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '99), vol. 3, pp. 1320–1328, 1999.
- S. Floyd, R. Gummadi, and S. Schenker, “Adaptive RED: an algorithm for increasing the robustness of RED's active queue management,” Technical Report, 2001, http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/adaptiveRed.pdf.
- R. J. La, P. Ranjan, and E. H. Abed, “Analysis of adaptive random early dection (Adaptive RED),” in Proceedings of the 18th International Teletraffic Congress (ITC '03), Berlin, Germany, 2003.
- P. Ranjan, E. H. Abed, and R. J. La, “Nonlinear instabilities in TCP-RED,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1079–1092, 2004.
- L. Chen, X. F. Wang, and Z. Z. Han, “Controlling bifurcation and chaos in Internet congestion control model,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1863–1876, 2004.
- J. H. C. Nga, H. H. C. Iu, S. H. Ling, and H. K. Lam, “Comparative study of stability in different TCP/RED models,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 977–987, 2008.
- S. Flyod, “Recommendation on using the “gentle” variant of RED,” http://www.icir.org/floyd/red/gentle.html, 2000.
- C. V. Hollot, V. Misra, D. Towsley, and W. Gong, “Analysis and design of controllers for AQM routers supporting TCP flows,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 945–959, 2002.
- S. Liu, T. Basar, and R. Srikant, “Exponential-RED: a stabilizing AQM scheme for low- and high-speed TCP protocols,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1068–1081, 2005.
- S. Guo, X. Liao, C. Li, and D. Yang, “Stability analysis of a novel exponential-RED model with heterogeneous delays,” Computer Communications, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1058–1074, 2007.
- C. Wang, J. Liu, B. Li, K. Sohraby, and Y. T. Hou, “LRED: a robust and responsive AQM algorithm using packet loss ratio measurement,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 29–43, 2007.
- H. Javam and M. Analoui, “SARED: stabilized ARED,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communication Technology (ICCT '06), pp. 1–4, 2006.
- J. Sun, K. Ko, G. Chen, S. Chan, and M. Zukerman, “PD-RED: to improve the performance of RED,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 406–408, 2003.
- L. Tan, W. Zhang, G. Peng, and G. Chen, “Stability of TCP/RED systems in AQM routers,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 1393–1398, 2006.
- B. Zheng and M. Atiquzzaman, “A framework to determine bounds of maximum loss rate parameter of RED queue for next generation routers,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 429–445, 2008.
- B. Zheng and M. Atiquzzaman, “A framework to determine the optimal weight parameter of RED in next-generation Internet routers,” International Journal of Communication Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 987–1008, 2008.
- N. Bigdeli and M. Haeri, “Time-series analysis of TCP/RED computer networks, an empirical study,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 784–800, 2009.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Computer Society Digital Library, IEEE Computer Society, http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/TPDS.2009.162, 2009.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series—a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- M. Li and P. Borgnat, “Forward for the special issue on traffic modeling, its computations and applications,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 181–195, 2010.
- C. V. Hollot, V. Misra, D. Towsley, and W. Gong, “A control theoretic analysis of RED,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '01), vol. 3, pp. 1510–1519, 2001.