- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 749894, 15 pages
Effect of Trends on Detrended Fluctuation Analysis of Precipitation Series
1School of Mechanical, Electronic and Control Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
2Department of Mathematics, School of Science, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 21 January 2010; Revised 29 March 2010; Accepted 26 April 2010
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2010 Jianhai Yue et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C.-K. Peng, S. V. Buldyrev, S. Havlin, M. Simons, H. E. Stanley, and A. L. Goldberger, “Mosaic organization of DNA nucleotides,” Physical Review E, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 1685–1689, 1994.
- C.-K. Peng, J. E. Mietus, Y. Liu et al., “Quantifying fractal dynamics of human respiration: age and gender effects,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 683–692, 2002.
- J. W. Kantelhardt, S. A. Zschiegner, E. Koscielny-Bunde, S. Havlin, A. Bunde, and H. E. Stanley, “Multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis of nonstationary time series,” Physica A, vol. 316, no. 1–4, pp. 87–114, 2002.
- K. Hu, P. C. Ivanov, Z. Chen, P. Carpena, and H. E. Stanley, “Effect of trends on detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physical Review E, vol. 64, no. 1, Article ID 011114, 19 pages, 2001.
- Z. Chen, P. C. Ivanov, K. Hu, and H. E. Stanley, “Effect of nonstationarities on detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physical Review E, vol. 65, no. 4, Article ID 041107, 15 pages, 2002.
- Z. Chen, K. Hu, P. Carpena, P. Bernaola-Galvan, H. E. Stanley, and P. C. Ivanov, “Effect of nonlinear filters on detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 1, Article ID 011104, 11 pages, 2005.
- R. Nagarajan and R. G. Kavasseri, “Minimizing the effect of periodic and quasi-periodic trends in detrended fluctuation analysis,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 777–784, 2005.
- P. Shang, Y. Lu, and S. Kamae, “Detecting long-range correlations of traffic time series with multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 82–90, 2008.
- P. Shang, A. Lin, and L. Liu, “Chaotic SVD method for minimizing the effect of exponential trends in detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physica A, vol. 388, no. 5, pp. 720–726, 2009.
- Ming Li and Wei Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. In press.
- M. Li and S. C. Lim, “Modeling network traffic using generalized Cauchy process,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 11, pp. 2584–2594, 2008.
- M. Li, “Generation of teletraffic of generalized Cauchy type,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, no. 2, Article ID 025007, 2010.
- M. Li and J.-Y. Li, “On the predictability of long-range dependent series,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 397454, 9 pages, 2010.
- G. Mattioli, M. Scalia, and C. Cattani, “Analysis of large amplitude pulses in short time intervals: application to neuron interactions,” accepted to Mathematical Problems in Engineering.
- C.-Y. Chu and K. S. Chen, “Effects of rain fading on the efficiency of the Ka-band LMDS system in the Taiwan area,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 9–19, 2005.
- R. K. Crane, “Prediction of attenuation by rain,” IEEE Transactions on Communications Systems, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 1717–1733, 1980.
- R. K. Crane, “A local model for the prediction of rain-rate statistics for rain-attenuation models,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 2260–2273, 2003.
- K. Fraedrich and C. Larnder, “Scaling regimes of composite rainfall time series,” Tellus, Series A, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 289–298, 1993.
- D. Harris, M. Menabde, A. Seed, and G. Austin, “Multifractal characterization of rain fields with a strong orographic influence,” Journal of Geophysical Research D, vol. 101, no. 21, pp. 26405–26414, 1996.
- S. Lovejoy and D. Schertzer, “Multifractals and rain,” in New Uncertainty Concepts in Hydrology and Water Resources, pp. 61–103, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1995.
- C. Matsoukas, S. Islam, and I. Rodriguez-Iturbe, “Detrended fluctuation analysis of rainfall and streamflow time series,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 105, pp. 29165–29172, 2000.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series—a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- J. W. Kantelhardt, E. Koscielny-Bunde, H. H. A. Rego, S. Havlin, and A. Bunde, “Detecting long-range correlations with detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physica A, vol. 295, no. 3-4, pp. 441–454, 2001.
- S. Kimiagar, M. S. Movahed, S. Khorram, S. Sobhanian, and M. R. R. Tabar, “Fractal analysis of discharge current fluctuations,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, vol. 2009, no. 3, Article ID P03020, 2009.
- G. Toma, “Specific differential equations for generating pulse sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 324818, 11 pages, 2010.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Dynamical aspects of macroscopic and quantum transitions due to coherence function and time series events,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 428903, 2010.
- H. A. Makse, S. Havlin, M. Schwartz, and H. E. Stanley, “Method for generating long-range correlations for large systems,” Physical Review E, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 5445–5449, 1996.
- B. Podobnik, P. C. Ivanov, K. Biljakovic, D. Horvatic, H. E. Stanley, and I. Grosse, “Fractionally integrated process with power-law correlations in variables and magnitudes,” Physical Review E, vol. 72, no. 2, Article ID 026121, 7 pages, 2005.
- I. M. Jánosi and R. Müller, “Empirical mode decomposition and correlation properties of long daily ozone records,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 5, Article ID 056126, 5 pages, 2005.
- X.-Y. Qian, W.-X. Zhou, and G.-F. Gu, “Modified detrended fluctuation analysis based on empirical mode decomposition,” http://arxiv.org/abs/0907.3284.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, and J. Zhang, “Vision processing for realtime 3-D data acquisition based on coded structured light,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 167–176, 2008.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, Q. Guan, and G. Xiao, “Real-time three-dimensional surface measurement by color encoded light projection,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 11, Article ID 111108, 2006.
- J.-R. Yeh, S.-Z. Fan, and J.-S. Shieh, “Human heart beat analysis using a modified algorithm of detrended fluctuation analysis based on empirical mode decomposition,” Medical Engineering and Physics, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 92–100, 2009.
- C. V. Chianca, A. Ticona, and T. J. P. Penna, “Fourier-detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physica A, vol. 357, no. 3-4, pp. 447–454, 2005.
- C. Cattani and A. Kudreyko, “Application of periodized harmonic wavelets towards solution of eigenvalue problems for integral equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 570136, 8 pages, 2010.