- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 186507, 14 pages
A Numerical Method for Preserving Curve Edges in Nonlinear Anisotropic Smoothing
1School of Automation Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu 610054, China
2School of Computer Science, Sichuan Normal University, Chengdu 610066, China
3Institute of Medical Information and Technology, School of Biomedical Engineering, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Received 28 January 2011; Accepted 18 February 2011
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2011 Shaoxiang Hu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2001.
- J. V. Lorenzo-Ginori, K. N. Plataniotis, and A. N. Venetsanopoulos, “Nonlinear filtering for phase image denoising,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 149, no. 5, pp. 290–296, 2002.
- Y. J. Zhang and L. L. Geb, “Edge preserving regularization for the pde-based piecewise smooth mumford-shah algorithm,” Imaging Science Journal, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 119–127, 2009.
- S. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, “Determination of stripe edge blurring for depth sensing,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 389–390, 2011.
- Z. Jun and W. Zhihui, “A class of fractional-order multi-scale variational models and alternating projection algorithm for image denoising,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 2516–2528, 2011.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Dynamical aspects of macroscopic and quantum transitions due to coherence function and time series events,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 428903, 2010.
- G. Mattioli, M. Scalia, and C. Cattani, “Analysis of large-amplitude pulses in short time intervals: application to neuron interactions,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 895785, 15 pages, 2010.
- Y. Shih, C. Rei, and H. Wang, “A novel PDE based image restoration: convection-diffusion equation for image denoising,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 231, no. 2, pp. 771–779, 2009.
- C. Chaux, L. Duval, A. Benazza-Benyahia, and J. C. Pesquet, “A nonlinear Stein-based estimator for multichannel image denoising,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 3855–3870, 2008.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 2011.
- Z. Liao, S. Hu, and W. Chen, “Determining neighborhoods of image pixels automatically for adaptive image denoising using nonlinear time series analysis,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 914564, 14 pages, 2010.
- P. Perona and J. Malik, “Scale-space and edge detection using anisotropic diffusion,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 629–639, 1990.
- L. Alvarez, P. L. Lions, and J. M. Morel, “Image selective smoothing and edge detection by nonlinear diffusion. II,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 845–866, 1992.
- L. Alvarez and L. Mazorra, “Signal and image restoration using shock filters and anisotropic diffusion,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 590–605, 1994.
- J. Weickert, “Coherence-enhancing diffusion filtering,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 111–127, 1999.
- J. Yu, Y. Yang, and A. Campo, “Approximate solution of the nonlinear heat conduction equation in a semi-infinite domain,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 421657, 24 pages, 2010.
- M. Li, M. Scalia, and C. Toma, “Nonlinear time series: computations and applications,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 101523, 5 pages, 2010.
- N. Sochen, G. Gilboa, and Y. Y. Zeevi, “Color image enhancement by a forward and backwardadaptive Beltrami flow,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop Algebraic Frames for the Perception-Action Cycle (AFPAC '00), G. Sommer and Y. Y. Zeevi, Eds., Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1888, pp. 319–328, Springer, 2000.
- F. Zhang, Y. M. Yoo, L. M. Koh, and Y. Kim, “Nonlinear diffusion in laplacian pyramid domain for ultrasonic speckle reduction,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 200–211, 2007.
- M. Ceccarelli, V. De Simone, and A. Murli, “Well-posed anisotropic diffusion for image denoising,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 149, no. 4, pp. 244–252, 2002.
- V. B. S. Prasath and A. Singh, “Well-posed inhomogeneous nonlinear diffusion scheme for digital image denoising,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2010, Article ID 763847, 14 pages, 2010.
- J. Ling and A. C. Bovik, “Smoothing low-SNR molecular images via anisotropic median-diffusion,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 377–384, 2002.
- A. Buades, B. Coll, and J.-M. Morel, “Nonlocal image and movie denoising,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 123–139, 2008, special section: selection of papers for CVPR 2005, Guest Editors: C. Schmid, S. Soatto and C. Tomasi.
- A. Buades, B. Coll, and J. M. Morel, “Image denoising methods. A new nonlocal principle,” SIAM Review, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 113–147, 2010.
- M. Li, “Modeling autocorrelation functions of long-range dependent teletraffic series based on optimal approximation in Hilbert space-A further study,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 625–631, 2007.
- C. Cattani, “Harmonic wavelet approximation of random, fractal and high frequency signals,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 207–217, 2010.
- C. Cattani, “Fractals and hidden symmetries in DNA,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 507056, 31 pages, 2010.
- M. Li, “Generation of teletraffic of generalized Cauchy type,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, no. 2, Article ID 025007, 2010.
- M. Li and S. C. Lim, “Modeling network traffic using generalized Cauchy process,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 11, pp. 2584–2594, 2008.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a Stochastic Traffic Bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- M. Li, W. Zhao, and S. Chen, “MBm-based scalings of traffic propagated in internet,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 389803, 21 pages, 2011.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series—a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, Gaussian Self-Affinity and Fractals, Selected Works of Benoit B. Mandelbrot, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.