- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 654284, 13 pages
Viewing Sea Level by a One-Dimensional Random Function with Long Memory
1School of Information Science & Technology, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200241, China
2Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences (DiFarma), University of Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, 84084 Fisciano, SA, Italy
3College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 12 September 2010; Accepted 5 October 2010
Academic Editor: Cristian Toma
Copyright © 2011 Ming Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Geophysics Study Committee, National Research Council, Sea-Level Change, National Academic Press, 1990.
- Committee on Engineering Implications of Changes in Relative Mean Sea Level, Marine Board, National Research Council, Responding to Changes in Sea Level: Engineering Implications, National Academic Press, 1987.
- F. Lyard, F. Lefevre, T. Letellier, and O. Francis, “Modelling the global ocean tides: modern insights from FES2004,” Ocean Dynamics, vol. 56, no. 5-6, pp. 394–415, 2006.
- G.-Y. Liu, Ocean Geography, The Press of Beijing Normal University, 1989.
- Ocean School of Ningbo, Ed., Oceanography, Ocean Press, 1986.
- K. Wyrtki and S. Nakahara, “Monthly maps of sea level anomalies in the Pacific 1975–1981,” Tech. Rep. JIMAR 84-0085, HIG-843, Joint Institute of Marine and Atmospheric Research and Hawaii Institute of Geophysics, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, August 1984.
- S. M. Barbosa, M. J. Fernandes, and M. E. Silva, “Long-range dependence in North Atlantic sea level,” Physica A, vol. 371, no. 2, pp. 725–731, 2006.
- J.-P. Chilès and P. Delfiner, Geostatistics, Modeling Spatial Uncertainty, Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics: Applied Probability and Statistics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- J. Beran, Statistics for Long-Memory Processes, vol. 61 of Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability, Chapman and Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, Gaussian Self-Affinity and Fractals, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- B. B. Mandelbrot and J. W. Van Ness, “Fractional Brownian motions, fractional noises and applications,” SIAM Review, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 422–437, 1968.
- I. M. Gelfand and K. Vilenkin, Generalized Functions, Vol. 1, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1964.
- F. W. J. Olver, Asymptotics and Special Functions, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- R. J. Adler, The Geometry of Random Fields, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1981.
- P. Hall and R. Roy, “On the relationship between fractal dimension and fractal index for stationary stochastic processes,” The Annals of Applied Probability, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 241–253, 1994.
- J. T. Kent and A. T. A. Wood, “Estimating the fractal dimension of a locally self-similar Gaussian process by using increments,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 679–699, 1997.
- S. K. Mitra and J. F. Kaiser, Handbook for Digital Signal Processing, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- M. Li, “A method for requiring block size for spectrum measurement of ocean surface waves,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 2207–2215, 2006.
- C.-K. Peng, S. V. Buldyrev, S. Havlin, M. Simons, H. E. Stanley, and A. L. Goldberger, “Mosaic organization of DNA nucleotides,” Physical Review E, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 1685–1689, 1994.
- J. W. Kantelhardt, E. Koscielny-Bunde, H. H. A. Rego, S. Havlin, and A. Bunde, “Detecting long-range correlations with detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physica A, vol. 295, no. 3-4, pp. 441–454, 2001.
- M. S. Taqqu, V. Teverovsky, and W. Willinger, “Estimators for long-range dependence: an empirical study,” Fractals, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 785–798, 1995.
- X.-A. Yin, X.-H. Yang, and Z.-F. Yang, “Using the R/S method to determine the periodicity of time series,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 731–745, 2009.
- G. Samorodnitsky and M. S. Taqqu, Stable Non-Gaussian Random Processes, Stochastic Models with Infinite Variance, Stochastic Modeling, Chapman & Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- P. Abry, P. Borgnat, F. Ricciato, A. Scherrer, and D. Veitch, “Revisiting an old friend: on the observability of the relation between long range dependence and heavy tail,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 147–165, 2010.
- V. Pisarenko and M. Rodkin, Heavy-Tailed Distributions in Disaster Analysis, vol. 30, Springer, 2010.
- C. Cattani, “Harmonic wavelet approximation of random, fractal and high frequency signals,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 207–217, 2010.
- C. Cattani, “Fractals and hidden symmetries in DNA,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 507056, 22 pages, 2010.
- C. Cattani, “Shannon wavelets for the solution of integrodifferential equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 408418, 22 pages, 2010.
- M. Li and S. C. Lim, “Modeling network traffic using generalized Cauchy process,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 11, pp. 2584–2594, 2008.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Dynamical aspects of macroscopic and quantum transitions due to coherence function and time series events,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 428903, 13 pages, 2010.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Relativistic short range phenomena and space-time aspects of pulse measurements,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2008, Article ID 410156, 20 pages, 2008.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, and J. Zhang, “Vision processing for realtime 3-D data acquisition based on coded structured light,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 167–176, 2008.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, Q. Guan, and G. Xiao, “Real-time three-dimensional surface measurement by color encoded light projection,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 11, Article ID 111108, 2006.
- S. He and F. Liu, “Robust filtering of time-delay jump systems with respect to the finite-time interval,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 839648, 2011.
- W. B. Mikhael and T. Yang, “A gradient-based optimum block adaptation ICA technique for interference suppression in highly dynamic communication channels,” EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2006, Article ID 84057, 10 pages, 2006.
- T.-Y. Sung, Y.-S. Shieh, and H.-C. Hsin, “An efficient VLSI linear array for DCT/IDCT using subband decomposition algorithm,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 185398, 21 pages, 2010.
- D. She and X. Yang, “A new adaptive local linear prediction method and its application in hydrological time series,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 205438, 15 pages, 2010.