- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 657839, 9 pages
Exact Solution of Impulse Response to a Class of Fractional Oscillators and Its Stability
1School of Information Science and Technology, East China Normal University, no. 500, Dong-Chuan Road, Shanghai 200241, China
228 Farrer Road, #05-01, Sutton Place, 268831, Singapore
3College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 18 August 2010; Accepted 15 September 2010
Academic Editor: Cristian Toma
Copyright © 2011 Ming Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. D. Ortigueira and A. G. Batista, “On the relation between the fractional Brownian motion and the fractional derivatives,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 7, pp. 958–968, 2008.
- M. D. Ortigueira, “An introduction to the fractional continuous-time linear systems: the 21st century systems,” IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 19–26, 2008.
- Y. Luo and Y. Chen, “Fractional order [proportional derivative] controller for a class of fractional order systems,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 2446–2450, 2009.
- Y. Q. Chen and K. L. Moore, “Discretization schemes for fractional-order differentiators and integrators,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 363–367, 2002.
- J. A. Tenreiro Machado, M. F. Silva, R. S. Barbosa, et al., “Some applications of fractional calculus in engineering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 639801, 34 pages, 2010.
- O. P. Agrawal, “Solution for a fractional diffusion-wave equation defined in a bounded domain,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 145–155, 2002.
- I. Podlubny, I. Petráš, B. M. Vinagre, P. O'Leary, and L. Dorčák, “Analogue realizations of fractional-order controllers,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 281–296, 2002.
- C. H. Eab and S. C. Lim, “Path integral representation of fractional harmonic oscillator,” Physica A, vol. 371, no. 2, pp. 303–316, 2006.
- C. H. Eab and S. C. Lim, “Fractional generalized Langevin equation approach to single-file diffusion,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 13, pp. 2510–2521, 2010.
- C.-C. Tseng and S.-L. Lee, “Digital IIR integrator design using recursive Romberg integration rule and fractional sample delay,” Signal Processing, vol. 88, no. 9, pp. 2222–2233, 2008.
- V. Lakshmikantham, S. Leela, and J. Vasundhara Devi, Theory of Fractional Dynamic Systems, Cambridge Scientific Publishers, Cambridge, UK, 2009.
- C. M. Harris, Ed., Shock and Vibration Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1995.
- Y. Chen and K. L. Moore, “Analytical stability bound for a class of delayed fractional-order dynamic systems,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 191–200, 2002.
- H.-S. Ahn and Y. Chen, “Necessary and sufficient stability condition of fractional-order interval linear systems,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 2985–2988, 2008.
- D. Qian, C. Li, R. P. Agarwal, and P. J. Y. Wong, “Stability analysis of fractional differential system with Riemann-Liouville derivative,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 52, no. 5-6, pp. 862–874, 2010.
- S. S. Antman, J. E. Marsden, and L. Sirovich, Eds., Applied Delay Differential Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- B. N. N. Achar, J. W. Hanneken, T. Enck, and T. Clarke, “Dynamics of the fractional oscillator,” Physica A, vol. 297, no. 3-4, pp. 361–367, 2001.
- B. N. N. Achar, J. W. Hanneken, and T. Clarke, “Damping characteristics of a fractional oscillator,” Physica A, vol. 339, no. 3-4, pp. 311–319, 2004.
- B. N. Narahari Achar, J. W. Hanneken, T. Enck, and T. Clarke, “Response characteristics of a fractional oscillator,” Physica A, vol. 309, no. 3-4, pp. 275–288, 2002.
- A. Al-rabtah, V. S. Ertürk, and S. Momani, “Solutions of a fractional oscillator by using differential transform method,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 1356–1362, 2010.
- S. C. Lim, M. Li, and L. P. Teo, “Locally self-similar fractional oscillator processes,” Fluctuation and Noise Letters, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. L169–L179, 2007.
- S. C. Lim, M. Li, and L. P. Teo, “Langevin equation with two fractional orders,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 42, pp. 6309–6320, 2008.
- S. C. Lim and S. V. Muniandy, “Self-similar Gaussian processes for modeling anomalous diffusion,” Physical Review E, vol. 66, no. 2, Article ID 021114, pp. 021114/1–021114/14, 2002.
- S. C. Lim and L. P. Teo, “The fractional oscillator process with two indices,” Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, vol. 42, no. 6, Article ID 065208, 34 pages, 2009.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series—a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, Elsevier, Singapore, 7th edition, 2007, edited by A. Jeffrey and D. Zwillinger.
- R. C. Dorf and R. H. Bishop, Modern Control Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 9th edition, 2002.
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2002.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- M. Li and S. C. Lim, “Power spectrum of generalized Cauchy process,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 219–222, 2010.
- M. Li, “Generation of teletraffic of generalized Cauchy type,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, no. 2, Article ID 025007, 10 pages, 2010.
- M. Li and S. C. Lim, “Modeling network traffic using generalized Cauchy process,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 11, pp. 2584–2594, 2008.
- S. C. Lim and M. Li, “A generalized Cauchy process and its application to relaxation phenomena,” Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2935–2951, 2006.
- M. Li, “Modeling autocorrelation functions of long-range dependent teletraffic series based on optimal approximation in Hilbert space-A further study,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 625–631, 2007.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, and J. Zhang, “Vision processing for realtime 3-D data acquisition based on coded structured light,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 167–176, 2008.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, Q. Guan, and G. Xiao, “Real-time three-dimensional surface measurement by color encoded light projection,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 11, Article ID 111108, 2006.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Mathematical transform of traveling-wave equations and phase aspects of quantum interaction,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 695208, 15 pages, 2010.
- C. Cattani, “Harmonic wavelet approximation of random, fractal and high frequency signals,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 207–217, 2010.
- O. M. Abuzeid, A. N. Al-Rabadi, and H. S. Alkhaldi, “Fractal geometry-based hypergeometric time series solution to the hereditary thermal creep model for the contact of rough surfaces using the Kelvin-Voigt medium,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 652306, 22 pages, 2010.
- C. Cattani, “Fractals and hidden symmetries in DNA,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 507056, 31 pages, 2010.
- J. Chen, C. Hu, and Z. Ji, “An improved ARED algorithm for congestion control of network transmission,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 329035, 14 pages, 2010.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Dynamical aspects of macroscopic and quantum transitions due to coherence function and time series events,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 428903, 13 pages, 2010.