- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 938454, 12 pages
Enhanced Cryptography by Multiple Chaotic Dynamics
1Shenzhen City Key Laboratory of Embedded System Design, College of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060, China
2Department of Electronic Engineering, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Received 1 December 2010; Accepted 22 December 2010
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2011 Jianyong Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. E. Borujeni and M. Eshghi, “Chaotic image encryption design using Tompkins-Paige algorithm,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2009, Article ID 762652, 22 pages, 2009.
- K. W. Wong and C. H. Yuen, “Embedding compression in chaos-based cryptography,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 1193–1197, 2008.
- C. P. Wu and C. C. J. Kuo, “Design of integrated multimedia compression and encryption systems,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 828–839, 2005.
- H. Li and J. Zhang, “A secure and efficient entropy coding based on arithmetic coding,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 4304–4318, 2009.
- J. Zhou, O. C. Au, and P. H. W. Wong, “Adaptive chosen-ciphertext attack on secure arithmetic coding,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1825–1838, 2009.
- M. S. Baptista, “Cryptography with chaos,” Physics Letters A, vol. 240, no. 1-2, pp. 50–54, 1998.
- G. Álvarez, F. Montoya, M. Romera, and G. Pastor, “Cryptanalysis of an ergodic chaotic cipher,” Physics Letters A, vol. 311, no. 2-3, pp. 172–179, 2003.
- G. Álvarez, F. Montoya, M. Romera, and G. Pastor, “Cryptanalysis of dynamic look-up table based chaotic cryptosystems,” Physics Letters A, vol. 326, no. 3-4, pp. 211–218, 2004.
- J. Wei, X. Liao, K. W. Wong, T. Zhou, and Y. Deng, “Analysis and improvement for the performance of Baptista's cryptographic scheme,” Physics Letters A, vol. 354, no. 1-2, pp. 101–109, 2006.
- S. Li, G. Chen, K. W. Wong, X. Mou, and Y. Cai, “Baptista-type chaotic cryptosystems: Problems and countermeasures,” Physics Letters A, vol. 332, no. 5-6, pp. 368–375, 2004.
- I. Dalkiran and K. Danişman, “Artificial neural network based chaotic generator for cryptology,” Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 225–240, 2010.
- N. Singh and A. Sinha, “Chaos based multiple image encryption using multiple canonical transforms,” Optics and Laser Technology, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 724–731, 2010.
- H. H. Nien, W. T. Huang, C. M. Hung et al., “Hybrid image encryption using multi-chaos-system,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS '09), pp. 1–5, December 2009.
- J. He, H. Qian, Y. Zhou, and Z. Li, “Cryptanalysis and improvement of a block cipher based on multiple chaotic systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 590590, 14 pages, 2010.
- L. A. Aguirre and C. Letellier, “Modeling nonlinear dynamics and chaos: a review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2009, Article ID 238960, 35 pages, 2009.
- S. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, “Determination of stripe edge blurring for depth sensing,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 389–390, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen, et al., “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, Gaussian Self-Affinity and Fractals, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- C. Cattani, “Harmonic wavelet approximation of random, fractal and high frequency signals,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 207–217, 2010.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Mathematical transform of traveling-wave equations and phase aspects of quantum interaction,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 695208, 15 pages, 2010.
- M. Li, “Generation of teletraffic of generalized Cauchy type,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, no. 2, Article ID 025007, 2010.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a Stochastic Traffic Bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- G. Alvarez and S. Li, “Some basic cryptographic requirements for chaos-based cryptosystems,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2129–2151, 2006.
- M. T. Rosenstein, J. J. Collins, and C. J. De Luca, “A practical method for calculating largest Lyapunov exponents from small data sets,” Physica D, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 117–134, 1993.
- N. K. Pareek, Vinod Patidar, and K. K. Sud, “Cryptography using multiple one-dimensional chaotic maps,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 715–723, 2005.
- T. Addabbo, M. Alioto, A. Fort, A. Pasini, S. Rocchi, and V. Vignoli, “A class of maximum-period nonlinear congruential generators derived from the Rényi chaotic map,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. I, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 816–828, 2007.
- C. M. Ou, “Design of block ciphers by simple chaotic functions,” IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, vol. 3, no. 2, Article ID 4490261, pp. 54–59, 2008.
- A. Rukhin, et al., “A statistical test suite for the validation of random number generators and pseudo random number generators for cryptographic applications,” National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, Md, USA, NIST Special Publication 800-22, April 2010, http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/toolkit/rng/documentation_software.html.