- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 124280, 10 pages
Modeling Small Scale Solar Powered ORC Unit for Standalone Application
1Università degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi, Via Plinio 44, 00193 Roma, Italy
2Università degli Studi della Tuscia, Via S.M.in Gradi n.4, 01100 Viterbo, Italy
3Enertecna s.r.l., Via della Polveriera 14, 00184 Roma, Italy
Received 17 October 2012; Accepted 15 November 2012
Academic Editor: Maurizio Carlini
Copyright © 2012 Enrico Bocci et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Cattani, S. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, AID, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 4 pages, 2012.
- M. Carlini, S. Castellucci, M. Guerrieri, and T. Honorati, “Stability and control for energy production parametric dependence,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 842380, 21 pages, 2010.
- M. Carlini and S. Castellucci, “Modelling and simulation for energy production parametric dependence in greenhouses,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 590943, 28 pages, 2010.
- M. Carlini, M. Villarini, S. Esposto, and M. Bernardi, “Performance analysis of greenhouses with integrated photovoltaic modules,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6017, no. 2, pp. 206–214, 2010.
- B. Saleh, G. Koglbauer, M. Wendland, and J. Fischer, “Working fluids for low-temperature organic Rankine cycles,” Energy, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1210–1221, 2007.
- U. Drescher and D. Brüggemann, “Fluid selection for the Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) in biomass power and heat plants,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 223–228, 2007.
- A. Boretti, “Recovery of exhaust and coolant heat with R245fa organic Rankine cycles in a hybrid passenger car with a naturally aspirated gasoline engine,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 36, pp. 73–77, 2012.
- S. Quoilin, M. Orosz, H. Hemond, and V. Lemort, “Performance and design optimization of a low-cost solar organic Rankine cycle for remote power generation,” Solar Energy, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 955–966, 2011.
- A. M. Delgado-Torres and L. García-Rodríguez, “Analysis and optimization of the low-temperature solar organic Rankine cycle (ORC),” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2846–2856, 2010.
- M. Villarini, D. Germanò, F. Fontana, and M. Limiti, I Sistemi SoLari Termici Per La Climatizzazione (SoLar Thermal Cooling and Heating pLants Design), Maggioli Editore, 2010.
- M. Gasparro, D. Germanò, and M. Villarini, Principi Di Progettazione Degli Impianti Solari Termici (Solar Thermal Plants Design), Maggioli Editore, Rimini, Italy, 2011.
- V. Piemonte, M. De Falco, P. Tarquini, and A. Giaconia, “Life cycle assessment of a high temperature molten salt concentrated solar power plant,” Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, vol. 28, pp. 1063–1068, 2010.
- C. J. Winter, R. L. Sizmann, and L. L. Vant-Hull, Solar Power Plants, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- M. Carlini, S Castellucci, E. Allegrini, and A. Tucci, “Down-hole heat exchangers: modelling of a low-enthalpy geothermal system for district heating,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 845192, 11 pages, 2012.
- M. Carlini, T. Honorati, and S. Castellucci, “Photovoltaic greenhouses: comparison of optical and thermal behaviour for energy savings,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 743764, 10 pages, 2012.
- J. P. Roy, M. K. Mishra, and A. Misra, “Performance analysis of an Organic Rankine Cycle with superheating under different heat source temperature conditions,” Applied Energy, vol. 88, no. 9, pp. 2995–3004, 2011.
- E. Bocci, A. Di Carlo, and D. Marcelo, “Power plant perspectives for sugarcane mills,” Energy, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 689–698, 2009.
- F. Orecchini, E. Bocci, and A. Di Carlo, “Process simulation of a neutral emission plant using chestnut's coppice gasification and molten carbonate fuel cells,” Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, vol. 5, no. 2, Article ID 021015, 9 pages, 2008.
- E. Bocci, F. Zuccari, and A. Dell’Era, “Renewable and hydrogen energy integrated house,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. 7963–7968, 2011.
- A. Di Carlo, E. Bocci, and V. Naso, “Process simulation of a SOFC and double bubbling fluidized bed gasifier power plant, International,” Journal of Hydrogen Energy. In press.
- A. Poullikkas, “Economic analysis of power generation from parabolic trough solar thermal plants for the Mediterranean region-A case study for the island of Cyprus,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 13, pp. 2474–2484, 2009.
- M. Villarini, M. Limiti, and R. Impero Abenavoli, “Overview and comparison of global concentrating solar power incentives schemes by means of computational models,” Computational Science and Its Applications, vol. 6785, pp. 258–269, 2011.