- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 194010, 15 pages
Numerical Modeling and Control of Rotating Plate with Coupled Self-Sensing and Frequency-Dependent Active Constrained Layer Damping
1Department of Electromechanical Engineering, University of Macau, Macau, China
2Magnecomp Precision Technology, 38975 Skycanyon Drive, Murrieta, CA 92563, USA
Received 31 May 2012; Revised 14 September 2012; Accepted 5 October 2012
Academic Editor: Slim Choura
Copyright © 2012 Zhengchao Xie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. A. Khulief, “Vibration frequencies of a rotating tapered beam with end mass,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 87–97, 1989.
- H. H. Yoo and C. Pierre, “Modal characteristic of a rotating rectangular cantilever plate,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 259, no. 1, pp. 81–96, 2003.
- J. Liu and J. Hong, “Geometric nonlinear formulation and discretization method for a rectangular plate undergoing large overall motions,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 561–571, 2005.
- Z. Xie and X. Xue, “A new plate finite element model for rotating plate structures with constrained damping layer,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 487–495, 2011.
- E. H. K. Fung and D. T. W. Yau, “Vibration characteristics of a rotating flexible arm with ACLD treatment,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 269, no. 1-2, pp. 165–182, 2004.
- L. Liu, Z. Zhang, and H. Hua, “Dynamic characteristics of rotating cantilever plates with active constrained layer damping treatments,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1849–1856, 2007.
- J. J. Dosch, D. J. Inman, and E. Garcia, “Self-sensing piezoelectric actuator for collocated control,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 166–185, 1992.
- J. X. Gao and W. H. Liao, “Vibration analysis of simply supported beams with enhanced self-sensing active constrained layer damping treatments,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 280, no. 1-2, pp. 329–357, 2005.
- I. Y. Shen, “A variational formulation, a work-energy relation and damping mechanisms of active constrained layer treatments,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, vol. 119, no. 2, pp. 192–199, 1997.
- J. Ro and A. Baz, “Vibration control of plates using self-sensing active constrained layer damping networks,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 833–845, 2002.
- Z. Xie, P. K. Wong, and I. I. Chong, “A genetic algorithms based optimization design on self-sensing active constrained layer damped rotating plates,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 22, no. 17, pp. 2069–2078, 2011.
- D. Ross, E. E. Ungar, and E. M. Kerwin, “Damping of plate flexural vibrations by means of viscoelastic laminae,” in Proceedings of ASME Annual Meeting Structural Damping, pp. 49–88, New York, NY, USA, 1959.
- D. K. Rao, “Vibration of short sandwich beams,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 253–263, 1977.
- J. A. Zapfe and G. A. Lesieutre, “A discrete layer beam finite element for the dynamic analysis of composite sandwich beams with integral damping layers,” Computers and Structures, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 647–666, 1999.
- M. A. Trindade, A. Benjeddou, and R. Ohayon, “Modeling of frequency-dependent viscoelastic materials for active-passive vibration damping,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 169–174, 2000.
- M. A. Trindade, A. Benjeddou, and R. Ohayon, “Piezoelectric active vibration control of damped sandwich beams,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 246, no. 4, pp. 653–677, 2001.
- G. A. Lesieutre and U. Lee, “A finite element for beams having segmented active constrained layers with frequency-dependent viscoelastics,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 615–627, 1996.
- S. O. R. Moheimani and A. J. Fleming, Piezoelectric Transducers for Vibration Control and Damping, Springer, 2006.
- M. E. Bechly and P. D. Clausen, “Structural design of a composite wind turbine blade using finite element analysis,” Computers and Structures, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 639–646, 1997.
- M. H. Hansen, K. Thomsen, P. Fuglsang, and T. Knudsen, “Two methods for estimating aeroelastic damping of operational wind turbine modes from experiments,” Wind Energy, vol. 9, no. 1-2, pp. 179–191, 2006.
- F. Karpat, S. Ekwaro-Osire, K. Cavdar, and F. C. Babalik, “Dynamic analysis of involute spur gears with asymmetric teeth,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 1598–1610, 2008.