- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 194953, 20 pages
A Combined Approach on RBC Image Segmentation through Shape Feature Extraction
1College of Computer Science, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400030, China
2Department of Science and Technology, Chongqing University of Arts and Sciences, Chongqing 402160, China
Received 11 November 2011; Accepted 26 December 2011
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2012 Ruihu Wang and Bin Fang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. F. Egerton, Physical Principes of Eletron Miscroscopy, Springer, 2005.
- J. C. Russ, The Image Processing Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2007.
- C. Di Ruberto, A. Dempster, S. Khan, and B. Jarra, “Analysis of infected blood cell images using morphological operators,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 133–146, 2002.
- S. K. Kumarasamy, S. H. Ong, and K. S. W. Tan, “Robust contour reconstruction of red blood cells and parasites in the automated identification of the stages of malarial infection,” Machine Vision and Applications, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 461–469, 2011.
- S. Mandal, A. Kumar, J. Chatterjee, M. Manjunatha, and A. K. Ray, “Segmentation of blood smear images using normalized cuts for detection of malarial parasites,” in Proceedings of the Annual IEEE India Conference: Green Energy, Computing and Communication (INDICON '10), pp. 1–4, Kolkata, India, 2010.
- C. Di Ruberto, A. Dempster, S. Khan, and B. Jarra, “Segmentation of blood images using morphological operators,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '00), pp. 397–400, IEEE, Barcelona, Spain, 2000.
- Z. Liao, S. Hu, and W. Chen, “Determining neighborhoods of image pixels automatically for adaptive image denoising using nonlinear time series analysis,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 914564, 14 pages, 2010.
- Z. Liao, S. Hu, M. Li, and W. Chen, “Noise estimation for single-slice sinogram of low-dose X-ray computed tomography using homogenous patch,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 696212, 16 pages, 2012.
- S. Hu, Z. Liao, D. Sun, and W. Chen, “A numerical method for preserving curve edges in nonlinear anisotropic smoothing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 186507, 14 pages, 2011.
- J. Vromen and B. McCane, “Red blood cell segmentation using guided contour tracing,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual Colloquium of the Spatial Information Research Centre (SIRC '06), Dunedin, New Zealand, November 2006.
- S. Bakshi and Y. Yang, “Shape from shading for non-lambertain surfaces,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP '94), vol. 94, pp. 130–134, Austin, Tex, USA, 1994.
- K. M. Lee and C. C. J. Kuo, “Shape from shading with a generalized reflectance map model,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 143–160, 1997.
- H. Ragheb and E. Hancock, “A probabilistic framework for specular shape–from-shading,” SIAM Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 867–884, 1992.
- E. Prados and O. Faugeras, “Shape from shading,” in Handbook of Mathematical Models in Computer Vision, pp. 375–388, Springer, 2006.
- B. K. P. Horn and M. J. Brooks, “The variational approach to shape from shading,” Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 174–208, 1986.
- R. Zhang, P.-S. Tsai, J. E. Cryer, and M. Shah, “Shape from shading: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 690–706, 1999.
- E. Prados, F. Camilli, and O. Faugeras, “A unifying and rigorous shape from shading method adapted to realistic data and applications,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 307–328, 2006.
- A. Tankus, N. Sochen, and Y. Yeshurun, “Perspective shape-from-shading by fast marching,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '04), pp. I43–I49, July 2004.
- A. Tankus, N. Sochen, and Y. Yeshurun, “A new perspective on shape-from-shading,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV '03), vol. 2, pp. 862–869, October 2003.
- A. Tankus, N. Sochen, and Y. Yeshurun, “Reconstruction of medical images by perspective shape-from-shading,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '04), vol. 3, pp. 778–781, August 2004.
- K. Deguchi and T. Okatani, “Shape reconstruction from an endoscope image by shape-from-shading technique for a point light source at the projection center,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Mathematical Methods in Biomedical Image Analysis, pp. 290–298, IEEE, San Francisco, Calif, USA, June 1996.
- A. G. Jones and C. J. Taylor, “Robust shape from shading,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 411–421, 1994.
- P.-S. Tsai and M. Shah, “Shape from shading using linear approximation,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 487–498, 1994.
- P. J. Besl and R. C. Jain, It Surface in Range Image Understanding, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- P. J. Besl and R. C. Jain, “Segmentation through variable-order surface fitting,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 167–192, 1988.