- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 207318, 11 pages
Adaptive Parameters for a Modified Comprehensive Learning Particle Swarm Optimizer
1College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310023, China
2Engineering Institute of Engineering Corps, PLA University of Science and Technology, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210007, China
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 25 November 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Yu-Jun Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Chiong and T. Weise, “Special issue on modern search heuristics and applications,” Evolutionary Intelligence, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–2, 2011.
- S. Chen, W. Huang, C. Cattani, and G. Altieri, “Traffic dynamics on complex networks: a survey,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 732698, 23 pages, 2012.
- M. Li, W. Zhao, and S. Chen, “mBm-based scalings of traffic propagated in internet,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 389803, 21 pages, 2011.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, Perth, Australia, 1995.
- M. Dorigo, V. Maniezzo, and A. Colorni, “Ant system: optimization by a colony of cooperating agents,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 29–41, 1996.
- X. Li, A new intelligent optimization artificial fish school algorithm [doctor thesis], Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2003.
- D. Karaboga and B. Basturk, “A powerful and efficient algorithm for numerical function optimization: artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 459–471, 2007.
- Y. Tan and Y. Zhu, “Fireworks algorithm for optimization,” in Advances in Swarm Intelligence, vol. 6145 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 355–364, 2010.
- S. Chen, Y. Zheng, C. Cattani, and W. Wang, “Modeling of biological intelligence for SCM system optimization,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 769702, 10 pages, 2012.
- X. Wen, Y. Zhao, Y. Xu, and D. Sheng, “Quasiparticle swarm optimization for cross-section linear profile error evaluation of variation elliptical piston skirt,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 761978, 15 pages, 2012.
- Y. J. Zheng, X. L. Xu, H. F. Ling, and S. Y. Chen, “A hybrid fireworks optimization method with differential evolution operators,” Neurocomputing. In press.
- Y. Shi and R. Eberhart, “Modified particle swarm optimizer,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '98), pp. 69–73, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, May 1998.
- X. D. Li and A. P. Engelbrecht, “Particle swarm optimization: an introduction and its recent developments,” in Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, pp. 3391–3414, London, UK, 2007.
- W. N. Chen, J. Zhang, H. S. H. Chung, W. L. Zhong, W. G. Wu, and Y. H. Shi, “A novel set-based particle swarm optimization method for discrete optimization problems,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 278–300, 2010.
- R. C. Eberhart and Y. H. Shi, “Tracking and optimizing dynamic systems with particle swarms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 94–97, Seoul, Korea, 2001.
- M. Thidaa, H. L. Eng, D. N. Monekosso, and P. Remagnino, “A particle swarm optimisation algorithm with interactive swarms for tracking multiple targets,” Applied Soft Computing. In press.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- M. Li, S. C. Lim, and S. Chen, “Exact solution of impulse response to a class of fractional oscillators and its stability,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 657839, 9 pages, 2011.
- C. Cattani, “Fractals and hidden symmetries in DNA,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 507056, 31 pages, 2010.
- Y. J. Zheng and S. Y. Chen, “Cooperative particle swarm optimization for multiobjective transportation planning,” Applied Intelligence. In press.
- B. I. Koh, A. D. George, R. T. Haftka, and B. J. Fregly, “Parallel asynchronous particle swarm optimization,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 578–595, 2006.
- K. E. Parsopoulos, “Parallel cooperative micro-particle swarm optimization: a master-slave model,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, pp. 3552–3579, 2012.
- N. M. Kwok, D. K. Liu, K. C. Tan, and Q. P. Ha, “An empirical study on the settings of control coefficients in particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 3165–3172, Vancouver, Canada, 2006.
- R. Mendes, J. Kennedy, and J. Neves, “The fully informed particle swarm: simpler, maybe better,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 204–210, 2004.
- K. E. Parsopoulos and M. N. Vrahatis, “UPSO: a unified particle swarm optimization scheme,” in Proceedings of the International Conference of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering (ICCMSE '04), vol. 1 of Lecture Series on Computer and Computational Sciences, pp. 868–873, VSP International Science Publishers, 2004.
- J. J. Liang, A. K. Qin, P. N. Suganthan, and S. Baskar, “Comprehensive learning particle swarm optimizer for global optimization of multimodal functions,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 281–295, 2006.
- N. M. Kwok, Q. P. Ha, D. K. Liu, G. Fang, and K. C. Tan, “Efficient particle swarm optimization: a termination condition based on the decision-making approach,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '07), pp. 3353–3360, September 2007.
- N. M. Kwok, G. Fang, Q. R. Ha, and D. K. Liu, “An enhanced particle swarm optimization algorithm for multi-modal functions,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA '07), pp. 457–462, Harbin, China, August 2007.
- Z. H. Zhan, J. Zhang, Y. Li, and H. S. H. Chung, “Adaptive particle swarm optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 39, pp. 1362–1381, 2009.
- Y. Shi, H. Liu, L. Gao, and G. Zhang, “Cellular particle swarm optimization,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 20, pp. 4460–4493, 2011.
- M. S. Leu and M. F. Yeh, “Grey particle swarm optimization,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 2985–2996, 2012.
- M. M. Noel, “A new gradient based particle swarm optimization algorithm for accurate computation of global minimum,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 353–359, 2012.
- A. Nickabadi, M. M. Ebadzadeh, and R. Safabakhsh, “A novel particle swarm optimization algorithm with adaptive inertia weight,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 3658–3670, 2011.
- J. J. Liang and P. N. Suganthan, “Adaptive comprehensive learning particle swarm optimizer with history learning,” in Simulated Evolution and Learning, vol. 4247 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 213–220, 2006.
- H. Wu, J. Geng, R. Jin et al., “An improved comprehensive learning particle swarm optimization and its application to the semiautomatic design of antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 3018–3028, 2009.
- S. Li and M. Tan, “Tuning SVM parameters by using a hybrid CLPSO-BFGS algorithm,” Neurocomputing, vol. 73, pp. 2089–2096, 2010.
- H.-G. Beyer and H.-P. Schwefel, “Evolution strategies—a comprehensive introduction,” Natural Computing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–52, 2002.
- A. Ratnaweera, S. K. Halgamuge, and H. C. Watson, “Self-organizing hierarchical particle swarm optimizer with time-varying acceleration coefficients,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 240–255, 2004.
- M. Pant, R. Thangaraj, and A. Abraham, “Particle swarm optimization using adaptive mutation,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA '08), pp. 519–523, Turin, Italy, September 2008.
- J. Vesterstrøm and R. Thomsen, “A comparative study of differential evolution, particle swarm optimization, and evolutionary algorithms on numerical benchmark problems,” in Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '04), pp. 1980–1987, June 2004.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, and N. M. Kwok, “Active vision in robotic systems: a survey of recent developments,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1343–1377, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen, J. W. Zhang, H. X. Zhang, N. M. Kwok, and Y. F. Li, “Intelligent lighting control for vision-based robotic manipulation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, pp. 3254–3263, 2012.
- S. Wen, W. Zheng, J. Zhu, X. Li, and S. Chen, “Elman fuzzy adaptive control for obstacle avoidance of mobile robots using hybrid force/position incorporation,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics C, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 603–608, 2012.
- Y. J. Zheng, H. H. Shi, and S. Y. Chen, “Fuzzy combinatorial optimization with multiple ranking criteria: a staged tabu search framework,” Pacific Journal of Optimization, vol. 8, pp. 457–472, 2012.
- K. Wang and Y. J. Zheng, “A new particle swarm optimization algorithm for fuzzy optimization of armored vehicle scheme design,” Applied Intelligence, vol. 37, pp. 520–526, 2012.