- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 212369, 15 pages
Structural Health Monitoring of Tall Buildings with Numerical Integrator and Convex-Concave Hull Classification
1Departamento de Control Automatico, CINVESTAV-IPN, 07360 México, DF, Mexico
2Departamento de Computacion, CINVESTAV-IPN, 07360 México, DF, Mexico
Received 1 September 2012; Accepted 15 November 2012
Academic Editor: Huaguang Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Suresh Thenozhi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. W. Housner, L. A. Bergman, T. K. Caughey et al., “Structural control: past, present, and future,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 123, no. 9, pp. 897–971, 1997.
- F. Moschas and S. Stiros, “Measurement of the dynamic displacements and of the modal frequencies of a short-span pedestrian bridge using GPS and an accelerometer,” Engineering Structures, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 10–17, 2011.
- K. T. Park, S. H. Kim, H. S. Park, and K. W. Lee, “The determination of bridge displacement using measured acceleration,” Engineering Structures, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 371–378, 2005.
- J. J. Lee and M. Shinozuka, “Real-time displacement measurement of a flexible bridge using digital image processing techniques,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 105–114, 2006.
- D. H. Kim and M. Q. Feng, “Real-time structural health monitoring using a novel fiber-optic accelerometer system,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 536–544, 2007.
- A. Jindal and M. Liu, “Networked computing in wireless sensor networks for structural healthmonitoring,” IEEE/Acmtransactions on Networking, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1203–1217, 2012.
- H. P. Gavin, R. Morales, and K. Reilly, “Drift-free integrators,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 2171–2175, 1998.
- J. G. T. Ribeiro, J. T. P. de Castro, and J. L. F. Freire, “Using the FFT—DDI method to measure displacements with piezoelectric, resistive and ICP accelerometers,” in Proceedings of the Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics, 2003.
- Y. L. Xu and B. Chen, “Integrated vibration control and health monitoring of building structures using semi-active friction dampers: part I-methodology,” Engineering Structures, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1789–1801, 2008.
- X. Meng, A. H. Dodson, and G. W. Roberts, “Detecting bridge dynamics with GPS and triaxial accelerometers,” Engineering Structures, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 3178–3184, 2007.
- E. Forstner and H. Wenzel, “The application of data mining in bridge monitoring projects: exploiting time series data of structural health monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 22nd InternationalWorkshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, 2011.
- S. Kalyani, “Classification and assessment of power system security using multiclass SVM,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics C, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 753–758, 2011.
- M. E. Mavroforakis, M. Sdralis, and S. Theodoridis, “A geometric nearest point algorithm for the efficient solution of the SVM classification task,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1545–1549, 2007.
- K. P. Bennett and E. J. Bredensteiner, Geometry in Learning, Geometry at Work, Mathematical Association of America, 2000, Edited by C. Gorini.
- R. L. Graham, “An efficient algorith for determining the convex hull of a finite planar set,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 132–133, 1972.
- R. A. Jarvis, “On the identification of the convex hull of a finite set of points in the plane,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 18–21, 1973.
- F. P. Preparata and S. J. Hong, “Convex hulls of finite sets of points in two and three dimensions,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 87–93, 1977.
- M. Kallay, “The complexity of incremental convex hull algorithms in Rd,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 19, no. 4, p. 197, 1984.
- W. Eddy, “A new convex hull algorithm for planar sets,” ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 398–403, 1977.
- R. Collobert, F. Sinz, J. Weston, and L. Bottou, “Trading convexity for scalability,” in Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML '06), pp. 201–208, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, June 2006.
- A. Link and H. J. Von Martens, “Accelerometer identification using shock excitation,” Measurement, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 191–199, 2004.
- Freescale Semiconductor, “Accelerometer Terminology Guide,” 2007, http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/support_info/SENSORTERMSPG.pdf.
- W. H. Zhu and T. Lamarche, “Velocity estimation by using position and acceleration sensors,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2706–2715, 2007.
- T. S. Edwards, “Effects of aliasing on numerical integration,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 165–176, 2007.
- R. P. Sallen and E. L. Key, “A practical method of designing RC active filters,” IRE Transactions on Circuit Theory, vol. 2, pp. 74–85, 1955.
- B. F. Spencer and M. K. Sain, “Controlling buildings: a new frontier in feedback,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 19–35, 1997.
- A. C. Nerves and R. Krishnan, “Active control strategies for tall civil structures,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 21st International Conference on Industrial Electronics, Control, and Instrumentation, vol. 2, pp. 962–967, November 1995.
- R. Garrido and F. J. Rivero-Angeles, “Hysteresis and parameter estimation of MDOF systems by a continuous-time least squares method,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 237–264, 2006.
- M. E. Mavroforakis and S. Theodoridis, “A geometric approach to support vector machine (SVM) classification,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 671–682, 2006.
- N. Cristianini and J. Shawe-Taylor, An Introduction to Support Vector Machines and other Kernel-Based Learning Methods, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- J. Platt, Fast Training of Support Vector Machine using Sequential Minimal Optimization, Advances in Kernel Methods: Support Vector Machine, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1998.
- C.-C. Chang and C.-J. Lin, “LIBSVM: A library for support vector machines,” 2001, http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm/.
- J. Cervantes, X. Li, W. Yu, and K. Li, “Support vector machine classification for large data sets via minimum enclosing ball clustering,” Neurocomputing, vol. 71, no. 4–6, pp. 611–619, 2008.