- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 216891, 17 pages
Multi-Period Mean-Variance Portfolio Selection with Uncertain Time Horizon When Returns Are Serially Correlated
1School of Mathematics and Computational Science, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
2Department of Applied Mathematics, Guangdong University of Finance, Guangzhou 510521, China
3Lingnan (University) College/Business School, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Received 27 November 2011; Accepted 8 February 2012
Academic Editor: Yun-Gang Liu
Copyright © 2012 Ling Zhang and Zhongfei Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Markowitz, “Portfolio selection,” Journal of Finance, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 77–91, 1952.
- D. Li and W.-L. Ng, “Optimal dynamic portfolio selection: multiperiod mean-variance formulation,” Mathematical Finance, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 387–406, 2000.
- W. J. Guo and Q. Y. Hu, “Multi-period portfolio optimization when exit time is uncertain,” Journal of Management Sciences in China, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 13–19, 2005.
- N. H. Hakansson and T. C. Liu, “Optimal growth portfolios when yields are serially correlated,” Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 385–394, 1970.
- N. H. Hakansson, “On optimal myopic portfolio policies, with and without serial correlation of yields,” Journal of Business, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 324–334, 1971.
- R. J. Balvers and D. W. Mitchell, “Autocorrelated returns and optimal intertemporal portfolio choice,” Management Science, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1537–1551, 1997.
- N. Dokuchaev, “Discrete time market with serial correlations and optimal myopic strategies,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 1090–1104, 2007.
- U. Çelikyurt and S. Özekici, “Multiperiod portfolio optimization models in stochastic markets using the mean-variance approach,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 179, no. 1, pp. 186–202, 2007.
- E. Çanakoğlu and S. Özekici, “Portfolio selection with imperfect information: a hidden Markov model,” Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 95–114, 2011.
- S.-Z. Wei and Z.-X. Ye, “Multi-period optimization portfolio with bankruptcy control in stochastic market,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 414–425, 2007.
- Y. H. Xu and Z. F. Li, “Dynamic portfolio selection based on serially correlated return - Dynamic mean-variance formulation,” System Engineering Theory and Practice, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 123–131, 2008.
- M. E. Yarri, “Uncertain lifetime, life insurance, and the theory of the consumer,” The Review of Economic Studies, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 137–150, 1965.
- N. H. Hakansson, “Optimal investment and consumption strategies under risk, an uncertain lifetime, and insurance,” International Economic Review, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 443–466, 1969.
- R. C. Merton, “Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 373–413, 1971.
- I. Karatzas and H. Wang, “Utility maximization with discretionary stopping,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 306–329, 2000.
- L. Martellini and B. Urošević, “Static mean-variance analysis with uncertain time horizon,” Management Science, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 955–964, 2006.
- D. Huang, S.-S. Zhu, F. J. Fabozzi, and M. Fukushima, “Portfolio selection with uncertain exit time: a robust CVaR approach,” Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 594–623, 2008.
- C. Blanchet-Scalliet, N. El Karoui, M. Jeanblanc, and L. Martellini, “Optimal investment decisions when time-horizon is uncertain,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 1100–1113, 2008.
- L. Yi, Z. Li, and D. Li, “Multi-period portfolio selection for asset-liability management with uncertain investment horizon,” Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 535–552, 2008.