- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 235289, 16 pages
Energy Dependent Divisible Load Theory for Wireless Sensor Network Workload Allocation
1College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
2School of Computer Science and Technology, Shaoxing University, Shaoxing 312000, China
3School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, The University of New South Wales, Sydney 2052, Australia
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 4 December 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Haiyan Shi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Cattani, S. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 3 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, Z. Wang, S. Liu, M. Li, and B. Zhang, “Improved generalized belief propagation for vision processing,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 416963, 12 pages, 2011.
- S. Wen, W. Zheng, J. Zhu, X. Li, and S. Chen, “Elman fuzzy adaptive control for obstacle avoidance of mobile robots using hybrid force/position incorporation,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics C, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 603–608, 2012.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, “Wireless sensor network survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 2292–2330, 2008.
- H. Y. Shi, W. L. Wang, N. M. Kwok, and S. Y. Chen, “Game theory for wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Sensors, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 9055–9097, 2012.
- K. Akkaya and M. Younis, “A survey on routing protocols for wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 325–349, 2005.
- G. Anastasi, M. Conti, M. Di Francesco, and A. Passarella, “Energy conservation in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 537–568, 2009.
- A. Kansal and M. B. Srivastava, “An Environmental Energy Harvesting Framework for Sensor Networks,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED '03), pp. 481–486, August 2003.
- C. K. Toh, “Maximum battery life routing to support ubiquitous mobile computing in wireless ad hoc networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 138–147, 2001.
- H. Y. Shi, N. M. Kwok, and W. L. Wang, “Mechanism penalty for task scheduling in wireless sensor networks,” Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 233–242, 2012.
- T. G. Robertazzi, “Ten reasons to use divisible load theory,” Computer, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 63–68, 2003.
- J. Błażewicz, M. Drozdowski, and M. Markiewicz, “Divisible task scheduling—concept and verification,” Parallel Computing, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 87–98, 1999.
- V. Bharadwaj, D. Ghose, and T. G. Robertazzi, “Divisible load theory: a new paradigm for load scheduling in distributed systems,” Cluster Computing, vol. 6, pp. 7–17, 2003.
- J. Sohn and T. G. Robertazzi, “Optimal time-varying load sharing for divisible loads,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 907–923, 1998.
- J. Sohn, T. G. Robertazzi, and S. Luryi, “Optimizing computing costs using divisible load analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 225–234, 1998.
- O. Beaumont, H. Casanova, A. Legrand, Y. Robert, and Y. Yang, “Scheduling divisible loads on star and tree networks: results and open problems,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 207–218, 2005.
- C. F. Gamboa and T. G. Robertazzi, “Efficient scheduling for sensing and data reporting in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 40th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS '06), pp. 171–176, March 2006.
- M. Moges and T. G. Robertazzi, “Wireless sensor networks: scheduling for measurement and data reporting,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 327–340, 2006.
- M. Drozdowski, “Energy considerations for divisible load processing,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (PPAM '09), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 92–101, 2009.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences (HICSS '00), p. 223, January 2000.
- J. S. Lee and W. L. Cheng, “Fuzzy-logic-based clustering approach for wireless sensor networks using energy prediction,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 2891–2896, 2012.
- J. Xue, M. Li, W. Zhao, and S. Chen, “Bound maxima as a traffic feature under DDOS flood attacks,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 419319, 20 pages, 2012.
- S. Castellucci and M. Carlini, “Modelling and simulation for energy production parametric dependence in greenhouses,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 590943, 28 pages, 2010.
- S. C. Lim, C. H. Eab, K. H. Mak, M. Li, and S. Y. Chen, “Solving linear coupled fractional differential equations by direct operational method and some applications,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 653939, 28 pages, 2012.
- S. Chen, W. Huang, C. Cattani, and G. Altieri, “Traffic dynamics on complex networks: a survey,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 732698, 23 pages, 2012.
- M. Li, S. C. Lim, and S. Chen, “Exact solution of impulse response to a class of fractional oscillators and its stability,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 657839, 9 pages, 2011.
- S. Castellucci, M. Carlini, M. Guerrieri, and T. Honorati, “Stability and control for energy production parametric dependence,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 842380, 21 pages, 2010.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “An application-specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2002.
- M. Younis, M. Youssef, and K. Arisha, “Energy-aware management for cluster-based sensor networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 649–668, 2003.
- S. Fedor and M. Collier, “On the problem of energy efficiency of multi-hop vs one-hop routing in Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and ApplicationsWorkshops/Symposia (AINAW '07), pp. 380–385, May 2007.
- S. Hussain and O. Islam, “An energy efficient spanning tree based multi-hop routing in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '07), pp. 4386–4391, March 2007.
- J. Yu, Y. Qi, G. Wang, Q. Guo, and X. Gu, “An energy-aware distributed unequal clustering protocol for wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2011, Article ID 202145, 8 pages, 2011.
- X. L. Li and J. N. Cao, “Coordinated workload scheduling in hierarchical sensor networks for data fusion applications,” Journal of Computer Science and Technology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 355–364, 2008.
- D. Ghose, H. J. Kim, and T. H. Kim, “Adaptive divisible load scheduling strategies for workstation clusters with unknown network resources,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 897–907, 2005.
- R. Min, M. Bhardwaj, S. H. Cho et al., “Architecture for a power-aware distributed microsensor node,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Signal Processing Systems (SIPS '00), pp. 581–590, October 2000.
- O. Younis and S. Fahmy, “An experimental study of routing and data aggregation in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '05), pp. 50–57, November 2005.
- C. H. Ou, “A localization scheme for wireless sensor networks using mobile anchors with directional antennas,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1607–1616, 2011.
- G. Hou and K. W. Tang, “Evaluation of LEACH protocol subject to different traffic models,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Next Generation Network, pp. 281–283, 2006.