- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 240476, 14 pages
Robot Navigation Control Based on Monocular Images: An Image Processing Algorithm for Obstacle Avoidance Decisions
Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University, Uxbridge UB8 3PH, UK
Received 21 June 2012; Accepted 10 August 2012
Academic Editor: Zidong Wang
Copyright © 2012 William Benn and Stanislao Lauria. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Dong, Z. Wang, and H. Gao, “Distributed filtering for a class of time-varying systems over sensor networks with quantization errors and successive packet dropouts,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 60, no. 6, Article ID Article number6168290, pp. 3164–3173, 2012.
- Z. Wang, B. Shen, H. Shu, and G. Wei, “Quantized control for nonlinear stochastic time-delay systems with missing measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 57, no. 6, Article ID Article number6082385, pp. 1431–1444, 2012.
- J. Esteban, A. Starr, R. Willetts, P. Hannah, and P. Bryanston-Cross, “A review of data fusion models and architectures: towards engineering guidelines,” Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 273–281, 2005.
- A. Saffiotti, “The uses of fuzzy logic in autonomous robot navigation,” Soft Computing, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 180–197, 1997, http://aass.oru.se/~asaffio/.
- G. N. DeSouza and A. C. Kak, “Vision for mobile robot navigation: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 237–267, 2002.
- A. M. Zou, Z. G. Hou, M. Tan, and D. Liu, “Vision-guided mobile robot navigation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC '06), pp. 209–213, April 2006.
- W. Shi and J. Samarabandu, “Corridor line detection for vision based indoor robot navigation,” in Proceedings of the Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE '06), pp. 1988–1991, May 2006.
- N. Ohnishi and A. Imiya, “Dominant plane detection from optical flow for robot navigation,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 1009–1021, 2006.
- K. Van Workum and R. Green, “Smart wheelchair guidance using optical flow,” in Proceedings of the 24th International Conference Image and Vision Computing New Zealand (IVCNZ '09), pp. 7–11, November 2009.
- N. Senthilkumaran and R. Rajesh, “Edge detection techniques for image segmentation a survey of soft computing approaches,” International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 844–846, 2009.
- S. Al-amri, N. V. Kalyankar, and S. D. Khamitkar, “Image segmentation by using edge detection,” International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 804–807, 2010.
- L. Lucchese and S. K. Mitra, “Color image segmentation : a state-of-the-art survey,” Citeseer, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 207–221, 2001.
- R. M. Haralick and L. G. Shapiro, “Image segmentation techniques,” Computer Vision, Graphics, & Image Processing, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 100–132, 1985.
- R. C. Gonzales and R. Woods, Digital Image Processing, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1992.
- N. Otsu, “A threshold selection method from gray-level histograms,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 62–66, 1979.
- H. D. Cheng, X. H. Jiang, Y. Sun, and J. Wang, “Color image segmentation: advances and prospects,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 2259–2281, 2001.
- Y. Yang and B. Wu, “A new and fast multiphase image segmentation model for color images,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 494761, 20 pages, 2012.
- S. Varun, S. Singh, R. Sanjeev Kunte, R. D. Sudhaker Samuel, and B. Philip, “A road traffic signal recognition system based on template matching employing tree classifier,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications (ICCIMA '07), pp. 360–365, December 2007.
- V. Andrey and K. H. Jo, “Automatic detection and recognition of traffic signs using geometric structure analysis,” in Proceedings of the International Joint Conference (SICE-ICASE '06), pp. 1451–1456, October 2006.
- C. Lin, C. H. Su, H. S. Huang, and K. C. Fan, “Colour image segmentation in various illumination circumstances,” in Proceedings of the 9th WSEAS International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Electronics, Control and Signal Processing (CSECS '10), pp. 179–184, Stevens Point, Wis, USA, December 2010.
- E. Nadernejad, S. Sharifzadeh, and H. Hassanpour, “Edge detection techniques: evaluations and comparisons,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 29–32, pp. 1507–1520, 2008.
- D. Ziou and S. Tabbone, “Edge detection techniques - an overview,” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, vol. 8, pp. 537–559, 1998.
- R. Laganiére, OpenCV 2 Computer Vision Application Programming Cookbook, Packt, 2001.
- Z. Wang, B. Shen, and X. Liu, “ filtering with randomly occurring sensor saturations and missing measurements,” Automatica, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 556–562, 2012.
- B. Shen, Z. Wang, and X. Liu, “A stochastic sampled-data approach to distributed filtering in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. I. Regular Papers, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 2237–2246, 2011.