- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 241690, 10 pages
A New Hybrid Method Logistic Regression and Feedforward Neural Network for Lung Cancer Data
Department of Statistics, Faculty of Science and Lecture, Ondokuz Mayis University, 55139 Samsun, Turkey
Received 24 July 2012; Revised 3 October 2012; Accepted 6 November 2012
Academic Editor: Marek Lefik
Copyright © 2012 Taner Tunç. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Dreiseitl and L. Ohno-Machado, “Logistic regression and artificial neural network classification models: a methodology review,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, vol. 35, no. 5-6, pp. 352–359, 2002.
- M. Paliwal and U. A. Kumar, “Neural networks and statistical techniques: a review of applications,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 2–17, 2009.
- I. Kurt, M. Ture, and A. T. Kurum, “Comparing performances of logistic regression, classification and regression tree, and neural networks for predicting coronary artery disease,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 366–374, 2008.
- Y. Oner, T. Tunc, E. Egrioglu, and Y. Atasoy, “Comparisons of logistic regression and artificial neural networks in lung cancer data,” submitted to Scientific Research and Essays.
- C. L. Chang and M. Y. Hsu, “The study that applies artificial intelligence and logistic regression for assistance in differential diagnostic of pancreatic cancer,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 10663–10672, 2009.
- M.-H. Chen and D. K. Dey, “Variable selection for multivariate logistic regression models,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 111, no. 1-2, pp. 37–55, 2003.
- D. Ghosh and Z. Yuan, “An improved model averaging scheme for logistic regression,” Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol. 100, no. 8, pp. 1670–1681, 2009.
- A. Stacey and D. Kildea, “Genetic Algorithm search for Large Logistic Regression models with significant variables,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference Information Technology Interfaces (ITI '00), Pula, Croatia, June 2000.
- J. Pacheco, S. Casado, and L. Núñez, “A variable selection method based on Tabu search for logistic regression models,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 199, no. 2, pp. 506–511, 2009.