- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 241916, 19 pages
Complex Formation Control of Large-Scale Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles
Department of Control Engineering, Naval Aeronautical and Astronautical University, Yantai 264001, China
Received 21 August 2012; Revised 13 October 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jun-Juh Yan
Copyright © 2012 Ming Lei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Balch and R. C. Arkin, “Behavior-based formation control for multirobot teams,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 926–939, 1998.
- Y. Fan, L. Shirong, and D. Deguo, “Robot behavior and service-based motion behavior structure design in formation control,” Robot, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 120–128, 2012.
- R. M. Kuppan Chetty, M. Singaperumal, and T. Nagarajan, “Behavior based multi robot formations with active obstacle avoidance based on switching control strategy,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 433–440, pp. 6630–6635, 2012.
- N. E. Leonard and E. Fiorelli, “Virtual leaders, artificial potentials and coordinated control of groups,” in Proceedings of the 40th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '01), pp. 2968–2973, December 2001.
- K. H. Kowdiki, R. K. Barai, and S. Bhattacharya, “Leader-follower formation control using artificial potential functions: a kinematic approach,” in Proceedings of the ICAESM, pp. 500–505, 2012.
- A. Jadbabaie, J. Lin, and A. S. Morse, “Coordination of groups of mobile autonomous agents using nearest neighbor rules,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 988–1001, 2003.
- M. A. Lewis and K. H. Tan, “High precision formation control of mobile robots using virtual structures autonomous,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 387–403, 1997.
- H. Mehrjerdi, J. Ghommam, and M. Saad, “Nonlinear coordination control for a group of mobile robots using a virtual structure,” Mechatronics, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1147–1155, 2011.
- W. Ren and R. W. Beard, “Decentralized scheme for spacecraft formation flying via the virtual structure approach,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 73–82, 2004.
- J. Hammer, G. Piper, O. Thorp, and J. Watkins, “Investigating virtual structure based control strategies for spacecraft formation maneuvers,” in Proceedings of the AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, pp. 925–930, August 2004.
- J. J. Arrieta-Camacho, L. T. Biegler, and D. Subramanian, “Trajectory control of multiple aircraft: an NMPC approach,” in Proceedings of the Assessment and Future Directions, vol. 358 of Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, pp. 629–639, 2007.
- E.-K. Poh, J.-L. Wang, and K.-V. Ling, “Near optimal tracking solution for input constrained UAV using MPC,” in Proceedings of the AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2010.
- S. Ueno and S. J. Kwon, “Optimal reconfiguration of UAVs in formation flight,” in Proceedings of the SICE Annual Conference (SICE '07), pp. 2611–2614, Kagawa University, Japan, September 2007.
- Z. Xiang-Yin and D. Hai-Bin, “Differential evolution-based receding horizon control design for multi-UVAs formation reconfiguration,” Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, vol. 34, no. 2-3, pp. 165–183, 2012.
- R. Olfati-Saber and R. M. Murray, “Consensus problems in networks of agents with switching topology and time-delays,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1520–1533, 2004.
- P. Lin and Y. Jia, “Consensus of a class of second-order multi-agent systems with time-delay and jointly-connected topologies,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 778–784, 2010.
- W. Ren, R. W. Beard, and E. M. Atkins, “Information consensus in multivehicle cooperative control,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 71–82, 2007.
- W. Ren, “Multi-vehicle consensus with a time-varying reference state,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 56, no. 7-8, pp. 474–483, 2007.
- Y. Hong, J. Hu, and L. Gao, “Tracking control for multi-agent consensus with an active leader and variable topology,” Automatica, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1177–1182, 2006.
- R. Olfati-Saber, J. A. Fax, and R. M. Murray, “Consensus and cooperation in networked multi-agent systems,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 215–233, 2007.
- F. Xiao, L. Wang, J. Chen, and Y. Gao, “Finite-time formation control for multi-agent systems,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 2605–2611, 2009.
- C. W. Reynolds, “Hocks, herds, and schools: A distributed behavioral model,” Computer Graphics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 25–34, 1987.
- R. Olfati-Saber, “Flocking for multi-agent dynamic systems: algorithms and theory,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 401–420, 2006.
- J. Yang, Q. Lu, and X. Lang, “Flocking shape analysis of multi-agent systems,” Science China Technological Sciences, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 741–747, 2010.
- Y. Lu, Y. Guo, and Z. Dong, “Multiagent flocking with formation in a constrained environment,” Journal of Control Theory and Applications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 151–159, 2010.
- W. Ren, “Consensus based formation control strategies for multi-vehicle systems,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 4237–4242, June 2006.
- E. W. Justh and P. S. Krishnaprasad, “Equilibria and steering laws for planar formations,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 25–38, 2004.
- J. A. Fax and R. M. Murray, “Information flow and cooperative control of vehicle formations,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1465–1476, 2004.
- Z. Lin, B. Francis, and M. Maggiore, “Necessary and sufficient graphical conditions for formation control of unicycles,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 121–127, 2005.
- W. Yang, A. L. Bertozzi, and X. Wang, “Stability of a second order consensus algorithm with time delay,” in Proceedings of the 47th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '08), pp. 2926–2931, Cancun, Mexico, December 2008.
- H. Jiangping and H. Yiguang, “Leader-following coordination of multi-agent systems with coupling time delays,” Physica A, vol. 374, no. 2, pp. 853–863, 2007.
- M. de la Sen, “On some structures of stabilizing control laws for linear and time-varying systems with bounded point delays and unmeasurable,” International Journal of Control, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 529–541, 1994.
- A. Ibeas and M. de la Sen, “Robustly stable adaptive control of a tandem of master-slave robotic manipulators with force reflection by using a multiestimation scheme,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1162–1179, 2006.
- M. de la Sen and A. Ibeas, “On the global asymptotic stability of switched linear time-varying systems with constant point delays,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2008, Article ID 231710, 31 pages, 2008.
- G. Lafferriere, A. Williams, J. Caughman, and J. J. P. Veerman, “Decentralized control of vehicle formations,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 899–910, 2005.
- L. Bakule and M. Papík, “Decentralized control and communication,” Annual Reviews in Control, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2012.