- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 270649, 23 pages
An Adaptive Variable Structure Control Scheme for Underactuated Mechanical Manipulators
1Department of Vehicle Engineering, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung 91201, Taiwan
2Department of Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Engineering, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan
Received 10 August 2012; Accepted 20 October 2012
Academic Editor: Zhijian Ji
Copyright © 2012 Jung Hua Yang and Kuang Shine Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Fantoni and R. Lozano, Non-Linear Control for Underactuated Mechanical Systems, Springer, 2002.
- A. M. Bloch, Nonholonomic mechanics and control, vol. 24 of Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- J. Hu and C. Huang, “Simulation on multiple impulse correction control system of rockets,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA '07), pp. 1518–1522, August 2007.
- Y. J. Huang, T. C. Kuo, and H. K. Way, “Robust vertical takeoff and landing aircraft control via integral sliding mode,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 150, no. 4, pp. 383–388, 2003.
- F. M. C. Ching and D. Wang, “Exact solution and infinite-dimensional stability analysis of a single flexible link in collision,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1015–1020, 2003.
- S. Awtar, N. King, T. Allen et al., “Inverted pendulum systems: rotary and arm-driven—a mechatronic system design case study,” Mechatronics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 357–370, 2002.
- W. Wang, J. Yi, D. Zhao, and D. Liu, “Design of a stable sliding-mode controller for a class of second-order underactuated systems,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 151, no. 6, pp. 683–690, 2004.
- Y. Hao, J. Yi, D. Zhao, and W. Wang, “Proposal of incremental sliding mode control,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control (ICICIC '06), pp. 340–343, September 2006.
- J. Acosta, R. Ortega, A. Astolfi, and A. D. Mahindrakar, “Interconnection and damping assignment passivity-based control of mechanical systems with underactuation degree one,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 1936–1955, 2005.
- R. Ortega, M. W. Spong, F. Gómez-Estern, and G. Blankenstein, “Stabilization of a class of underactuated mechanical systems via interconnection and damping assignment,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1218–1233, 2002.
- J. Hauser, S. Sastry, and P. Kokotović, “Nonlinear control via approximate input-output linearization: the ball and beam example,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 392–398, 1992.
- K. S. Narendra and A. M. Annaswamy, Stable Adaptive Systems, Prentice Hall, 1989.
- V. I. Utkin, Sliding Modes in Control and Optimization, Communications and Control Engineering Series, Springer, Berlin, Germnay, 1992.
- X. Yu and O. Kaynak, “Sliding-mode control with soft computing: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 3275–3285, 2009.
- A. van der Schaft, L2 Gain and Passivity Techniques in Nonlinear Control, Springer, 1996.
- R. Sepulchre, M. Jankovic, and P. Kokotovic, Constructructive Nonlinear Control, Springer, 1997.
- M. Krstic, I. Kanellakopoulos, and P. Kokotovic, Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Design, John Wiley & Sons, 1995.
- Y. Zhang and P. Y. Peng, “Stable neural controller design for unknown nonlinear systems using backstepping,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 1067–1071, June 1999.
- S. C. Tong, X. L. He, and H. G. Zhang, “A combined backstepping and small-gain approach to robust adaptive fuzzy output feedback control,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1059–1069, 2009.
- S. Tong, C. Liu, and Y. Li, “Fuzzy-adaptive decentralized output-feedback control for large-scale nonlinear systems with dynamical uncertainties,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 845–861, 2010.
- A. Ibeas and M. de la Sen, “Robustly stable adaptive control of a tandem of master-slave robotic manipulators with force reflection by using a multiestimation scheme,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1162–1179, 2006.
- S. Tong and H. X. Li, “Fuzzy adaptive sliding-mode control for MIMO nonlinear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 354–360, 2003.
- M. S. Park and D. Chwa, “Swing-up and stabilization control of inverted-pendulum systems via coupled sliding-mode control method,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 3541–3555, 2009.
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear System, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1996.