- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 273530, 24 pages
A Novel Method for Technology Forecasting and Developing R&D Strategy of Building Integrated Photovoltaic Technology Industry
1Department of Business Administration, Chung Yuan Christian University, 200 Chung Pei Road, Chung Li 32023, Taiwan
2Department of Construction Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, No. 43, Section 4, Keelung Road, Da'an District, Taipei City 106, Taiwan
Received 24 February 2012; Revised 17 May 2012; Accepted 22 May 2012
Academic Editor: Jung-Fa Tsai
Copyright © 2012 Yu-Jing Chiu and Tao-Ming Ying. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. J. Liu and J. Shyu, “Strategic planning for technology development with patent analysis,” International Journal of Technology Management, vol. 13, no. 5-6, pp. 661–680, 1997.
- J. L. Chen, S. J. Liu, and C. H. Tseng, “Technological innovation and strategy adaptation in the product life cycle,” Technology Management: Strategies and Application, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 183–202, 2000.
- S. Kuznets, “Innovative activity: problems of definition and measurement,” in The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity, R. Nelson, Ed., Princeton University Press, New Jersey, NY, USA, 1962.
- B. H. Hall, Z. Griliches, and J. A. Hausman, “Patents and R&D: is there a lag?” International Economic Review, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 265–283, 1986.
- H. Ernst, “The use of patent data for technological forecasting: the diffusion of CNC-technology in the machine tool industry,” Small Business Economics, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 361–381, 1997.
- S. B. Chang, Establishing two stages technological positions model: derived from the patent analysis of business method [Doctoral dissertation], National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Yunlin, Taiwan, 2004.
- W. Barroso, L. Quoniam, and E. Pacheco, “Patents as technological information in Latin America,” World Patent Information, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 207–215, 2009.
- B. P. Abraham and S. D. Moitra, “Innovation assessment through patent analysis,” Technovation, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 245–252, 2001.
- H. Ernst, “Patenting strategies in the German mechanical engineering industry and their relationship to company performance,” Technovation, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 225–240, 1995.
- C. H. Guo, “Taiwan solar cell patent application for the current situation,” Guang Lian: Guang Dian Chan Ye Ji Ji Shu Xue Bao, vol. 76, pp. 50–56, 2008 (Chinese).
- Y. B. Chen and X. Y. Cheng, “Solar cell patent analysis and development trends,” in Proceedings of the ITRI Innovation and Technology Management Conference, pp. 1–8, 2006.
- A. G. Hu, “The regionalization of knowledge flows in East Asia: evidence from patent citations data,” World Development, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1465–1477, 2009.
- R. J. W. Tijssen, “Global and domestic utilization of industrial relevant science: patent citation analysis of science—technology interactions and knowledge flows,” Research Policy, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 35–54, 2001.
- C. V. Trappey, H. Y. Wu, F. Taghaboni-Dutta, and A. J. C. Trappey, “Using patent data for technology forecasting: China RFID patent analysis,” Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 53–64, 2011.
- C. Choi and Y. Park, “Monitoring the organic structure of technology based on the patent development paths,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 754–768, 2009.
- Y. H. Chen, C. Y. Chen, and S. C. Lee, “Technology forecasting and patent strategy of hydrogen energy and fuel cell technologies,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 6957–6969, 2011 (Chinese).
- A. C. Cheng, C. J. Chen, and C. Y. Chen, “A fuzzy multiple criteria comparison of technology forecasting methods for predicting the new materials development,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 131–141, 2008.
- W. B. Ashton and R. K. Sen, “Using patent information in technology business planning-II,” Research Technology Management, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 36–42, 1989.
- S. M. Millett and E. J. Honton, A Manager's Guide to Technology Forecasting and Strategy Analysis Methods, Battelle Press, Ohio, USA, 1991.
- A. L. Porter, Forecasting and Management of Technology, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- S. T. Yeh, “Design application and case study of BIPV in Taiwan,” in Proceedings of the 4th Architectural Forum in Taiwan—The Wisdom of Building and Eco-City, National Federation of the Architects Association of the Republic of China, 2007.
- T. Liour, C. W. Chen, C. B. Chen, and C. C. Chen, “White-light LED lighting technology life cycle forecasting and its National and company-wide competitiveness,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Asia Pacific Business Innovation & Technology Management, pp. 1–14, 2011.
- W. T. Chang, Technology development and corporation competence in magneto-resistive random access memory: a study base on USPTO patent [Master’s dissertation], Frng Chia University, Taiwan, 2007.