- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 301628, 10 pages
Optimum Design of Gravity Retaining Walls Using Charged System Search Algorithm
1Marand Faculty of Engineering, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
2Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
3Department of Civil Engineering, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
4Department of Civil Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Maragheh Branch, Maragheh, Iran
Received 6 June 2012; Accepted 11 September 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 S. Talatahari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Roy, S. Hinduja, and R. Teti, “Recent advances in engineering design optimisation: challenges and future trends,” CIRP Annals, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 697–715, 2008.
- M. Li, S. C. Lim, and S. Chen, “Exact solution of impulse response to a class of fractional oscillators and its stability,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 657839, 9 pages, 2011.
- S. Chen, Y. Wang, and C. Cattani, “Key issues in modeling of complex 3D structures from video sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 856523, 17 pages, 2012.
- A. H. Gandomi, X.-S. Yang, and A. H. Alavi, “Mixed variable structural optimization using firefly algorithm,” Computers and Structers, vol. 89, no. 23-24, pp. 2325–2336, 2011.
- A. H. Gandomi, X. -S. Yang, and A. H. Alavi, “Cuckoo search algorithm: a metaheuristic approach to solve structural optimization problems,” Engineering Computations. In press.
- A. H. Gandomi and A. H. Alavi, “Krill Herd: A new bio-inspired optimization algorithm,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 4831–4845, 2012.
- S. Chen, Y. Zheng, C. Cattani, and W. Wang, “Modeling of biological intelligence for SCM system optimization,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 769702, 30 pages, 2012.
- S. Okabe, “General theory of earth pressure,” Japanese Society of Civil Engineers, vol. 2, no. 1, 1926.
- N. Mononobe, “Earthquake proof construction of masonry dams,” in Proceedings of the World Engineering Congress, pp. 275–293, Tokyo, Japan, 1929.
- P. N. Psarropoulos, G. Klonaris, and G. Gazetas, “Seismic earth pressures on rigid and flexible retaining walls,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, vol. 25, no. 7–10, pp. 795–809, 2005.
- Y. Yeung and K. Ho, Gravity Retaining Walls Subject to Seismic Loading, Civil Engineering Department, Hong Kong, China, 1994.
- A. Kaveh and A. Shakouri Mahmud Abadi, “Harmony search based algorithms for the optimum cost design of reinforced concrete cantilever retaining walls,” International Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- A. C. Trandafir, T. Kamai, R. C. Sidle, and M. Popescu, “Seismic retrofit of gravity retaining walls for residential fills using ground anchors,” Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 679–691, 2007.
- A. Kaveh and S. Talatahari, “Optimal design of skeletal structures via the charged system search algorithm,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 893–911, 2010.
- A. Kaveh, S. Talatahari, and R. Sheikholeslami, “Optimum seismic design of gravity retaining walls using the heuristic big bang-big crunch algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Soft Computing Technology in Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering, B. H. V. Topping and Y. Tsompanakis, Eds., Paper 4, Civil-Comp Press, 2011.