- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 302482, 12 pages
Direct Index Method of Beam Damage Location Detection Based on Difference Theory of Strain Modal Shapes and the Genetic Algorithms Application
1Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Dalian University of Technology,
Dalian 116024, China
2School of Mechanical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Rui Mu
Copyright © 2012 Bao Zhenming et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Basseville, A. Benveniste, B. Gach-Devauchelle et al., “In situ damage monitoring in vibration mechanics: diagnostics and predictive maintenance,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 401–423, 1993.
- J. K. Vandiver, “Detection of the Structural failure of fixed platforms by measurement of dynamic response,” in Proceeding of the Offshore Conference Society of Petroleum Engineering, pp. 243–252, Richaedson, Tex, USA, 1975.
- R. N. Coppolino and S. Rubin, “Detectability of structural failure in off-shore platforms by ambient vibration monitoring,” in Proceedings of the Offshore Conference Society of Petroleum Engineering, pp. 101–110, Richardson, Tex, USA, May 1975.
- D. J. Ewins, 1984 Modal Testing: Theory and Practice, Wiley, New York, 1980.
- B. S. Wang, X. B. Liang, Y. Q. Ni, et al., “Comparative study of damage indices in application to a long-span suspension bridge,” in Advance in Structural Dynamics, pp. 1085–1092, Elsevier Science Ltd, Oxford, UK, 2000.
- Y. Y. Lee and K. W. Liew, “Detection of damage location in a beam using the wavelet analysis,” International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 455–465, 2001.
- J. T. Kim, S. H. Jung, Y. K. Lee, and J. W. Yun, “Damage identification in bridge using vibration-based system identification scheme,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Modal Analysis Conference (IMAC '00), pp. 1327–1333, San Antonio, Tex, USA, 2000.
- J. T. Kim and N. Stubbs, “Model-uncertainty impact and damage-detection accuracy in plate girder,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 121, no. 10, pp. 1409–1417, 1995.
- P. Y. Gu, M. Deng, and F. S. Wu, Structure Mode Analysis and Damage Diagnosis, Southeast University Press, Missouri, Mo, USA, 2008.
- M. I. Friswell, J. E. T. Penny, and S. D. Garvey, “A combined genetic and eigensensitivity algorithm for the location of damage in structures,” Computers and Structures, vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 547–556, 1998.
- W. J. Yi and X. Liu, “Damage diagnosis of structures by genetic algorithms,” Engineering Mechanics, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 64–71, 2001.
- C. Mares and C. Surace, “An application of genetic algorithms to identify damage in elastic structures,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 195, no. 2, pp. 195–215, 1996.
- S. Rajeev and C. S. Krishnamoorthy, “Discrete optimization of structures using genetic algorithms,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 1233–1250, 1992.
- W. M. Jenkins, “Plane frame optimum design environment based on genetic algorithm,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 118, no. 11, pp. 3103–3112, 1992.
- W. M. Jenkins, “Towards structural optimization via the genetic algorithm,” Computers and Structures, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 1321–1327, 1991.
- A. J. Keane, “Passive vibration control via unusual geometries: the application of genetic algorithm optimization to structural design,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 185, no. 3, pp. 441–453, 1995.
- B. Yu and Z. Z. Yang, “An ant colony optimization model: the period vehicle routing problem with time windows,” Transportation Research E, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 166–181, 2011.
- B. Yu, Z. Z. Yang, and S. Li, “Real-time partway deadheading strategy based on transit service reliability assessment,” Transportation Research A, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 1265–1279, 2012.
- B. Yu, Z. Z. Yang, P. H. Jin, S.-H. Wu, and B. Z. Yao, “Transit route network design using ant colony optimization,” Transportation Research C, vol. 22, pp. 58–75, 2012.
- B. Yu, Z. Z. Yang, and B. Yao, “An improved ant colony optimization for vehicle routing problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 171–176, 2009.