- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 305384, 12 pages
A New Texture Synthesis Algorithm Based on Wavelet Packet Tree
1Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National United University, Miaoli 36003, Taiwan
2Department of Electronics Engineering, Chung Hua University, Hsinchu City 30012, Taiwan
3Department of Mathematics, University of Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, 84084 Fisciano, Italy
Received 14 February 2012; Accepted 15 March 2012
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2012 Hsi Chin Hsin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series–a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- C. Cattani, G. Pierro, and G. Altieri, “Entropy and multifractality for the myeloma multiple TET 2 gene,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 193761, 14 pages, 2012.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Visiting power laws in cyber-physical networking systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 302786, 13 pages, 2012.
- A. Hausner, “Simulating decorative mosaics,” in Computer Graphics Annual Conference (SIGGRAPH '01), pp. 573–580, August 2001.
- F. Neyret, “Modeling, animating, and rendering complex scenes using volumetric textures,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 55–70, 1998.
- X. Tong, J. Zhang, L. Liu, X. Wang, B. Guo, and H. Y. Shum, “Synthesis of bidirectional texture functions on arbitrary surfaces,” ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 665–672, 2002.
- E. Risser, C. Han, R. Dahyot, and E. Grinspun, “Synthesizing structured image hybrids,” ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 29, no. 4, article no. 85, 2010.
- N. Pietroni, P. Cignoni, M. Otaduy, and R. Scopigno, “Solid-texture synthesis: a survey,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 74–89, 2010.
- Y. Xu, B. Guo, and H. Y. Shum, “Chaos mosaic: fast and memory efficient texture synthesis,” MSR-TR-2000-32, Microsoft Research, 2000.
- J. Portilla and E. P. Simoncelli, “Parametric texture model based on joint statistics of complex wavelet coefficients,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 49–71, 2000.
- A. A. Efros and T. K. Leung, “Texture synthesis by non-parametric sampling,” in 7th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV '99), pp. 1033–1038, September 1999.
- L. Y. Wei and M. Levoy, “Order independent texture synthesis,” Stanford Computer Science TR-2002-01, 2002.
- A. A. Efros and W. T. Freeman, “Image quilting for texture synthesis and transfer,” in Computer Graphics Annual Conference (SIGGRAPH '01), pp. 341–346, August 2001.
- L. Liang, C. Liu, Y. Xu, B. Guo, and H. Y. Shum, “Real-time texture synthesis using patch-based sampling,” ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 127–150, 2001.
- V. Kwatra, A. Schödl, I. Essa, G. Turk, and A. Bobick, “Graphcut textures: image and video synthesis using graph cuts,” ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 277–286, 2003.
- C.-W. Fang and J.-J. J. Lien, “Rapid image completion system using multiresolution patch-based directional and nondirectional approaches,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 2769–2779, 2009.
- J. S. De Bonet, “Multiresolution sampling procedure for analysis and synthesis of texture images,” in Conference on Computer Graphics (SIGGRAPH '97), pp. 361–368, August 1997.
- P. J. Burt and E. H. Adelson, “The laplacian pyramid as a compact image code,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 532–540, 1983.
- P. J. Burt, “Fast algorithms for estimating local image properties.,” Computer Vision, Graphics, & Image Processing, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 368–382, 1983.
- L. Y. Wei and M. Levoy, “Fast texture synthesis using tree-structured vector quantization,” in Computer Graphics Annual Conference (SIGGRAPH '00), pp. 479–488, July 2000.
- G. Strang and T. Nguyen, Wavelets and Filter Banks, Wellesley-Cambridge Press, Wellesley, Mass, USA, 1996.
- C. K. Su, H. C. Hsin, and S. F. Lin, “Wavelet tree classification and hybrid coding for image compression,” IEE Proceedings—Vision, Image, and Signal Processing, vol. 152, no. 6, pp. 752–756, 2005.
- C. Cattani and J. Rushchitsky, Wavelet and Wave Analysis as Applied to Materials with Micro or Nanostructure, vol. 74 of Series on Advances in Mathematics for Applied Sciences, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2007.
- Z. W. Liao, S. X. Hu, M. Li, and W. Chen, “Noise estimation for single-slice sinogram of low-dose X-ray computed tomography using homogenous patch,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 696212, 16 pages, 2012.
- M. Li, C. Cattani, and S. Y. Chen, “Viewing sea level by a one-dimensional random function with long memory,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 654284, 13 pages, 2011.
- J. W. Yanga, M. Li, Z. Chen, and Y. Chen, “Cutting affine invariant moments,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering. In press.
- B. Chen and W.-S. Chen, “Noisy image segmentation based on wavelet transform and active contour model,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 90, no. 8, pp. 1243–1255, 2011.
- B. Chen, P. C. Yuen, J. H. Lai, and W. S. Chen, “Image segmentation and selective smoothing based on variational framework,” Journal of Signal Processing Systems, vol. 54, no. 1–3, pp. 145–158, 2009.
- B. Chen, Y. Li, and J. L. Cai, “Noisy image segmentation based on nonlinear diffusion equation model,” Applied Mathematical Modeling, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 1197–1208, 2012.
- Y. Yu, J. Luo, and C. W. Chen, “Multiresolution block sampling-based method for texture synthesis,” in 16th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '02), pp. 239–242, 2002.
- H. F. Cui, X. Zheng, and T. Ruan, “An efficient texture synthesis algorithm based on WT,” in 7th International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC '08), pp. 3472–3477, July 2008.
- T. Y. Sung and H. C. Hsin, “An efficient rearrangement of wavelet packet coefficients for embedded image coding based on SPIHT algorithm,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, vol. E90-A, no. 9, pp. 2014–2020, 2007.
- N. M. Rajpoot, R. G. Wilson, F. G. Meyer, and R. R. Coifman, “Adaptive wavelet packet basis selection for zerotree image coding,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1460–1472, 2003.
- H. C. Hsin and T. Y. Sung, “Adaptive selection and rearrangement of wavelet packets for quad-tree image coding,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, vol. E91-A, no. 9, pp. 2655–2662, 2008.