- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 321574, 20 pages
Daily Commute Time Prediction Based on Genetic Algorithm
1College of Transportation, Jilin University, RenMin Street 5988, Changchun 130022, China
2Department of Civil Engineering, City College of New York, 160 Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031, USA
3Transportation College, Dalian Maritime University, Dalian 116026, China
4College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University of Technology, 288 Liuhe Road, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 20 September 2012; Accepted 30 October 2012
Academic Editor: Baozhen Yao
Copyright © 2012 Fang Zong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. B. Sundo and S. Fujii, “The effects of a compressed working week on commuters' daily activity patterns,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 835–848, 2005.
- F. Zong, Z. Juan, and H. Jia, “Examination of staggered shifts impacts on travel behavior: a case study of Beijing,” Transport, STRA-2011-0129.R1, Forthcoming, 2011.
- K. Ozbay and O. Yanmaz-Tuzel, “Valuation of travel time and departure time choice in the presence of time-of-day pricing,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 577–590, 2008.
- R. Hung, “Using compressed workweeks to reduce work commuting,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 11–19, 1996.
- G. Giuliano and T. F. Golob, “Staggered work hours for traffic management: a case study,” Transport Research Record, vol. 1280, pp. 46–58, 1990.
- C. Raux, T. Y. Ma, I. Joly, V. Kaufmann, E. Cornelis, and N. Ovtracht, “Travel and activity time allocation: an empirical comparison between eight cities in Europe,” Transport Policy, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 401–412, 2011.
- D. Ettema, F. Bastin, J. Polak, and O. Ashiru, “Modelling the joint choice of activity timing and duration,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 827–841, 2007.
- P. Vovsha and M. Bradley, “Hybrid discrete choice departure-time and duration model for scheduling travel tours,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1894, pp. 46–56, 2004.
- S. Fujii and R. Kitamura, “Evaluation of trip-inducing effects of new freeways using a structural equations model system of commuters' time use and travel,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 339–354, 2000.
- M. M. Hamed and F. L. Mannering, “Modeling travelers' postwork activity involvement: toward a new methodology,” Transportation Science, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 381–394, 1993.
- C. R. Bhat and S. K. Singh, “A comprehensive daily activity-travel generation model system for workers,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 2000.
- K. M. N. Habib, N. Day, and E. J. Miller, “An investigation of commuting trip timing and mode choice in the Greater Toronto Area: application of a joint discrete-continuous model,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 639–653, 2009.
- X. Zhang, H. J. Huang, and H. M. Zhang, “Integrated daily commuting patterns and optimal road tolls and parking fees in a linear city,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 38–56, 2008.
- B. Dong, C. Cao, and S. E. Lee, “Applying support vector machines to predict building energy consumption in tropical region,” Energy and Buildings, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 545–553, 2005.
- P. F. Pai, “System reliability forecasting by support vector machines with genetic algorithms,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 262–274, 2006.
- J. L. Bowman and M. E. Ben-Akiva, “Activity-based disaggregate travel demand model system with activity schedules,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 1–28, 2000.
- K. A. Small, “The scheduling of consumer activities: work trips,” American Economic Review, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 467–479, 1982.
- C. R. Bhat, “Analysis of travel mode and departure time choice for urban shopping trips,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 32B, no. 6, pp. 361–371, 1998.
- K. A. Small, “A discrete choice model for ordered alternatives,” Econometrica, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 409–424, 1987.
- C. R. Bhat, “A hazard-based duration model of shopping activity with nonparametric baseline specification and nonparametric control for unobserved heterogeneity,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 189–207, 1996.
- C. R. Bhat, “A generalized multiple durations proportional hazard model with an application to activity behavior during the evening work-to-home commute,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 465–480, 1996.
- Z. C. Juan and J. C. Xianyu, “Daily travel time analysis with duration model,” Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 62–67, 2010.
- C. R. Bhat and J. L. Steed, “A continuous-time model of departure time choice for urban shopping trips,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 207–224, 2002.
- D. Janssens, Y. Lan, G. Wets, and G. Chen, “Allocating time and location information to activity-travel patterns through reinforcement learning,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 466–477, 2007.
- K. M. N. Habib, “Modeling commuting mode choice jointly with work start time and work duration,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 46, pp. 33–47, 2012.
- T. Schwanen and M. Dijst, “Travel-time ratios for visits to the workplace: the relationship between commuting time and work duration,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 573–592, 2002.
- R. M. Pendyala and C. R. Bhat, “An exploration of the relationship between timing and duration of maintenance activities,” Transportation, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 429–456, 2004.
- K. M. N. Habib, J. A. Carrasco, and E. J. Miller, “Social context of activity scheduling: discrete-continuous model of relationship between "with whom" and episode start time and duration,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2076, pp. 81–87, 2008.
- A. H. Wright, “Genetic algorithms for real parameter optimization,” in Foundations of Genetic Algorithms, J. E. Rawlins, Ed., pp. 205–218, Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, Calif, USA, 1991.
- N. Ahmad and A. F. M. A. Haque, “Optimization of process planning parameters for rotational components by genetic algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Mechanical Engineering, vol. 7, pp. 227–233, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2001.
- J. B. . Yao, B. Z. Yao, L. Li, and Y. L. Jiang, “Hybrid model for displacement prediction of tunnel surrounding,” Neural Network World, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 263–275, 2012.