- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 325785, 26 pages
Fractional Directional Differentiation and Its Application for Multiscale Texture Enhancement
1College of Information Science and Technology, Chengdu University, Chengdu 610106, China
2School of Computer Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
Received 11 June 2012; Revised 24 July 2012; Accepted 26 July 2012
Academic Editor: Kwok-Wo Wong
Copyright © 2012 Chaobang Gao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- A. Babakhani, D. Baleanu, and R. Khanbabaie, “Hopf bifurcation for a class of fractional differential equations with delay,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 721–729, 2012.
- S. Bhalekar, V. Daftardar-gejji, D. Baleanu, and R. Magin, “Generalized fractional order bloch equation with extended delay,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 22, no. 4, Article ID 1250071, 15 pages, 2012.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- M. A. E. Herzallah and D. Baleanu, “Fractional Euler-Lagrange equations revisited,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 977–982, 2012.
- D. Baleanu, “New applications of fractional variational principles,” Reports on Mathematical Physics, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 199–206, 2008.
- M.-P. Chen and H. M. Srivastava, “Fractional calculus operators and their applications involving power functions and summation of series,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 81, no. 2-3, pp. 287–304, 1997.
- N. Engheta, “On fractional calculus and fractional multipoles in electromagnetism,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 554–566, 1996.
- J. Sabatier, O. P. Agrawal, and J. A. Tenreiro Machado, Advances in Fractional Calculus: Theoretical Developments and Applications in Physics and Engineering, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2007.
- P. Janney and G. Geers, “Texture classification using invariant features of local textures,” IET Image Processing, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 158–171, 2010.
- R. M. Haralick, K. Shanmugam, and I. Dinstein, “Textural features for image classification,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 610–621, 1973.
- C. B. Gao, J. L. Zhou, J. R. Hu, and F. N. Lang, “Edge detection of colour image based on quaternion fractional differential,” IET Image Processing, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 261–272, 2011.
- C. B. Gao and J. L. Zhou, “Image enhancement based on quaternion fractional-order directional differentiation,” Acta Automatica Sinica, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 150–159, 2011 (Chinese).
- C. Gao, J. Zhou, X. Zheng, and F. Lang, “Image enhancement based on improved fractional differentiation,” Journal of Computational Information Systems, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 257–264, 2011.
- Y.-F. Pu, J.-L. Zhou, and X. Yuan, “Fractional differential mask: a fractional differential-based approach for multiscale texture enhancement,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 491–511, 2010.
- C. Gao, “On power series of functions in several variables,” College Mathematics, no. 3, pp. 125–129, 2007 (Chinese).
- Y. T. Bai, Y. F. Luo, and Y. X. Hu :, “The fractional integration and differentiation and their series expansions,” Journal of Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 68–75, 1993 (Chinese).
- C. E. Shannon, “A mathematical theory of communication,” The Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 27, pp. 379–423, 1948.
- John S. Weszka and Azriel Rosenfeld, “Histogram modification for threshold selection,” IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 38–52, 1979.
- A. M. Groenewald, E. Barnard, and E. C. Botha, “Related approaches to gradient-based thresholding,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 567–572, 1993.