- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 326830, 17 pages
Transient and Stationary Losses in a Finite-Buffer Queue with Batch Arrivals
Institute of Informatics, Silesian University of Technology, Akademicka 16, 44-100 Gliwice, Poland
Received 10 July 2012; Accepted 12 November 2012
Academic Editor: Joao B. R. Do Val
Copyright © 2012 Andrzej Chydzinski and Blazej Adamczyk. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Takagi, Queueing Analysis—Finite Systems, vol. 2, North-Holland Publishing, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1993.
- N. K. Kim and K. C. Chae, “Transform-free analysis of the queue through the decomposed Little's formula,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 353–365, 2003.
- D. R. Manfield and P. Tran-Gia, “Analysis of a finite storage system with batch input arising out of message packetization,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 456–463, 1982.
- A. Chydzinski, R. Wojcicki, and G. Hryn, “On the number of losses in an MMPP queue,” in Next Generation Teletraffic and Wired/Wireless Advanced Networking, vol. 4712 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 38–48, 2007.
- F. N. Gouweleeuw, “The loss probability in finite-buffer queues with batch arrivals and complete rejection,” Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, vol. 8, pp. 221–227, 1994.
- H. C. Tijms, “Heuristics for finite-buffer queues,” Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 227–285, 1992.
- M. Bratiychuk and A. Chydzinski, “On the loss process in a batch arrival queue,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 3565–3577, 2009.
- A. Baiocchi and B. MElazzi, “Steady-state analysis of the MMPP/G/1/K queue,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 531–534, 1993.
- R. Nagarajan, J. F. Kurose, and D. Towsley, “Approximation techniques for computing packet loss in finite-buffered voice multiplexers,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 368–377, 1991.
- N. B. Shroff and M. Schwartz, “Improved loss calculations at an ATM multiplexer,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 411–421, 1998.
- A. N. Dudin, A. A. Shaban, and V. I. Klimenok, “Analysis of a queue in the BMAP/G/1/N system,” International Journal of Simulation, vol. 6, no. 1-2, pp. 13–23, 2005.
- D. M. Lucantoni, “New results on the single server queue with a batch Markovian arrival process,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–46, 1991.
- L. Breuer, “An EM algorithm for batch Markovian arrival processes and its comparison to a simpler estimation procedure,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 112, pp. 123–138, 2002.
- A. Klemm, C. Lindemann, and M. Lohmann, “Modeling IP traffic using the batch Markovian arrival process,” Performance Evaluation, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 149–173, 2003.
- P. Salvador, A. Pacheco, and R. Valadas, “Modeling IP traffic: Joint characterization of packet arrivals and packet sizes using BMAPs,” Computer Networks, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 335–352, 2004.
- S. Chakravarthy, “The batch markovian arrival process: a review and future work,” in Advances in Probability and Stochastic Processes, A. Krishnamoorthy, et al., Ed., pp. 21–49, Notable Publications, Neshanic Station, NJ, USA, 2001.
- A. Chydzinski, “The oscillating queue with finite buffer,” Performance Evaluation, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 341–355, 2004.
- A. Chydzinski, “Time to reach buffer capacity in a BMAP queue,” Stochastic Models, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 195–209, 2007.
- J. Abate, G. L. Choudhury, and W. Whitt, “An introduction to numerical transform inversion and its application to probability models,” in Computational Probability, W. Grassman, Ed., pp. 257–323, Kluwer, Boston, Mass, USA, 2000.