- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 329489, 18 pages
Bayesian Analysis of the Survival Function and Failure Rate of Weibull Distribution with Censored Data
1Institute for Mathematical Research, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Department of Mathematics, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 17 August 2012; Accepted 18 September 2012
Academic Editor: Carlo Cattani
Copyright © 2012 Chris Bambey Guure and Noor Akma Ibrahim. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. F. Lawless, Statistical Models and Methods for Lifetime Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- H. Rinne, The Weibull Distribution, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group LLC, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- S. K. Sinha, “Bayes estimation of the reliability function and hazard rate of a weibull failure time distribution,” Tranbajos De Estadistica, vol. 1, pp. 47–56, 1986.
- A. A. Abdel-Wahid and A. Winterbottom, “Approximate Bayesian estimates for the Weibull reliability function and hazard rate from censored data,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 277–283, 1987.
- M. A. Al Omari and N. A. Ibrahim, “Bayesian survival estimation estimation for weibull distribution with censored data,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 11, pp. 393–396, 2011.
- C. B. Guure, N. A. Ibrahim, and A. M. Al Omari, “Bayesian estimation of two-parameter weibull distribution using extension of Jeffreys’ prior information with three loss functions,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 589640, 13 pages, 2012.
- H. Syuan-Rong and W. Shuo-Jye, “Bayesian estimation and prediction for weibull model with progressive censoring,” Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, pp. 1–14, 2011.
- C. Cattani and A. Ciancio, “Separable transition density in the hybrid model for tumor-immune system competition,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 610124, 6 pages, 2012.
- X. Wang, M. Xia, C. Huiwen, Y. Gao, and C. Cattani, “Hidden-markov-models-based dynamic hand gesture recognition,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 986134, 11 pages, 2012.
- C. Cattani, “On the existence of wavelet symmetries in archaea DNA,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 673934, 21 pages, 2012.
- C. Cattani, “Fractional calculus and shannon wavelet,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 502812, 26 pages, 2012.
- R. D. Gupta and D. Kundu, “Generalized exponential distribution: different method of estimations,” Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 315–337, 2001.
- A. Zellner, “Bayesian estimation and prediction using asymmetric loss functions,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 81, no. 394, pp. 446–451, 1986.
- F. M. Al-Aboud, “Bayesian estimations for the extreme value distribution using progressive censored data and asymmetric loss,” International Mathematical Forum, vol. 4, no. 33–36, pp. 1603–1622, 2009.
- F. M. Al-Athari, “Parameter estimation for the double-pareto distribution,” Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 289–294, 2011.
- C. Cattani, G. Pierro, and G. Altieri, “Entropy and multifractality for the myeloma multiple TET 2 gene,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 193761, 14 pages, 2012.
- B. N. Pandey, N. Dwividi, and B. Pulastya, “Comparison between Bayesian and maximum likelihood estimation of the scale parameter in weibull distribution with known shape under linex loss function,” Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 55, pp. 163–172, 2011.
- D. Kundu and R. D. Gupta, “Generalized exponential distribution: bayesian estimations,” Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1873–1883, 2008.
- P. Vasile, P. Eugeine, and C. Alina, “Bayes estimators of modified-Weibull distribution parameters using Lindley's approximation,” WSEAS Transactions on Mathematics, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 539–549, 2010.
- A. P. Basu and N. Ebrahimi, “Bayesian approach to life testing and reliability estimation using asymmetric loss function,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 29, no. 1-2, pp. 21–31, 1991.
- J. O. Berger and D. C. Sun, “Bayesian analysis for the poly-Weibull distribution,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 88, no. 424, pp. 1412–1418, 1993.
- A. Banerjee and D. Kundu, “Inference based on type-II hybrid censored data from a weibull distribution,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 369–378, 2008.
- J. O. Berger, “The case for objective Bayesian analysis,” Bayesian Analysis, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 385–402, 2006.
- A. A. Soliman, A. H. Abd Ellah, and S. B. Ryan, “Comparison of estimates using record statistics from weibull model: bayesian and non-Bayesian approaches,” Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, vol. 51, pp. 2065–2077, 2006.
- D. V. Lindley, “Approximate Bayesian methods,” Trabajos Estadist, vol. 31, pp. 223–237, 1980.
- R. Calabria and G. Pulcini, “Point estimation under asymmetric loss functions for left-truncated exponential samples,” Communications in Statistics. Theory and Methods, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 585–600, 1996.