- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 390645, 21 pages
Stability Analysis of a Variant of the Prony Method
Escuela de Matemáticas, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Sede Medellín, Medellín, Colombia
Received 15 June 2012; Accepted 12 October 2012
Academic Editor: Bin Liu
Copyright © 2012 Rodney Jaramillo and Marianela Lentini. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Martín-Landrove, G. Figueroa, M. Paluszny, and W. Torres, “A quasi-analytical method for relaxation rate distribution determination of T2-weighted MRI in brain,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Conference of IEEE-EMBS, Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC '07), pp. 1318–1321, Lyon, France, August 2007.
- M. Martín-Landrove, G. Figueroa, W. Torres, and M. Paluszny, “Boosting the inverse interpolation problem by a sum of decaying exponentials using an algebraic approach,” Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis, vol. 34, pp. 163–169, 2009.
- M. Paluszny, M. Lentini, M. Martin-Landrove, W. Torres, and R. Martin, “Recovery of relaxation rates in MRI T2-weighted brain images via exponential fitting,” in Exponential Data Fitting and Its Applications, pp. 69–88, Bentham Science Publishers, 2010.
- G. H. Golub and V. Pereyra, “The differentiation of pseudo-inverses and nonlinear least squares problems whose variables separate,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 10, pp. 413–432, 1973.
- G. Golub and V. Pereyra, “Separable nonlinear least squares: the variable projection method and its applications,” Inverse Problems, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. R1–R26, 2003.
- D. P. O'Leary and B. W. Rust, “Variable proyection for nonlinear least squares problems,” Computational Optimization and Applications. In press, http://www.cs.umd.edu/~oleary/software/varpro.pdf.
- M. H. Kahn, M. S. Mackisack, M. R. Osborne, and G. K. Smyth, “On the consistency of Prony's method and related algorithms,” Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 329–349, 1992.
- M. R. Osborne and G. K. Smyth, “A modified Prony algorithm for fitting functions defined by difference equations,” Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 362–382, 1991.
- M. R. Osborne and G. K. Smyth, “A modified Prony algorithm for exponential function fitting,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 119–138, 1995.
- M. R. Osborne, “Some special nonlinear least squares problems,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 571–592, 1975.
- V. Pereyra and G. Scherer, “Exponential data fitting,” in Exponential Data Fitting and Its Applications Bentham Science Publishers, pp. 15–41, 2010.
- D. Batenkov and Y. Yomdin, “On the accuracy of solving confluent Prony system,” http://arxiv.org/pdf/1106.1137v1.pdf.
- G. H. Golub and C. F. Van Loan, Matrix Computations, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 3rd edition, 1996.
- J. H. Wilkinson, Rounding Errors in Algebraic Processes, Dover Publications, 1994.
- W. Gautschi, “Optimally conditioned Vandermonde matrices,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 24, pp. 1–12, 1975.
- J. M. Varah, “On fitting exponentials by nonlinear least squares,” Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 30–44, 1985.
- M. Martín-Landrove, F. Mayobre, I. Bautista, and R. Villalta, “Brain tumor evaluation and segmentation by in vivo proton spectroscopy and relaxometry,” Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 316–331, 2005.
- H. Gudbjartsson and S. Patz, “The Rician distribution of noisy MRI data,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 910–914, 1995.