- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 397473, 12 pages
Freshwater Algal Bloom Prediction by Support Vector Machine in Macau Storage Reservoirs
1Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau
2Laboratory & Research Center, Macao Water Supply Co. Ltd., Conselheiro Borja, Macau
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Zhengchao Xie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Selman, S. Greenhalgh, and R. Diaz, Eutrophication and Hypoxia in Coastal Areas: A Global Assessment of the State of Knowledge, World Resources Institute, Washington, DC, USA, 2008.
- J. Pallant, I. Chorus, and J. Bartram, “Toxic cyanobacteria in water,” in SPSS Survival Manual, 2007.
- R. Hecht-Nielsen, “Kolmogorov’s mapping neural network existence theorem,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Internetional Jopint Conference of Neural Networks, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- L. L. Rogers and F. U. Dowla, “Optimization of groundwater remediation using artificial neural networks with parallel solute transport modeling,” Water Resources Research, vol. 30, no. 2, p. 457, 1994.
- APHA, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, American Public Health Association (APHA), American Water Works Association (AWWA) & Water Environment Federation (WEF), 2002.
- V. Vapnik, The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- T. A. Stolarski, “A system for wear prediction in lubricated sliding contacts,” Lubrication Science, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 315–351, 1996.
- K. Li, Automotive engine tuning using least-square support vector machines and evolutionary optimization [Ph.D. thesis], University of Macau, 2011.
- Z. Liu, X. Wang, L. Cui, X. Lian, and J. Xu, “Research on water bloom prediction based on least squares support vector machine,” in Proceedings of the WRI World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering (CSIE '09), pp. 764–768, April 2009.
- A. J. Smola and B. Scholkopf, 2003, http://alex.smola.org/papers/2003/SmoSch03b.pdf.
- H. Wang and D. Hu, “Comparison of SVM and LS-SVM for regression,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Neural Networks and Brain Proceedings (ICNNB '05), pp. 279–283, October 2005.
- C. W. Hsu and C. C. Chang, A Practical Guide to Support Vector Classification, 2003.
- U. Çaydaş and S. Ekici, “Support vector machines models for surface roughness prediction in CNC turning of AISI 304 austenitic stainless steel,” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, vol. 23, pp. 639–650, 2012.
- E. Avci, “A new expert system for diagnosis of lung cancer: GDA-LS_SVM,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 36, pp. 2005–2009, 2012.
- E. Çomak and A. Arslan, “A biomedical decision support system using LS-SVM classifier with an efficient and new parameter regularization procedure for diagnosis of heart valve diseases,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 36, pp. 549–556, 2012.
- Y. Xu, X. Chen, and Q. Li, “INS/WSN-integrated navigation utilizing LS-SVM and filtering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 707326, 19 pages, 2012.
- C. Cattani, S. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 3 pages, 2012.
- S. Chen, Y. Zheng, C. Cattani, and W. Wang, “Modeling of biological intelligence for SCM system optimization,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 769702, 10 pages, 2012.
- P. Lu, S. Chen, and Y. Zheng, “Artificial intelligence in civil engineering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering. In press.