- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 456047, 18 pages
A New Hybrid Nelder-Mead Particle Swarm Optimization for Coordination Optimization of Directional Overcurrent Relays
1Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, St. John's University, No. 499, Section 4, Tam King Road, Tamsui District, New Taipei City 25135, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Computer and Communication Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, No. 1, Section 3, Chung Hsiao East Road, Taipei 10608, Taiwan
3Department of Electrical Engineering, St. John's University, No. 499, Section 4, Tam King Road, Tamsui District, New Taipei City 25135, Taiwan
Received 18 February 2012; Revised 26 April 2012; Accepted 10 May 2012
Academic Editor: Jianming Shi
Copyright © 2012 An Liu and Ming-Ta Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. J. Urdaneta, R. Nadira, and L. G. Perez Jimenez, “Optimal coordination of directional overcurrent relays in interconnected power systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 3, pp. 903–911, 1988.
- H. A. Abyaneh, M. Al-Dabbagh, H. K. Karegar, S. H. H. Sadeghi, and R. A. J. Khan, “A new optimal approach for coordination of overcurrent relays in interconnected power systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 430–435, 2003.
- D. Birla, R. P. Maheshwari, and H. O. Gupta, “A new nonlinear directional overcurrent relay coordination technique, and banes and boons of near-end faults based approach,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1176–1182, 2006.
- A. S. Noghabi, J. Sadeh, and H. R. Mashhadi, “Considering different network topologies in optimal overcurrent relay coordination using a hybrid GA,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1857–1863, 2009.
- A. S. Noghabi, H. R. Mashhadi, and J. Sadeh, “Optimal coordination of directional overcurrent relays considering different network topologies using interval linear programming,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 1348–1354, 2010.
- P. P. Bedekar and S. R. Bhide, “Optimum coordination of directional overcurrent relays using the hybrid GA-NLP approach,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 109–119, 2011.
- H. H. Zeineldin, E. F. El-Saadany, and M. M. A. Salama, “Optimal coordination of overcurrent relays using a modified particle swarm optimization,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 76, no. 11, pp. 988–995, 2006.
- M. M. Mansour, S. F. Mekhamer, and N. E. S. El-Kharbawe, “A modified particle swarm optimizer for the coordination of directional overcurrent relays,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 1400–1410, 2007.
- R. C. Eberhart and J. Kennedy, “A new optimizer using particle swarm theory,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, pp. 39–43, Nagoya, Japan, October 1995.
- P. Chootinan and A. Chen, “Constraint handling in genetic algorithms using a gradient-based repair method,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 2263–2281, 2006.
- Y. Dong, J. F. Tang, B. D. Xu, and D. Wang, “An application of swarm optimization to nonlinear programming,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 49, no. 11-12, pp. 1655–1668, 2005.
- J. H. Mathews, Numerical Methods Using Matlab, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2004.
- T. Niknam, H. D. Mojarrad, and M. Nayeripour, “A new hybrid fuzzy adaptive particle swarm optimization for non-convex economic dispatch,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 189–202, 2011.
- C. H. Lin, J. L. Chen, and Z. L. Gaing, “Combining biometric fractal pattern and particle swarm optimization-based classifier for fingerprint recognition,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 328676, 14 pages, 2010.
- E. Zahara and C. H. Hu, “Solving constrained optimization problems with hybrid particle swarm optimization,” Engineering Optimization, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1031–1049, 2008.
- E. Zahara and A. Liu, “Solving parameter identification problem by hybrid particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2010 (IMECS '10), pp. 36–38, March 2010.
- A. Liu and E. Zahara, “Parameter identification problem using particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC '09), pp. 275–278, Tianjin, China, August 2009.
- Y. T. Kao, E. Zahara, and I. W. Kao, “A hybridized approach to data clustering,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 1754–1762, 2008.
- S. Kamel and M. Kodsi, “Modeling and simulation of IEEE 14 bus system with facts controllers,” Tech. Rep., 2009.