- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 467629, 17 pages
Stability of Teleoperation Systems for Time-Varying Delays by Neutral LMI Techniques
1Higher Technical School of Industrial Engineering, University of Vigo, 36310 Vigo, Spain
2Higher Technical School of Computer Engineering, University of Vigo, 32004 Orense, Spain
Received 26 June 2012; Revised 18 October 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: Alexander Pogromsky
Copyright © 2012 Emma Delgado et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. A. Lawrence, “Stability and transparency in bilateral teleoperation,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 624–637, 1993.
- P. Arcara and C. Melchiorri, “Control schemes for teleoperation with time delay: a comparative study,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 49–64, 2002.
- R. J. Anderson and M. W. Spong, “Bilateral control of teleoperators with time delay,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 494–501, 1989.
- K. Hashtrudi-Zaad and S. E. Salcudean, “Transparency in time-delayed systems and the effect of local force feedback for transparent teleoperation,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 108–114, 2002.
- G. Niemeyer and J. J. E. Slotine, “Stable adaptive teleoperation,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 152–162, 1991.
- E. Delgado and A. Barreiro, “Stability of teleoperation systems for time-varying delays by LMI techniques,” in Proceedings of the European Control Conference (ECC '07), pp. 4214–4221, Kos, Greece, July 2007.
- E. Delgado, M. Díaz-Cacho, and A. Barreiro, “Stability of teleoperation systems under time-varying delays by using Lyapunov-Krasovskii techniques,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Federation of Automatic Control World Congress, vol. 18, part I, Milan, Italy, August 2011.
- M. Díaz-Cacho, A. Fernández, M. García, and A. Barreiro, “Internet emulation system for UDP-based teleoperation,” in Proceedings of the Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MCA '08), pp. 1417–1422, Corsica, France, June 2008.
- D. Tian, D. Yashiro, and K. Ohnishi, “Haptic transmission by weighting control under time-varying communication delay,” IET Control Theory & Applications, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 420–429, 2012.
- P. F. Hokayem and M. W. Spong, “Bilateral teleoperation: an historical survey,” Automatica, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2035–2057, 2006.
- N. Chopra, M. W. Spong, and R. Lozano, “Synchronization of bilateral teleoperators with time delay,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 2142–2148, 2008.
- A. F. Villaverde, A. B. Blas, J. Carrasco, and A. B. Torrico, “Reset control for passive bilateral teleoperation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 3037–3045, 2011.
- J. Ware and Y. J. Pan, “Realisation of a bilaterally teleoperated robotic vehicle platform with passivity control,” IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 952–962, 2011.
- E. Nuño, L. Basañez, and R. Ortega, “Passivity-based control for bilateral teleoperation: a tutorial,” Automatica, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 485–495, 2011.
- S. Dashkovskiy, M. Kosmykov, and F. R. Wirth, “A small-gain condition for interconnections of ISS systems with mixed ISS characterizations,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1247–1258, 2011.
- I. G. Polushin and S. N. Dashkovskiy, “A small-gain framework for networked cooperative teleoperation,” in Proceedings of the 8th IFAC Symposium on Nonlinear Control Systems (NOLCOS '10), pp. 90–95, Bologna, Italy, September 2010.
- E. Delgado, M. Díaz-Cacho, D. Bustelo, and A. Barreiro, “Generic approach to stability under time-varying delay in teleoperation. Application to the position-error control of a gantry crane,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. PP, no. 99, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- S.-I. Niculescu, Delay Effects on Stability, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- D. Ivănescu, S.-I. Niculescu, L. Dugard, J.-M. Dion, and E. I. Verriest, “On delay-dependent stability for linear neutral systems,” Automatica, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 255–261, 2003.
- Z. H. Wang, “Numerical stability test of neutral delay differential equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2008, Article ID 698043, 10 pages, 2008.
- Z. Zhao, W. Wang, and B. Yang, “Delay and its time-derivative dependent robust stability of neutral control system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 187, no. 2, pp. 1326–1332, 2007.
- A. Barreiro and E. Delgado, “Stability of teleoperation systems by delay-dependent neutral LMI techniques,” in Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics (IECON '06), pp. 342–347, November 2006.
- J. K. Hale and S. M. Verduyn Lunel, “Introduction to functional differential equations,” in Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 99, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1993.