- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 474282, 21 pages
Optimal Placement of Passive Energy Dissipation Devices by Genetic Algorithms
1Faculty of Infrastructure Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, Liaoning 116024, China
2State Key Laboratory of Structural Analysis for Industrial Equipment, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, Liaoning 116024, China
3State Key Laboratory of Costal and Offshore Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, Liaoning 116024, China
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 23 November 2012
Academic Editor: Fei Kang
Copyright © 2012 Ji-ting Qu and Hong-nan Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. T. Haftka and H. M. Adelman, “Selection of actuator locations for static shape control of large space structures by heuristic integer programing,” Computers and Structures, vol. 20, no. 1–3, pp. 575–582, 1985.
- S. A. Ashour and R. D. Hanson, “Elastic seismic response of buildings with supplemental damping,” Tech. Rep. UMCE 87-01, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1987.
- R. H. Zhang and T. T. Soong, “Seismic design of viscoelastic dampers for structural applications,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 1375–1392, 1992.
- M. Gürgöze and P. C. Müller, “Optimal positioning of dampers in multi-body systems,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 158, no. 3, pp. 517–530, 1992.
- H. G. Natke and T. T. Soong, “Topological structural optimization under dynamic loads,” in Optimization of Structural systems and Applications, S. Hernandez and C. A. Brebbia, Eds., Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton, UK, 1993.
- M. H. Milman and C. C. Chu, “Optimization methods for passive damper replacement and tuning,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 848–856, 1994.
- I. Takewaki, “Optimal damper placement for minimum transfer functions,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1113–1124, 1997.
- I. Takewaki, S. Yoshitomi, K. Uetani, and M. Tsuji, “Non-monotonic optimal damper placement via steepest direction search,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 28, pp. 655–670, 1999.
- Y. Zhou, Z. D. Xu, and X. S. Deng, “Optimal installation of the dampers in the viscoelastic structures,” World Information of Earthquake Engineering, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 15–20, 1998.
- Q. Zhang, W. J. Lou, and Y. Chen, “The objective function and realization of optimal placement for viscoelastic dampers,” Industrial Construction, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 10–13, 2003.
- P. Lu, S. Chen, and Y. Zheng, “Artificial intelligence in civil engineering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 145974, 20 pages, 2013.
- S. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, “Automatic sensor placement for model-based robot vision,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 393–408, 2004.
- C. Cattani, S. Chen, and G. Aldashev, “Information and modeling in complexity,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 868413, 4 pages, 2012.
- M. P. Singh and L. M. Moreschi, “Optimal placement of dampers for passive response control,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 955–976, 2002.
- L. M. Moreschi and M. P. Singh, “Design of yielding metallic and friction dampers for optimal seismic performance,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1291–1311, 2003.
- W. Zheng, S. Yan, and J. H. Mo, “Optimum installation of the MR dampers for the high-rise structures by genetic algorithm,” Journal of Shenyang Jianzhu University (Natural Science), vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 606–611, 2005.
- W. M. Bei and H. N. Li, “Study on the optimal placement of magnetorheological dampers in structural control,” Earthquake Resistant Engineering and Retrofitting, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 73–78, 2006.
- K. C. Chang, M. L. Lai, T. T. Soong, D. S. Hao, and Y. C. Yeh, “Seismic behavior and design guidelines for steel frame structures with added viscoelastic damper,” NCEER 93-0009, National Center for Earthquake Engineering Research, Buffalo, NY, USA, 1993.
- Z. Ming and S. Shudong, The Principle and Application of Genetic Algorithms, National Defense Industry Press, Beijing, China, 1999.
- G. Giardini and T. Kalmár-Nagy, “Genetic algorithm for combinatorial path planning: the subtour problem,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 483643, 31 pages, 2011.
- Z. D. Xu, Y. Zhou, and H. T. Zhao, “Optimum design method of the viscoelastic structure,” Journal of Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology (Natural Science Edition), vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 246–248, 1999.
- S. Chen, Y. Wang, and C. Cattani, “Key issues in modeling of complex 3D structures from video sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 856523, 17 pages, 2012.
- S. Chen, W. Huang, C. Cattani, and G. Altieri, “Traffic dynamics on complex networks: a survey,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 732698, 23 pages, 2012.
- S. C. Lim, C. H. Eab, K. H. Mak, M. Li, and S. Y. Chen, “Solving linear coupled fractional differential equations by direct operational method and some applications,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 653939, 28 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, J. Zhang, Q. Guan, and S. Liu, “Detection and amendment of shape distortions based on moment invariants for active shape models,” IET Image Processing, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 273–285, 2011.
- L. Xie and C. Zhai, “Study on the severest real ground motion for seismic design and analysis,” Acta Seismologica Sinica, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 250–261, 2003.