- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 495019, 18 pages
Finite Element Modelling Tuned on Experimental Testing for the Structural Health Assessment of an Ancient Masonry Arch Bridge
DICAM Department, University of Bologna, Viale Risorgimento 2, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Received 22 August 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editor: Ivan Bartoli
Copyright © 2012 G. Castellazzi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Brencich and D. Sabia, “Experimental identification of a multi-span masonry bridge: the Tanaro Bridge,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 2087–2099, 2008.
- A. Brencich and U. De Francesco, “Assessment of multispan masonry arch bridges—I: simplified approach,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 582–590, 2004.
- D. M. Armstrong, A. Sibbald, C. A. Fairfield, and M. C. Forde, “Modal analysis for masonry arch bridge spandrell wall separation identification,” NDT and E International, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 377–386, 1995.
- C. Melbourne, T. G. Hughes, M. J. Blackler, and M. Gilbert, “A review of the UK masonry arch assessment methods. discussion,” Proceedings of the ICE, vol. 134, no. 3, pp. 287–289, 1999.
- A. Thavalingam, N. Bicanic, J. I. Robinson, and D. A. Ponniah, “Computational framework for discontinuous modelling of masonry arch bridges,” Computers and Structures, vol. 79, no. 19, pp. 1821–1830, 2001.
- C. Mazzotti, S. deMiranda, G. Castellazzi, and F. Carrea, “Structural assessment of the railway masonry arch bridge crossing the Reno river in Bologna,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management,, pp. 1078–1085, 2012.
- P. J. Fanning and T. E. Boothby, “Three-dimensional modelling and full-scale testing of stone arch bridges,” Computers and Structures, vol. 79, no. 29-30, pp. 2645–2662, 2001.
- P. J. Fanning, L. Sobczak, T. E. Boothby, and V. Salomoni, “Load testing and model simulations for a stone arch bridge,” Bridge Structures, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 367–378, 2005.
- A. Bayraktar, A. C. Altuniik, F. Birinci, B. Sevim, and T. Türker, “Finite-element analysis and vibration testing of a two-span masonry arch bridge,” Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 46–52, 2010.
- B. Sevim, A. Bayraktar, A. C. Altuniik, S. Atamtürktür, and F. Birinci, “Finite element model calibration effects on the earthquake response of masonry arch bridges,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 621–634, 2011.
- Hibbitt Inc., Abaqus Theory Manual, Karlsson & Sorensen, 1998.
- G. Castellazzi, “On the performances of parametric finite elements when geometry distortions occur,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 1306–1314.
- R. J. Allemang and D. L. Brown, “A unified matrix polynomial approach to modal identification,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 211, no. 3, pp. 301–318, 1998.
- D. J. Ewins, Modal Testing: Theory, Practice and Application, Wiley, 2nd edition, 2001.
- E. Sassoni and C. Mazzotti, “The use of small diameter cores for assessing the compressive strength of clay brick masonries,” Journal of Cultural Heritage. In press.
- Eurocode 6, “Part 1-1, General Rules for reinforced and unreinforced masonry, including lateral loading,” 2009.
- C. Gentilini, L. Govoni, S. de Miranda, and G. Gottardi, “Three-dimensional numerical modelling of falling rock protection barriers,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 44, pp. 58–72, 2012.
- L. Govoni, S. de Miranda, C. Gentilini, G. Gottardi, and F. Ubertini, “Modelling of falling rock protection barriers,” International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, vol. 11, pp. 126–137, 2011.
- NTC 2008, “Norme Tecniche per le Costruzioni,” D.M. 14/01/08, 2008.
- G. Castellazzi, S. de Miranda, and F. Ubertini, “Adaptivity based on the recovery by compatibility in patches,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 379–390, 2010.
- S. de Miranda, L. Patruno, and F. Ubertini, “Transverse stress profiles reconstruction for finite element analysis of laminated plates,” Composite Structures, vol. 94, no. 9, pp. 2706–2715, 2012.
- C. Carloni, K. V. Subramaniam, M. Savoia, and C. Mazzotti, “Experimental determination of FRP-concrete cohesive interface properties under fatigue loading,” Composite Structures, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 1288–1296, 2012.