- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 498690, 14 pages
Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm Coupled with Finite Element Limit Equilibrium Method for Geotechnical Practices
1State Key Laboratory of Simulation and Regulation of Water Cycle in River Basin, China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research, Beijing 100048, China
2Faculty of Infrastructure Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 10 November 2012
Academic Editor: Fei Kang
Copyright © 2012 Hongjun Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. M. Cheng, “Location of critical failure surface and some further studies on slope stability analysis,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 255–267, 2003.
- Z. Teng, J. He, A. J. Degnan et al., “Critical mechanical conditions around neovessels in carotid atherosclerotic plaque may promote intraplaque hemorrhage,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 223, no. 2, pp. 321–326, 2012.
- S. Chen, Y. Wang, and C. Cattani, “Key issues in modeling of complex 3D structures from video sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 856523, 17 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, J. Zhang, Q. Guan, and S. Liu, “Detection and amendment of shape distortions based on moment invariants for active shape models,” IET Image Processing, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 273–285, 2011.
- F. Kang, J. Li, and Q. Xu, “Damage detection based on improved particle swarm optimization using vibration data,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 2329–2335, 2012.
- F. Kang, J. Li, and Z. Ma, “An artificial bee colony algorithm for locating the critical slip surface in slope stability analysis,” Engineering Optimization. In press.
- O. C. Zienkiewicz, C. Humpheson, and R. W. Lewis, “Associated and non-associated visco-plasticity and plasticity in soil mechanics,” Geotechnique, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 671–689, 1975.
- D. V. Griffiths and P. A. Lane, “Slope stability analysis by finite elements,” Geotechnique, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 387–403, 1999.
- Y. M. Cheng, T. Lansivaara, and W. B. Wei, “Two-dimensional slope stability analysis by limit equilibrium and strength reduction methods,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 137–150, 2007.
- J.-Z. Zou, D. J. Williams, and W.-L. Xiong, “Search for critical slip surfaces based on finite element method,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 233–246, 1995.
- J. Y. Kim and S. R. Lee, “An improved search strategy for the critical slip surface using finite element stress fields,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 295–313, 1997.
- H. T. V. Pham and D. G. Fredlund, “The application of dynamic programming to slope stability analysis,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 830–847, 2003.
- T. Yamagami and Y. Ueta, “Search for critical slip lines in finite element stress fields by dynamic programming,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Numerical methods in Geomechanics, pp. 1347–1352, Innsbruck, Austria, 1988.
- L. T. Shao, H. X. Tang, and G. C. Han, “Finite element method for slope stability analysis with its applications,” Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 81–87, 2001.
- Y. M. Cheng, L. Li, S.-C. Chi, and W. B. Wei, “Particle swarm optimization algorithm for the location of the critical non-circular failure surface in two-dimensional slope stability analysis,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 92–103, 2007.
- V. R. Greco, “Efficient Monte Carlo technique for locating critical slip surface,” Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, vol. 122, no. 7, pp. 517–525, 1996.
- A. I. H. Malkawi, W. F. Hassan, and S. K. Sarma, “Global search method for locating general slip surface using Monte Carlo techniques,” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, vol. 127, no. 8, pp. 688–698, 2001.
- S. Chen, Y. Zheng, C. Cattani, and W. Wang, “Modeling of biological intelligence for SCM system optimization,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 769702, 10 pages, 2012.
- P. Lu, S. Chen, and Y. Zheng, “Artificial intelligence in civil engineering,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 145974, 20 pages, 2013.
- Z. Jie, The research of some application problems in finite element method for slope stability analysis [Ph.D. thesis], Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China, 2006.
- D. V. Griffiths, “Computation of bearing capacity factors using finite elements,” Geotechnique, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 195–202, 1982.