- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 509597, 18 pages
Adaptive Colour Feature Identification in Image for Object Tracking
1School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith, NSW 2751, Australia
2School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Received 8 October 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Feng Su et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Jupp, P. Davies, and P. Francis, Doing Criminological Research, SAGE, Thousand Oaks, Calif, USA, 1st edition, 2007.
- C. J. Cohen, K. A. Scott, M. J. Huber, S. C. Rowe, and F. Morelli, “Behavior recognition architecture for surveillance applications,” in Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition Workshop (AIPR '08), pp. 1–8, Washinton, DC, USA, October 2008.
- B. Liu, O. Jesorsky, and R. Kompe, “Robust real-time multiple object tracking in traffic scenes using an optical matrix range sensor,” in Proceedings of the 10th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '07), pp. 742–747, Seattle, Wash, USA, October 2007.
- J. Zhu, Y. W. Lao, and Y. F. Zheng, “Object tracking in structured environments for video surveillance applications,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 223–235, 2010.
- X. G. Guo, C. H. Wang, and Z. S. Qu, “Object tracking for autonomous mobile robot based on feedback of monocular-vision,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA '07), pp. 467–470, Harbin, China, May 2007.
- S. Y. Chen, J. W. Zhang, H. X. Zhang, N. M. Kwok, and Y. F. Li, “Intelligent lighting control for vision-based robotic manipulation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 3254–3263, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. F. Li, and N. M. Kwok, “Active vision in robotic systems: a survey of recent developments,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1343–1377, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen, “Kalman filter for robot vision: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 4409–4420, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, “Active vision for robotic manipulation,” Industrial Robot, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 111–112, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, H. Tong, and C. Cattani, “Markov models for image labeling,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 814356, 18 pages, 2012.
- R. Yumiba, M. Miyoshi, and H. Fujiyoshi, “Moving object detection with background model based on spatio-temporal texture,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV '11), pp. 352–359, Kona, Hawaii, USA, January 2011.
- Z. Liu, K. Q. Huang, and T. N. Tian, “Cast shadow removal in a hierarchical manner using MRF,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 55–56, 2012.
- C. Stauffer and W. E. L. Grimson, “Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '99), vol. 2, pp. 246–252, Fort Collins, Colo, USA, June 1999.
- Z. Zivkovic, “Improved adaptive Gaussian mixture model for background subtraction,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '04), vol. 2, pp. 28–31, Cambridge, UK, August 2004.
- P. KaewTraKulPong and R. Bowden, “An improved adaptive background mixture model for real-time tracking with shadow detection,” in Proceedings of the European Workshop on Advanced Video Based Surveillance Systems, pp. 1–5, London, UK, September 2001.
- K. Kim, T. H. Chalidabhongse, D. Harwood, and L. Davis, “Real-time foreground-background segmentation using codebook model,” Real-Time Imaging, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 172–185, 2005.
- C. H. Chen, C. Cheng, D. Page, A. Koschan, and M. Abidi, “A moving object tracked by a mobile robot with real-time obstacles avoidance capacity,” in Prceedings of the18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '06), pp. 1091–1094, Hong Kong, China, August 2006.
- H. Zhou, Y. Yuan, and C. Shi, “Object tracking using SIFT features and mean shift,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 345–352, 2009.
- J. Han, G. Awad, and A. Sutherland, “Automatic skin segmentation and tracking in sign language recognition,” IET Computer Vision, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 24–35, 2009.
- Y. Wu and T. S. Huang, “Color tracking by transductive learning,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1, pp. 133–138, Hilton Head, SC, USA, June 2000.
- T. Goncalves and A. I. Comport, “Real-time direct tracking of color images in the presence of illumination variation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, pp. 4417–4422, Shanghai, China, May, 2011.
- J. Orwell, P. Remagnino, and G. A. Jones, “Multi-camera colour tracking,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Visual Surveillance, pp. 14–21, Fort Collins, Colo, USA, July 1999.
- I. Leichter, M. Lindenbaum, and E. Rivlin, “Tracking by affine kernel transformations using color and boundary cues,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 164–171, 2009.
- P. Li, “An adaptive binning color model for mean shift tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1293–1299, 2008.
- J. Wang and Y. Yagi, “Integrating color and shape-texture features for adaptive real-time object tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 235–240, 2008.
- S.-H. Lee and M. G. Kang, “Motion tracking based on area and level set weighted centroid shifting,” IET Computer Vision, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 73–84, 2010.
- T. Ojala, M. Pietikäinen, and T. Maenpaa, “Multiresolution gray-scale and rotation invariant texture classification with local binary patterns,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 971–987, 2002.
- T. Randen and J. H. Husøy, “Filtering for texture classification: a comparative study,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 291–310, 1999.
- P. Gorur and B. Amrutur, “Speeded up Gaussian mixture model algorithm for background subtraction,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, pp. 386–391, Klagenfurt, Austria, August 2011.
- T. S. Huang, G. J. Yang, and G. Y. Tang, “A fast two-dimensional median filtering algorithm,” IEEE Trans Acoust Speech Signal Process, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 13–18, 1979.
- H. Sugano and R. Miyamoto, “Parallel implementation of morphological processing on cell/BE with OpenCV interface,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Communications, Control, and Signal Processing (ISCCSP '08), pp. 578–583, St. Julian's, Malta, March 2008.
- F. Chang, C. J. Chen, and C. J. Lu, “A linear-time component-labeling algorithm using contour tracing technique,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 206–220, 2004.
- H. D. Cheng, X. H. Jiang, Y. Sun, and J. Wang, “Color image segmentation: advances and prospects,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 2259–2281, 2001.
- G. Fang and N. M. Kwok, “Image segmentation using adaptively selected color space,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO '09), pp. 1838–1843, Guilin, China, December 2009.
- S. Sural, G. Qian, and S. Pramanik, “Segmentation and histogram generation using the HSV color space for image retrieval,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP '02), pp. 589–592, New York, NY, USA, September 2002.