- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 518493, 9 pages
Analysis of the Effect of the Length of Stop-Spacing on the Transport Efficiency of a Typically Formed Conventional Locomotive Hauled Passenger Train in China
1Integrated Transport Research Center of China, Beijing Jiaotong University, No. 3 Shangyuancun,
Haidian District, Beijing 100044, China
2MOE Key Laboratory for Urban Transportation Complex Systems Theory and Technology, Beijing Jiaotong University, No. 3 Shangyuancun, Haidian District, Beijing 100044, China
3School of Economics and Management, Chang’an University, Nan Er Huan Zhong Duan, Xi’an 710064, China
Received 7 May 2012; Accepted 26 September 2012
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2012 Xuesong Feng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- National Bureau of Statistics of China, China Statistical Yearbook, China Statistics Press, Beijing, China, 2011.
- D. N. Kim and P. M. Schonfeld, “Benefits of dipped vertical alignments for rail transit routes,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 20–27, 1997.
- P. Lukaszewicz, Energy consumption and running time for trains: Modelling of running resistance and driver behavior based on full scale testing [Doctoral Dissertation], Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, 2001.
- C. Chandra and M. M. Aqarwal, Railway Engineering, Oxford Higher Education, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- K. Kim and S. I. J. Chien, “Simulation-based analysis of train controls under various track alignments,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 136, no. 11, pp. 937–948, 2010.
- P. Martin, “Train performance and simulation,” in Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference (WSC '99), pp. 1287–1294, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, December 1999.
- B. Mao, X. Li, and H. Niu, Train Performance Calculation and Design, China Communication Press, Beijing, China, 2008.
- Z. Yang, X. Huang, S. Wu, and H. Peng, “Traction technology for Chinese railways,” in Proceedings of the International Power Electronics Conference (ECCE '10), pp. 2842–2848, Sapporo, Japan, June 2010.
- IFEU (Institut für Energieund Umweltforschung Heidelberg GmbH), Energy Savings by Light-Weighting (Final Report), International Aluminium Institute (IAI), Heidelberg, Germany, 2003.
- H. Liu, B. Mao, Y. Ding, W. Jia, and S. Lai, “Train energy-saving scheme with evaluation in urban mass transit systems,” Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 68–73, 2007.
- B. van Wee, R. van den Brink, and H. Nijland, “Environmental impacts of high-speed rail links in cost-benefit analyses: A case study of the Dutch Zuider Zee line,” Transportation Research Part D, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 299–314, 2003.
- E. Lindgreen and S. C. Sorenson, Simulation of Energy Consumption and Emissions from Rail Traffic Evaluation, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark, 2005.
- X. Feng, “Optimization of target speeds of high-speed railway trains for traction energy saving and transport efficiency improvement,” Energy Policy, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 7658–7665, 2011.
- X. Feng, B. Mao, X. J. Feng, and J. Feng, “Study on the maximum operation speeds of metro trains for energy saving as well as transport efficiency improvement,” Energy, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 6577–6582, 2011.
- H. I. Andrews, Railway Traction: The Principles of Mechanical and Electrical Railway Traction, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- W. G. Wong, B. M. Han, L. Ferreira, X. N. Zhu, and Q. X. Sun, “Evaluation of management strategies for the operation of high-speed railways in China,” Transportation Research Part A, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 277–289, 2002.
- C. W. Hsu, Y. Lee, and C. H. Liao, “Competition between high-speed and conventional rail systems: A game theoretical approach,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 3162–3170, 2010.
- J. Yan and M. Fu, Automotive Engineering, China Railway Publishing House, Beijing, China, 3rd edition, 2008.
- International Union of Railways, UIC Code 556 OR: Loadings of Coach Bodies and Their Components, International Union of Railways, Paris, France, 3rd edition, 1990.