- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 537930, 24 pages
New Solutions for (1+1)-Dimensional and (2+1)-Dimensional Ito Equations
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Beni-Suef University, Beni-Suef 62511, Egypt
Received 20 March 2012; Revised 14 September 2012; Accepted 14 September 2012
Academic Editor: Massimo Scalia
Copyright © 2012 A. H. Bhrawy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Biswas, E. Zerrad, J. Gwanmesia, and R. Khouri, “1-Soliton solution of the generalized Zakharov equation in plasmas by He's variational principle,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 12, pp. 4462–4466, 2010.
- A. Biswas and M. S. Ismail, “1-Soliton solution of the coupled KdV equation and Gear-Grimshaw model,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 216, no. 12, pp. 3662–3670, 2010.
- P. Suarez and A. Biswas, “Exact 1-soliton solution of the Zakharov equation in plasmas with power law nonlinearity,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 17, pp. 7372–7375, 2011.
- X. Zheng, Y. Chen, and H. Zhang, “Generalized extended tanh-function method and its application to (1+1)-dimensional dispersive long wave equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 311, no. 2-3, pp. 145–157, 2003.
- R. A. Baldock, B. A. Robson, and R. F. Barrett, “Application of an inverse-scattering method to determinethe effective interaction between composite particles,” Nuclear Physics A, vol. 366, no. 2, pp. 270–280, 1981.
- S. Ghosh and S. Nandy, “Inverse scattering method and vector higher order non-linear Schrödinger equation,” Nuclear Physics. B, vol. 561, no. 3, pp. 451–466, 1999.
- A. H. Salas S and C. A. Gómez S, “Exact solutions for a third-order KdV equation with variable coefficients and forcing term,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2009, Article ID 737928, 13 pages, 2009.
- C. A. Gomez and A. H. Salas, “Exact solutions to KdV equation by using a new approach of the projective riccati equation method,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 797084, 10 pages, 2010.
- A. H. Salas and C. A. Gomez, “Application of the ColeHopf transformation for finding exact solutions forseveral forms of the seventh-order KdV equation (KdV7),” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 194329, 14 pages, 2010.
- H. Naher, F. A. Abdullah, and M. Ali Akbar, “New traveling wave solutions of the higher dimensional nonlinear partial differential equation by the exp-function method,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 575387, 14 pages, 2012.
- R. Sakthivel and C. Chun, “New soliton solutions of Chaffee-Infante equations,” Z. Naturforsch, vol. 65, pp. 197–202, 2010.
- R. Sakthivel, C. Chun, and J. Lee, “New travelling wave solutions of Burgers equation with finitetransport memory,” Z.Naturforsch A., vol. 65, pp. 633–640, 2010.
- J. Lee and R. Sakthivel, “Exact travelling wave solutions of the Schamel—Korteweg—de Vries equation,” Reports on Mathematical Physics, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 153–161, 2011.
- S. T. Mohyud-Din, M. A. Noor, and A. Waheed, “Exp-function method for generalized travelling solutionsof calogero-degasperis-fokas equation,” Z. Naturforsch A, vol. 65, pp. 78–85, 2010.
- A. H. Bhrawy, A. Biswas, M. Javidi, W. X. Ma, Z. Pinar, and A. Yildirim, “New Solutions for (1 + 1)-Dimensional and (2 + 1)-Dimensional Kaup-Kupershmidt Equations,” Results in Mathematics. In press.
- C. A. Gómez and A. H. Salas, “Exact solutions for the generalized BBM equation with variable coefficients,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 498249, 10 pages, 2010.
- S. Tang, C. Li, and K. Zhang, “Bifurcations of travelling wave solutions in the -dimensional sine-cosine-Gordon equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 3358–3366, 2010.
- G. Ebadi and A. Biswas, “The method and 1-soliton solution of the Davey-Stewartson equation,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 53, no. 5-6, pp. 694–698, 2011.
- H. Kim and R. Sakthivel, “Travelling wave solutions for time-delayed nonlinear evolution equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 527–532, 2010.
- R. Sakthivel, C. Chun, and A.-R. Bae, “A general approach to hyperbolic partial differential equations by homotopy perturbation method,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 2601–2606, 2010.
- A. H. Khater, D. K. Callebaut, and M. A. Abdelkawy, “Two-dimensional force-free magnetic fields describedby some nonlinear equations,” Physics of Plasmas, vol. 17, no. 12, Article ID 122902, 10 pages, 2010.
- J. Lee and R. Sakthivel, “New exact travelling wave solutions of bidirectional wave equations,” Pramana Journal of Physics, vol. 76, pp. 819–829, 2011.
- E. G. Fan, “Extended tanh-function method and its applications to nonlinear equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 277, no. 4-5, pp. 212–218, 2000.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “The tanh and the sine-cosine methods for a reliable treatment of the modified equal width equation and its variants,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 148–160, 2006.
- S. K. Liu, Z. T. Fu, S. D. Liu, and Q. Zhao, “Jacobi elliptic function expansion method and periodic wave solutions of nonlinear wave equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 289, no. 1-2, pp. 69–74, 2001.
- A. H. Salas, “Solving nonlinear partial differential equations by the sn-ns method,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 340824, 25 pages, 2012.
- A. V. Porubov, “Periodical solution to the nonlinear dissipative equation for surface waves in a convecting liquid layer,” Physics Letters A, vol. 221, no. 6, pp. 391–394, 1996.
- A. V. Porubov and M. G. Velarde, “Exact periodic solutions of the complex Ginzburg-Landau equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 884–896, 1999.
- A. V. Porubov and D. F. Parker, “Some general periodic solutions to coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equations,” Wave Motion, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 97–109, 1999.
- E. Fan, “Multiple travelling wave solutions of nonlinear evolution equations using a unified algebraic method,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 35, no. 32, pp. 6853–6872, 2002.
- S. Zhang and T. Xia, “An improved generalized F-expansion method and its application to the (2 + 1)-dimensional KdV equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1294–1301, 2008.
- J. Zhang, C. Q. Dai, Q. Yang, and J. M. Zhu, “Variable-coefficient F-expansion method and its applicationto nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Optics Communications, vol. 252, no. 4–6, pp. 408–421, 2005.
- Y. Shen and N. Cao, “The double F-expansion approach and novel nonlinear wave solutions of soliton equation in (2 + 1)-dimension,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 198, no. 2, pp. 683–690, 2008.
- M. Wang and X. Li, “Extended F-expansion method and periodic wave solutions for the generalized Zakharov equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 343, no. 1–3, pp. 48–54, 2005.
- X. B. Hu and Y. Li, “Nonlinear superposition formulae of the Ito equation and a model equation for shallow water waves,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1979–1986, 1991.
- Y. Zhang and D. Y. Chen, “N-soliton-like solution of Ito equation,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 641–644, 2004.
- C. A. Gomez S, “New traveling waves solutions to generalized Kaup-Kupershmidt and Ito equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 216, no. 1, pp. 241–250, 2010.
- F. Khani, “Analytic study on the higher order Ito equations: new solitary wave solutions using the Exp-function method,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 2128–2134, 2009.
- D. J. Korteweg and G. de Vries, “On the change of form of long waves advancing in a rectangular canal, and on a new type of stationary waves,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 39, p. 422, 1895.
- N. J. Zabusky and M. D. Kruskal, “Interaction of “solitons” in a collisionless plasma and the recurrence ofinitial states,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 240–243, 1965.
- M. Ito, “An extension of nonlinear evolution equations of the K-dV (mK-dV) type to higher orders,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 771–778, 1980.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “Multiple-soliton solutions for the generalized (1 + 1)-dimensional and the generalized (2 + 1)-dimensional Itô equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 202, no. 2, pp. 840–849, 2008.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “The Hirota's direct method and the tanh-coth method for multiple-soliton solutions of the Sawada-Kotera-Ito seventh-order equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 199, no. 1, pp. 133–138, 2008.
- Y. Chen, S. Song, and H. Zhu, “Multi-symplectic methods for the Ito-type coupled KdV equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 9, pp. 5552–5561, 2012.
- M. Ito, “Symmetries and conservation laws of a coupled nonlinear wave equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 91, pp. 405–420, 1982.
- C. Guha-Roy, “Solutions of coupled KdV-type equations,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 863–866, 1990.