- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 581040, 22 pages
Optimality Condition-Based Sensitivity Analysis of Optimal Control for Hybrid Systems and Its Application
State Key Laboratory of Industrial Control Technology, Institute of Industrial Process Control, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
Received 4 April 2012; Revised 21 June 2012; Accepted 11 July 2012
Academic Editor: Jun Hu
Copyright © 2012 Chunyue Song. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. S. Vassiliadis, R. W. H. Sargent, and C. C. Pantelides, “Solution of a class of multistage dynamic optimization problems. 1. Problems without path constraints,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 2111–2122, 1994.
- V. S. Vassiliadis, R. W. H. Sargent, and C. C. Pantelides, “Solution of a class of multistage dynamic optimization problems. 2. Problems with path constraints,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 2123–2133, 1994.
- X. Xu and P. J. Antsaklis, “Optimal control of switched systems based on parameterization of the switching instants,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 2–16, 2004.
- P. J. Antsaklis and A. Nerode, “Special issue on hybrid control systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 43, no. 4, 1998.
- P. E. Caines and Y.-J. Wei, “Hierarchical hybrid control systems: a lattice-theoretic formulation,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 501–508, 1998.
- M. Egerstedt, Y. Wardi, and H. Axelsson, “Transition-time optimization for switched-mode dynamical systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 110–115, 2006.
- D. Flieller, P. Riedinger, and J. P. Louis, “Computation and stability of limit cycles in hybrid systems,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 352–367, 2006.
- C. G. Cassandras and J. Lygeros, Stochastic Hybrid Systems, chapter 1, 2, 6, 7, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2007.
- I. Hwang, J. Li, and D. Du, “A numerical algorithm for optimal control of a class of hybrid systems: differential transformation based approach,” International Journal of Control, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 277–293, 2008.
- H. J. Sussmann, “A maximum principle for hybrid optimal control problems,” in Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '99), pp. 425–430, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, December 1999.
- M. S. Shaikh and P. E. Caines, “On the hybrid optimal control problem: theory and algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 1587–1603, 2007.
- A. V. Dmitruk and A. M. Kaganovich, “The hybrid maximum principle is a consequence of Pontryagin maximum principle,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 964–970, 2008.
- A. Bensoussan and J. L. Menaldi, “Stochastic hybrid control,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 249, no. 1, pp. 261–288, 2000.
- M. S. Branicky, V. S. Borkar, and S. K. Mitter, “A unified framework for hybrid control: model and optimal control theory,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 31–45, 1998.
- P. I. Barton, C. K. Lee, and M. Yunt, “Optimization of hybrid systems,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 30, no. 10–12, pp. 1576–1589, 2006.
- C. Seatzu, D. Corona, A. Giua, and A. Bemporad, “Optimal control of continuous-time switched affine systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 726–741, 2006.
- H. Axelsson, Y. Wardi, M. Egerstedt, and E. I. Verriest, “Gradient descent approach to optimal mode scheduling in hybrid dynamical systems,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 167–186, 2008.
- E. R. Johnson and T. D. Murphey, “Second order switching time optimization for time-varying nonlinear systems,” in Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '09), pp. 5281–5286, Shanghai, China, 2009.
- S. A. Attia, V. Azhmyakov, and J. Raisch, “On an optimization problem for a class of impulsive hybrid systems,” Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 215–231, 2010.
- F. Taringoo and P. E. Caines, “Gradient geodesic and Newton geodesic HMP algorithms for the optimization of hybrid systems,” Annual Reviews in Control, vol. 35, pp. 187–198, 2011.
- X. Xu and P. J. Antsaklis, “A dynamic programming approach for optimal control of switched systems,” in Proceedings of the 39th IEEE Confernce on Decision and Control (CDC '00), pp. 1822–1827, Sydney, Australia, December 2000.
- K. Gokbayrak and C. G. Cassandras, “Hybrid controllers for hierarchically decomposed systems,” in Proceedings of the Hybrid System Control Confernce, pp. 117–129, March 2000.
- L. S. Jennings, K. L. Teo, V. Rehbock, and W. X. Zheng, “Optimal control of singular systems with a cost on changing control,” Dynamics and Control, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 63–89, 1996.
- C. Song and P. Li, “Near optimal control for a class of stochastic hybrid systems,” Automatica, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 1553–1557, 2010.
- R. Findeisen, L. Imsland, F. Allgöwer, and B. A. Foss, “State and output feedback nonlinear model predictive control: an overview,” European Journal of Control, vol. 9, no. 2-3, pp. 190–206, 2003.
- S. Kameswaran and L. T. Biegler, “Simultaneous dynamic optimization strategies: recent advances and challenges,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 30, no. 10–12, pp. 1560–1575, 2006.
- A. Bemporad and M. Morari, “Control of systems integrating logic, dynamics, and constraints,” Automatica, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 407–427, 1999.
- C. Song, B. Wu, and P. Li, “A hybrid model-based optimal control method for nonlinear systems using simultaneous dynamic optimization strategies,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 852–860, 2012.
- J. Hu, Z. Wang, H. Gao, and L. K. Stergioulas, “Probability-guaranteed H∞ finite-horizon filtering for a class of nonlinear time-varying systems with sensor saturation,” System and Control Letters, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 477–484, 2012.