- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 589640, 13 pages
Bayesian Estimation of Two-Parameter Weibull Distribution Using Extension of Jeffreys' Prior Information with Three Loss Functions
1Institute for Mathematical Research, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Salangor, Malaysia
2Department of Mathematics, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Salangor, Malaysia
Received 18 April 2012; Revised 29 May 2012; Accepted 12 June 2012
Academic Editor: Bohdan Maslowski
Copyright © 2012 Chris Bambey Guure et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. F. Zhang, M. Xie, and L. C. Tang, “On weighted least square estimation for the parameters of Weibull distribution,” in Recent Advances in Reliability and Quality Design, P. Hoang, Ed., pp. 57–84, Springer, London, UK, 2008.
- R. B. Abernethy, The New Weibull Handbook, 5th edition, 2006.
- M. A. Al Omari and N. A. Ibrahim, “Bayesian survival estimation for Weibull distribution with censored data,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 393–396, 2011.
- F. M. Al-Aboud, “Bayesian estimations for the extreme value distribution using progressive censored data and asymmetric loss,” International Mathematical Forum, vol. 4, no. 33, pp. 1603–1622, 2009.
- H. S. Al-Kutubi and N. A. Ibrahim, “Bayes estimator for exponential distribution with extension of Jeffery prior information,” Malaysian Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 297–313, 2009.
- B. N. Pandey, N. Dwividi, and B. Pulastya, “Comparison between bayesian and maximum likelihood estimation of the scale parameter in Weibull distribution with known shape under linex loss function,” Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 55, pp. 163–172, 2011.
- F. M. Al-Athari, “Parameter estimation for the double-pareto distribution,” Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 289–294, 2011.
- A. Hossain and W. Zimmer, “Comparison of estimation methods for Weibull parameters: complete and censored samples,” Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 145–153, 2003.
- L. M. Lye, K. P. Hapuarachchi, and S. Ryan, “Bayes estimation of the extreme-value reliability,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 641–644, 1993.
- A. Zellner, “Bayesian estimation and prediction using asymmetric loss functions,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 81, no. 394, pp. 446–451, 1986.
- S. K. Sinha, “Byaes estimation of the reliability function and hazard rate of a Weibull failure time distribution,” Tranbajos De Estadistica, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 47–56, 1986.